Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Media Amnesia

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2006, 12:27 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Media Amnesia

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Media Amnesia:

It's been a number of months since the media reported on the 'worrying' and deadly H5N1 version of bird flu that was going to wipe out millions and do more damage to the planet than global warning and Cyberdine Systems combined
Then a swan washes up in the ar$e end of Scotland and the panic grows as bird flu hits our shores.
Then silence, complete media silence... Has bird flu dissapeared? Have the media suffered aviatory amnesia?...
How Bizaare...

Now, I never cared for the threat of Bird Flu for me or my family because Im from up north and incredibly tough, but southerners were apparantly in real danger...

So what happened, where did it go?

ALSO - I presume no-one ever gets stabbed anymore? When the last knife amnesty was announced, the media made headline news whenever someone chopped up a gerkin in a kitchen, never mind someone got stabbed out in the ghetto...
Now you could be hacked to death by a knife wielding maniac and it might make it onto your local news, just after an announcement of a new wind farm that is to be built...

I am getting so media scpetic now Im in my 30's... As you can tell
Old 24 July 2006, 12:29 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Apparently a bird in our land is worth two of blair and bush or something something
Old 24 July 2006, 01:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think a dead bird due to bird flu was reported in Scotland recently. You are right about the decreasing value placed on a life too.

Les
Old 24 July 2006, 05:06 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

So true thought the same the other day, seems like they forgot about the Tsunami as well, it would be nice to see how they are rebuilding their lives or not as is probably the case for many thousands.