Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fleabay experts

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2006, 03:44 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fleabay experts

Right you knowledgable lot, I need some assistance.. .please

Say you brought something from eBay - when it arrived it was as described, but either it didn't live up to your expectations or you decided you just didn't want it.

You send the seller a message asking for a refund ( the seller has not put the option for this cause they don't have a large turnover, and just sell odds and sods every so often.

You didn't contact the seller before hand to ask any questions.

The seller says no refund, and points out that it was your decision to bid for, and purchase the item. You are told you got a pretty good deal anyway (the amount you would have had to have paid to a retailer is mentioned and it is a good saving).

As the buyer, where do you stand? Can eBay make the seller pay the money back, even though the item was as described? and would the buyer get to keep the goods in this instance?

I hope this make sense... I'm not the buyer BTW
TIA
Old 14 July 2006, 03:48 PM
jamieerst
Scooby Regular

IMHO....

The buyer put the bid in and won the item, they must have wanted it at some point, unless they have a genuine reason for wanting a refund, i.e faulty item or it was not as described, they dont have a leg to stand on.

Just make sure that messages between the buyer and the seller are through ebay's message centre, then it can all be tracked.

J
Old 14 July 2006, 03:54 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Originally Posted by jamieerst
IMHO....

The buyer put the bid in and won the item, they must have wanted it at some point, unless they have a genuine reason for wanting a refund, i.e faulty item or it was not as described, they dont have a leg to stand on.

Just make sure that messages between the buyer and the seller are through ebay's message centre, then it can all be tracked.

J
Thanks Jamieerst. We sold the item, which was basically surplus to our requirements. The description we used, was exactly as the one used by the official suppliers, from whom we originally purchased the items from.

I think she is trying to pull as fast one, and I have told the buyer (quite nicely) where to go This is the first time anything like this has cropped up so I wasn't sure what she could do about it.
Old 14 July 2006, 03:54 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

If there is nothing wrong with the item and it's just a case you don't want it any more - tough, unless the seller is offering a no quibble returns policy.
Old 14 July 2006, 03:56 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Just stick it back on ebay and get some other mug to buy it off you
Old 14 July 2006, 03:57 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Just stick it back on ebay and get some other mug to buy it off you
Noooo! It took me long enough to sell the first time round...I don't want them back again!! but there is nowt wrong with them
Old 14 July 2006, 04:03 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Caveat Emptor.

Trending Topics

Old 14 July 2006, 04:03 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

The buyer should wait a couple of weeks and then stick it back on e-bay. (what was it, BTW)?
Old 14 July 2006, 05:57 PM
oldpro
Scooby Newbie

Unless item is different from described then it boils down to the discretion of the seller.

You could always offer a refund, but deduct shipping, packing, handling and restocking fees from the refund amount. So if the buyer paid fifty pounds, say all the charges come to 15, so you will happily refund the buyer 35 pounds when you receive the item back.

Then pop it back on eBay...............
Old 14 July 2006, 11:33 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

What about if the item doesn't work when it arrives yet add said it was fine? Get a refund? Even if no refund was offered in add?

TX.
Old 14 July 2006, 11:44 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
What about if the item doesn't work when it arrives yet add said it was fine? Get a refund? Even if no refund was offered in add?

TX.
I would then say there were grounds for a refund; thankfully my stuff wasn't anything in that category

Am waiting for response to my nice refusal

Thanks for all the responses, all.
Old 15 July 2006, 08:03 AM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

being a bit of an e-bay virgin i saw some wagon STi spoilers on ebay bidded and won and when they arrived yesterday they were basically standard wagon spoilers no different to the ones I got photos were decieving .

What is my first point of contact to try to get a refund

can I prove that sti spoiler s are larger (by documents etc) and were mis described ?

Help reqd please as I paid £141 for these
Old 15 July 2006, 08:09 AM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

If the item was as described they dont have a leg to stand on i was selling subway club stamps on ebay some guy said that his subway wasnt accepting them so i rang his local subways (3) asked them if they was still accepting them and they said yeah so we told him where to get off!
Old 15 July 2006, 08:11 AM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
being a bit of an e-bay virgin i saw some wagon STi spoilers on ebay bidded and won and when they arrived yesterday they were basically standard wagon spoilers no different to the ones I got photos were decieving .

can I prove that sti spoiler s are larger (by documents etc) and were mis described ?

you can contact the seller asking for a refund if they refuse you can make a claim for a refund as the item wasnt described properly it takes ebay a while to respond but you will get a answer
Old 15 July 2006, 08:33 AM
speed demoness
Scooby Regular

we've had a similar incident to this.
advertised a mobile phone, stating that it was locked to t mobile... one woman bid on it and won the auction... then had the netrve to say it didn't work with her O2 card and wanted a refund! errr I don't think so.

I think there's a lot of people really do 'try it on' on ebay... stand your ground.. the buyer obviously wanted it in the first place!
Old 15 July 2006, 08:38 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lordharding

If the pictures match the product its really your own fault mate, either way nicely contact the seller and explain. If no good comes of it, complain to ebay