Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone ever reported a driver for littering?

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2006, 11:38 AM
lordretsudo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever reported a driver for littering?

As above really! If there's one thing that really gets me annoyed it's when you're sat in a traffic jam when suddenly, from the window of the car in front or behind, a bag of McDonald's rubbish or something similar is casually tossed out onto the road. There's something so arrogant and ignorant about it, it literally makes my blood boil Just to be clear that I'm not just getting at drivers; I'm equally annoyed when someone drops litter in front of me when not in a car, but people seem to be a lot less blatant about that these days...

Anyway, this happened to me twice yesterday and the second time I made a note of the car's registration plate (a clapped out Calibra full of chavs). Is there an on-line way of reporting this, or would I have to ring the local police (who'll probably think I'm mad)? I realise that it's completely futile, and that some people on here probably regard it as a minor offence, and indeed probably do it themselves, but that's besides the point... it would make me feel better

Regards, Mr Busy Body!
Old 13 July 2006, 11:48 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Last time I Had a to some teenagers,just got a load of abuse, wouldnt bother now as I have the only white subaru in the area they would probably end up bricking it one night
Old 13 July 2006, 11:49 AM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

ask paulpalmer, he is up on snitching on people
Old 13 July 2006, 11:53 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We get this all the time behind my work because there's a McDonalds around the corner People park up on the side roads to eat their McDonalds then throw the rubbish on the floor It makes the area look even ****tier than it already is I wish there was a way of stopping them because there is no excuse for littering.

If you have litter keep it in your car until you get home and put it in the bin.
watto52
Scooby Regular

i live up in the lake district and it realy pi55es me off when i see mcdonald wrappers left all over the road. FFS, it nature up here and beutiful scenery that gets ruined by litter.

Why is it always mcdonalds and not KFC etc?
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SwissTony
ask paulpalmer, he is up on snitching on people
**** off Chris I've never reported anyone
Old 13 July 2006, 12:13 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a f*cking pint pot launched out of a window into my path, load of drunken ******* in a Maxxed Punto going throught the Manchester airport tunnels, got the reg and had a word with the Police (helps if you know a traffic Bobby), they had the boys waiting for them when the car arrived home, all they got was a bollocking and the lad who had thrown it (denied it) was very drunk and underage and was delivered home by the Police.

See it all the time though, mainly Chavs eating Fast Food but also saw a proffessional looking girl in an Audi A3 launch a coffee cup out, so in traffic I told her what I though of her.

Had a truck driver launch a bag out of his cab containing all his lunch debris, it deposited a yoghurt pot on my bonnet, so I rang the 'Well Driven' number on the back and dropped him in it.
Old 13 July 2006, 01:32 PM
Scoobydid
Scooby Regular

Sitting in traffic a while back and a yoof lights up a ciggy and lobbed the packet out of the window. I got out of the car walked up to the window "excuse me you've dropped something" passes in *** packet "I'm right behind you and I have your number"
He probably just drove round the corner a threw it back out again, but you never know, it might have sunk in.
Old 13 July 2006, 01:33 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

I usually lob it back into said vehicle (if poss) with the words..."Think you dropped this mate".

Usually met with a flustered .."Oh, yeah".
Yve
Old 14 July 2006, 03:13 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I agree totally with what you say Lordretsudo, it shows complete lack of responsibilty or any care for society.

I think Yve has got the best idea, but be careful, there are some nutters about with no self control at all and they can be dangerous!

Les
Old 14 July 2006, 03:27 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
We get this all the time behind my work because there's a McDonalds around the corner People park up on the side roads to eat their McDonalds then throw the rubbish on the floor
Our local McDonalds send staff out to pick up the rubbish Then they probably take turns to drive around the streets chucking it at poor, unsuspecting motorists
Old 14 July 2006, 03:36 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

*** butts have got to be the worst thing thrown out of cars though, ******* hate that.
Old 14 July 2006, 03:38 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Is well annoying and totally agree with all of the above I live in a nice rural area and there is no need for it. It's a cultural thing, was in Oz a few years back and people will actually walk down the street and cross the road to put out their *** butts, thats the way it should be but alass doubt it ever will be.

A pic from Sydney, and thats my mate that doesnt know that you cant stand straight infront of glass when taking a photo.

Old 14 July 2006, 03:48 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby.Newbie
Is well annoying and totally agree with all of the above I live in a nice rural area and there is no need for it. It's a cultural thing, was in Oz a few years back and people will actually walk down the street and cross the road to put out their *** butts, thats the way it should be but alass doubt it ever will be.
You say that, but at the same time there was a fuss last year? about a smoking ban on one of the beaches, Bondi, Manly, as you would not believe the amount of butts left in the sand. So well done in the city, need some work on the waterfront though
Old 14 July 2006, 03:56 PM
Scooby.Newbie
Scooby Regular

Yeah will agree with you there, Bondi was a bit of a dissapointment but overall is a pretty clean place, only did the East coast but was pretty impressed most places that I went and it is something that you notice.
Old 14 July 2006, 04:06 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

My mate's always throwing stuff from his car and it really gets me mad.
Like most people, he couldn't care less though and gets the **** on if you say owt to him......so I do.

Only thing worse than litter is people spitting...dirty b@stards
Old 14 July 2006, 05:21 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby_matt
Only thing worse than litter is people spitting...dirty b@stards
... or spewing up all over the pavement when they've had a few too many
Old 14 July 2006, 05:43 PM
oldpro
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I had a f*cking pint pot launched out of a window into my path, load of drunken ******* in a Maxxed Punto going throught the Manchester airport tunnels, got the reg and had a word with the Police (helps if you know a traffic Bobby), they had the boys waiting for them when the car arrived home, all they got was a bollocking and the lad who had thrown it (denied it) was very drunk and underage and was delivered home by the Police.

See it all the time though, mainly Chavs eating Fast Food but also saw a proffessional looking girl in an Audi A3 launch a coffee cup out, so in traffic I told her what I though of her.

Had a truck driver launch a bag out of his cab containing all his lunch debris, it deposited a yoghurt pot on my bonnet, so I rang the 'Well Driven' number on the back and dropped him in it.
LOL, funny how you have a go at the professional looking girl for throwing her coffee, but you don't bother to have a go at the big trucker or the car full of lads, both of whom committed an offence worse than just throwing a styrofoam cup onto the floor!!!

Last edited by oldpro; 14 July 2006 at 05:46 PM.
Old 14 July 2006, 05:46 PM
oldpro
Scooby Newbie

There should be a number for reporting littering, but at the end of the day where's the proof?
Old 14 July 2006, 05:51 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldpro
There should be a number for reporting littering
Local Council but by the time they get off their backsides ....
Old 14 July 2006, 05:53 PM
little'un
Scooby Regular

no but I'd love to report them for using a mobile phone
Old 14 July 2006, 05:57 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little'un
no but I'd love to report them for using a mobile phone
Old 14 July 2006, 06:56 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

there is a scheme being trialed in one of the London boroughs to catch people lobbing litter - I think its particularly for people chucking litter out of cars. The idea is that you take a photo of the person doing it with your phone. Obviously not without risks... like getting caught using your mobile whilst driving behind said litter lout

ho hum at least they're trying