Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Jean Charles de Menezes

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2006, 11:53 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Jean Charles de Menezes

Jean Charles de Menezes was an illegal immigrant who had over-stayed his welcome. Unfortunate that he got 'murdered' by the police a year ago, but if had gone back to Brazil and hadn't have been in Britain illegally, it simply couldn't have happened.

A family statement said: "We believe that the most fitting tribute to Jean's life is for you, your friends and family to take action for peace. We must prevent further conflict and bloodshed."
It added: "[Jean] had a strong belief in God, in humanity and in peace. He was a man who loved the very essence of life."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5205286.stm

If he had a strong belief in the law & order as he appears to have had in humanity and peace, then he would still be alive to tell the tale!
Old 22 July 2006, 11:58 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hardly the crime of the century is it?
Old 22 July 2006, 12:01 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Presumably Suresh believes in the death sentence for all immigrants who have outstayed their welcome?
Old 22 July 2006, 12:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

What a ridiculous excuse to try to justify the Police killing him in the manner that they did!

If your grossly incompetent NL heroes had been doing the jobs they are being paid obscene salaries and expenses for, it would not have happened either of course.

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 22 July 2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 22 July 2006, 12:06 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

simple truth is, if he had gone home when he should have done he may have been alive today,

prhaps the message from this is dont outstay your visa, and dont enter our country illeagally

Mart
Old 22 July 2006, 12:10 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Jean Charles de Menezes was an illegal immigrant who had over-stayed his welcome. Unfortunate that he got 'murdered' by the police a year ago, but if had gone back to Brazil and hadn't have been in Britain illegally, it simply couldn't have happened.

A family statement said: "We believe that the most fitting tribute to Jean's life is for you, your friends and family to take action for peace. We must prevent further conflict and bloodshed."
It added: "[Jean] had a strong belief in God, in humanity and in peace. He was a man who loved the very essence of life."

If he had a strong belief in the law & order as he appears to have had in humanity and peace, then he would still be alive to tell the tale!

I can understand the reaction you are going to get from this post <flame suit on for you> but I can actually see your point.

He definately never deserved to die for being an illegal immigrant but a simple fact is that if he had gone home when he should have he would not have come to such a dreadful ending in Stockwell tube station. Unfortunately it is a hard truth but can't be argued.

chop
Old 22 July 2006, 12:47 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Of course he would not have got shot had he gone home but how many people expect to be shot for a suicide bomber when they are completely innocent of such an idea even and when he was wearing lightweight clothing which would not conceal a bomb under his clothing?

Les

Trending Topics

Old 22 July 2006, 12:56 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

It's a shame an innocent man was shot. Still, not all bad eh, his family seem to have managed to spend most of the last year over here at our expense.
Old 22 July 2006, 12:57 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

If it hadn't been him it would have been some other poor sod who looked like a muslim terrorist.

Jean took 7 bullets for some UK based muslim - you should be thanking him !
Old 22 July 2006, 12:57 PM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Didn't he have a rucksack on ?

R.
Old 22 July 2006, 01:27 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think that was another story spread by the PC copper in chief.

Les
Old 22 July 2006, 01:28 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

As Leslie says, NL have to be partitially to blame here because if they actually deported those who overstayed visa's then he would have not been able to stay here. NL have made legal aid so freely available, that I wouldnt be surprised if the de Menezes family were sueing the UK Police with UK legal aid despite not even being UK citizens

His dead was 'unfortunate', but he was breaking the law. If someone broke into my house, slipped and broke their neck and died I would have little sympathy as they shouldnt have been there in the first place. Thanks to NL tho I'd probably get sued and sent to jail by the 'victims' family

I remember on the day de Menezes got shot tho, within 2 hours of it happening (and before they knew he wasnt a terrorist) I had received a funny text on the subject; "the myth that muslims dont drink is over - one had 5 shots before 9am this morning!"
Old 22 July 2006, 01:36 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Come here illegally, go home in a body bag. Thats one way of curbing illegal immigration
Old 22 July 2006, 01:44 PM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

y'all can't f**k with the po-lice
Old 22 July 2006, 02:05 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

If he hadn't been staying illegally then the authorities would have known who he was and he wouldn't of come under the suspicion.

If you act like a potential terrorist (ie living in a county under a false passport etc) then expect to be treated like one.

It's a shame it came to somebody getting killed but protecting the lives of the citizens that belong in this country should be number 1 priority and for a change it was.
Old 22 July 2006, 02:09 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Richard_P
If he hadn't been staying illegally then the authorities would have known who he was and he wouldn't of come under the suspicion.

If you act like a potential terrorist (ie living in a county under a false passport etc) then expect to be treated like one.

It's a shame it came to somebody getting killed but protecting the lives of the citizens that belong in this country should be number 1 priority and for a change it was.
The 4 real terrorists were BRITISH !

de Menezes is dead because the police are incompetent - that's the fact.

The trigger happy ***** could gun you down if you've taken a tan in the recent good weather .
Old 22 July 2006, 02:10 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Suresh, many thanks for that post, Ive long thought you are complete ******, and Im grateful to you for confirming it.
Old 22 July 2006, 02:13 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fantom
y'all can't f**k with the po-lice
What film's that off?
Old 22 July 2006, 02:19 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by turbotwat123
Suresh, many thanks for that post, I' ve long thought you are complete ******, and I'm grateful to you for confirming it.
You don't like someone's opinion so you insult them. That's very adult of you. **** .

But I'm right about the Brazilian, aren't I? - go on admit it!
Old 22 July 2006, 02:50 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I don't understand why the *entire* extended family are still here a year later presumably at the tax payers expense playing the victim and hamming it up in self created photo opportunities.

They've had their due process - they didn't get the result they wanted (ie - enormous amounts of UK dollars in compensation) - tough. Time for them to bugger off back to their respective hovels and get on with their lives. 15 minutes of fame over.
Old 22 July 2006, 03:50 PM
Rabid
BANNED

Suresh, that argument is a bit like saying if you weren't a child then you wouldn't be a potential victim for a pedarist, therefore it's your fault.

Or if you hadn't been crossing the road you wouldn't have been run over.

The two issues are unrelated.
Old 22 July 2006, 04:03 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

You don't like someone's opinion so you insult them. That's very adult of you. **** .

But I'm right about the Brazilian, aren't I? - go on admit it!
Why are you so mad Suresh?? Does it hurt for someone to disagree with you...

As for you being right....hmm lets think about this....and the answer is NO.

Your logic is as bizarre as me saying Suresh speeds, and therfore is a crim and therfore when he gets burgled it serves him right cos crims deserve this....hope this anology is simple enough for you old boy!
Old 22 July 2006, 04:15 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rabid
Suresh, that argument is a bit like saying if you weren't a child then you wouldn't be a potential victim for a pedarist, therefore it's your fault.

Or if you hadn't been crossing the road you wouldn't have been run over.

The two issues are unrelated.
I take it you mean pederast.

Ironically you take a percentage of blame, in a court of law for being there, even if you are the innocent party.

Crossing that road wouldn't been an accident if you were'nt there.
Old 22 July 2006, 04:26 PM
Rabid
BANNED

Originally Posted by Spoon
I take it you mean pederast.
I'm clearly not an expert on the subject, unlike you.
Old 22 July 2006, 04:30 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Can see both arguements here.

Yes, he shouldn't have been in the country, and therefore as stated above if he was in Brasil he wouldn't have got shot.

But surely the government should take some of the responsiblity for that aswell, as they should have sent him home ages ago.

Also it is worrying that in theory anyone living near known terror suspect could be in the same position as the Brazilian bloke.

People can slate the police on this one as much as they like, but enless you were in their position it is hard to know exactly what you'd have done.
Old 22 July 2006, 04:48 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Default lul

Originally Posted by turboman786
Why are you so mad Suresh?? Does it hurt for someone to disagree with you...

As for you being right....hmm lets think about this....and the answer is NO.

Your logic is as bizarre as me saying Suresh speeds, and therfore is a crim and therfore when he gets burgled it serves him right cos crims deserve this....hope this anology is simple enough for you old boy!
Ahhh. So you've stopped with the childish insults. Well done!

A truer rather than random analogy would be - read this s l o w l y - is if someone is burgling a house and gets bitten to death by a dog whilst illegally on someone else's property. Sure he doesn't deserve to get bitten to death, but he is majority culpable as he shouldn't have been in the house in the first place! Now do you understand? If not please ask an adult to explain it to you....

So I'm right. I win!
Old 22 July 2006, 06:22 PM
Rapid17
Scooby Regular

The man didn't deserve to die in the way he did but as others have said, if he had gone home to his own country when his time in the UK was up it wouldn't have happened. It's a bit like the burglar who was shot dead by the farmer some years ago; if he hadn't been burgling the farmers property he wouldn't have been shot to death.
Old 22 July 2006, 07:03 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

I'm clearly not an expert on the subject, unlike you.
If I heard a word for the first time then I'd want to know how it was spelt.

I certainly wouldn't want to spell it incorrectly or pretend I knew it's meaning, unlike you.
Old 22 July 2006, 09:09 PM
Rabid
BANNED

Originally Posted by Spoon
If I heard a word for the first time then I'd want to know how it was spelt.

I certainly wouldn't want to spell it incorrectly or pretend I knew it's meaning, unlike you.
An expert on child molestation and can spell every word in the language..........is there no beginning to your talents?
Old 22 July 2006, 09:14 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

An expert on child molestation and can spell every word in the language..........is there no beginning to your talents?
Be careful you don't over step the mark or I might want to come and rip your throat out.

Quick Reply: Jean Charles de Menezes