Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Israel, right or wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 14 July 2006, 02:08 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Israel, right or wrong?

It really seems to be kicking off in the middle east right now, not sure where it will lead.

IMO, Israel have overstepped the mark, they are a menace and always have been. The Palestinians have been extremely hard done to over the years, it's no surprise that Hamas and Hezbollah attack them.

It's time something was done about Israel.

Geezer
Old 14 July 2006, 02:14 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I think they have gone too far this time, harming any chance of middle east peace along the way.
I do not condone anything their enemies have done to them but feel that this form of retaliation is over the top...
Old 14 July 2006, 02:26 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Hopefully all in the middle east will kill each other eventually then the world will be a safer place to live, then it will be just a case of rooting out the chavs and dispensing of them
Old 14 July 2006, 02:27 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Plenty of wrong on both sides.
Old 14 July 2006, 02:32 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

The Israelis will continue to do as they please, because they have the REAL most dangerous country in the world standing behind them....... the USA

Not for nothing do folk refer to THEM as the "Jewnited States of America".

Alcazar
Old 14 July 2006, 02:41 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Geezer
, not sure where it will lead.

Geezer
Higher petrol prices for a start. Oil is once again at record price levels because of this nonsense. Predicted that prices will rise to well over a pound a litre very soon.
Old 14 July 2006, 02:45 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Predicted that prices will rise to well over a pound a litre very soon.
Typical just as I am planning to drive back to England for a few days.

Trending Topics

Old 14 July 2006, 02:52 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I really fear this is the start of something big
Old 14 July 2006, 03:07 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

JUST KILL THEM ALL!
Old 14 July 2006, 03:14 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by The Chief
I really fear this is the start of something big
Well Syria and Iran reportedly bankroll Hezbollah so if they join in, the US will attack Iran and global warming will be the last of our worries.

Steve
Old 14 July 2006, 03:37 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance

The militant Israelis don't seem to realise that they are, always have, and always will be dealing with a completely irrational (by their standards) opposition with dozens of conflicting interests. There will never be any objective logic applied or lasting peace between them. At least, I cannot see it. I have some sympathy for the Palastinian position, but what hope is there if they cannot even stand united and respectful at Jasser Arafat's funeral, which was a semi-riot with machine guns fired into the air all around? Some kind of victory salute, or show of strength, or just young men with over-active hormones? Take your pick - you will not come up with an answer that gives much hope for the future.

It is impossible to condone the actions of either side but Israel's persistent and massive retaliations only fan the flames, and turn the peace-seeking majority into sworn enemies. That's what happens when people close to you are maimed or killed. I have some experience of this, and it is scary how it skews your emotions, and the scars take a long time to heal (if ever).

The American interest cannot be ignored, and that is driven by just two factors, a) the substantial US Jewish vote, and b) oil. Oil is something we should all worry about in the West, as we are so dependent on it. And whichever side you're on, heaven knows what would happen to global energy supplies if Israel didn't exist.

It is all very depressing, but go to Africa for a real taste of on-going tribal conflict and acts of unspeakable barbarity. Bosnia was no picnic, either. But they haven't got any oil.

Richard.
Old 14 July 2006, 03:39 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

kidnapping an isreali soldier was kinda like walking up to them and slapping them in there face though. what did the palastinians expect isreal to do?
Old 14 July 2006, 03:49 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by Tidgy
kidnapping an isreali soldier was kinda like walking up to them and slapping them in there face though. what did the palastinians expect isreal to do?
There have been negotiated prisoner exchanges on this basis before, so it may not be as mad as first seems.

There has been a change of leadership in Israel, so he may just be flexing his mucsles.

Geezer
Old 14 July 2006, 03:51 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Force being used is far, far too excessive and will only fuel more crimes against Israel.

Hope it comes to a peaceful end, although I very much doubt it will.

The big powers seem to be able to as they please.
Old 14 July 2006, 03:59 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

tbh, its 6 of one half dozen of the other. they are so busy blaming each other they have forgoten what peace is all about, will be like it for years to come.
Old 14 July 2006, 05:09 PM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hoppy
The militant Israelis don't seem to realise that they are, always have, and always will be dealing with a completely irrational (by their standards) opposition with dozens of conflicting interests. There will never be any objective logic applied or lasting peace between them. At least, I cannot see it. I have some sympathy for the Palastinian position, but what hope is there if they cannot even stand united and respectful at Jasser Arafat's funeral, which was a semi-riot with machine guns fired into the air all around? Some kind of victory salute, or show of strength, or just young men with over-active hormones? Take your pick - you will not come up with an answer that gives much hope for the future.

It is impossible to condone the actions of either side but Israel's persistent and massive retaliations only fan the flames, and turn the peace-seeking majority into sworn enemies. That's what happens when people close to you are maimed or killed. I have some experience of this, and it is scary how it skews your emotions, and the scars take a long time to heal (if ever).

The American interest cannot be ignored, and that is driven by just two factors, a) the substantial US Jewish vote, and b) oil. Oil is something we should all worry about in the West, as we are so dependent on it. And whichever side you're on, heaven knows what would happen to global energy supplies if Israel didn't exist.
A good, well-balanced post. I agree pretty much, though I have to admit my sympathies lie more with the Israelis than the muslims. I know I wouldn't like to be in Israel's position, surrounded by enemy states full of fundamentalist nutjobs who would happily wipe them out given half a chance...
Old 14 July 2006, 05:13 PM
bexxx
Scooby Regular

Who ever invented guns and bombs was an idiot.
Old 14 July 2006, 05:21 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bexxx
Who ever invented guns and bombs was an idiot.
Dunno about that, quite enjoy Guy Fawkes night myself, Lol.

Mac
Old 14 July 2006, 05:21 PM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

Right.
Old 14 July 2006, 05:48 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

And who created Israel?

The winners of 1 of the world wars.

Its going to go to all out war soon enough unless the USA step in and pull Israels reins in.
Old 14 July 2006, 05:51 PM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simon C

Its going to go to all out war soon enough unless the USA step in and pull Israels reins in.
Cant see that happening to be honest.
Old 14 July 2006, 05:56 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Nopes, cos the USA are going to make a mint out of all the expended ammo thats going to need replacing.
Old 14 July 2006, 06:10 PM
PeteT
Scooby Regular

Wrong (to the original question).
Old 14 July 2006, 06:13 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

So if any of you lot lived next door to pikeys who persistently threw explosives over the fence into your garden, you're saying you wouldn't be tempted to go round and firebomb their house? I know I would!

IMO Israel are in exactly the same situation, they withdraw from the Gaza Strip following relentless international pressure and what happens, the stupid ragheads immediately use it as a platform to launch rocket assaults deeper into Israeli territory! Which funnily enough, was the reason the Israelis invaded that area in the first place

Why aren't the palestinians giving the same amount of grief to Jordan? After all, parts of that country are supposedly their homeland too!
Old 14 July 2006, 06:23 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

at least they dont ***** foot around like most other countries
Old 14 July 2006, 06:31 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

wrong, wrong they're all bloody wrong.
Old 14 July 2006, 06:32 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Apparently this all started out after a thread on www.isreali.net about VTA dump valves
Old 14 July 2006, 06:39 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Israel : OTT and the situation needs the US to tell them to calm down or face the consequences of no more handouts . On the otherhand my energy investments are doing rather well right now
Old 14 July 2006, 07:02 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Same as 30 years ago when we were getting shot at offshore waiting to unload cargo.
Nothing will ever satisfy the palestinians as a people. If Israel disappeared today they would just start killing each other as is happening in Africa and Iraq as we speak.
Are Israel to blame? Well they as a race have decided they will not take any sh*t from anyone because if they were to appear weak at all they would have Syria climbing all over them. And does anyone think Syria would give back the land to the Palestinians.
Only Kissinger came close to sorting it out but was undermined by strong US
business interests and a weak International community.
IMHO
Old 14 July 2006, 08:00 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Question

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
So if any of you lot lived next door to pikeys who persistently threw explosives over the fence into your garden, you're saying you wouldn't be tempted to go round and firebomb their house? I know I would!

IMO Israel are in exactly the same situation, they withdraw from the Gaza Strip following relentless international pressure and what happens, the stupid ragheads immediately use it as a platform to launch rocket assaults deeper into Israeli territory! Which funnily enough, was the reason the Israelis invaded that area in the first place

Why aren't the palestinians giving the same amount of grief to Jordan? After all, parts of that country are supposedly their homeland too!

Mmmm, the situation is more like someone comes along and gives all your land to the pikeys( Israelis) without asking you, then you try to get the pikeys off your land, so they over react and kill half of your family. Still sound fair?

The world would be alot better off without 1) The USA 2) Israel). That is not anti-semitic, it's anti Israeli.

Geezer

Quick Reply: Israel, right or wrong?