Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Astonishing video of our allies at work!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2006, 09:18 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Astonishing video of our allies at work!!!!

Gunship

Not for slow connections or the fainthearted.

Something feels quite wrong to me!
Old 09 July 2006, 09:44 AM
oobster
Scooby Regular

Link doesn't work
Old 09 July 2006, 09:48 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

OOOO'ER....says .......FORBIDDEN !
Yve
Old 09 July 2006, 09:52 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmmm? It works for me!!!!!

Just tried from a different pc and IP address - it works there too - I can't host it as it is 50mb

Last edited by Trout; 09 July 2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09 July 2006, 09:54 AM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

Says forbidden for me aswell.Is it the americans blowing ****/people/countries/anything that moves up?Keeewwwwwwlllllllllll!!!
Old 09 July 2006, 09:56 AM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Works fine here.
Old 09 July 2006, 09:56 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Copy link location and paste it into the address bar then it works.

Andy
Old 09 July 2006, 10:04 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Old video, but hey, body parts flying in all directions, looks good to me.

Andy
Old 09 July 2006, 10:09 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Forbidden here
Old 09 July 2006, 10:21 AM
UncleScoob
Scooby Regular

Location: Not too far from my next door neighbour and just down the road from the Queen's house.....

Originally Posted by Rannoch
Gunship

Something feels quite wrong to me!
Have to agree with you Rannoch. Seems a bit wrong to me too. I guess we will never know what 'intelligence' there was behind that mission, but seeing it cold like that does make you feel that maybe it needn't have cost as many lives..... But then war is never pretty is it.
pete1977
Scooby Regular

I wouldnt bother anyway,its a crap vid.This **** happens on a daily basis out in Iraq,just the media has got bored of it now.If something feels quite wrong for you maybe you could counter it with the pictures of the 2 coalition troops recently caught close to Karbala,Iraq after the locals had done what they wanted to them(you couldnt even dream this **** up).Why does it feel wrong?Do you have any info on why this was happening or have you just not got the stomach for combat/war footage?Contrary to popular belief the coalition doesnt go about just dropping bombs on foreign mosques.Its USUALLY for a very good reason,especially where mosques are concerned.
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

linkey no workie
Old 09 July 2006, 10:22 AM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

Its not hard to see why the yanks are maybe more prone to blue on blue than we are. The guy seems to work himself up into a killing frenzy, and when he is told 'you are clear to level the building' that just says it all to me.
The yanks will never win a war like this, its hardly going to win 'hearts and minds' attacking people from a plane at 20,000 feet, especially people fleeing from a mosque.

Dan
Old 09 July 2006, 10:36 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pete1977
I wouldnt bother anyway,its a crap vid.This **** happens on a daily basis out in Iraq,just the media has got bored of it now.If something feels quite wrong for you maybe you could counter it with the pictures of the 2 coalition troops recently caught close to Karbala,Iraq after the locals had done what they wanted to them(you couldnt even dream this **** up).Why does it feel wrong?Do you have any info on why this was happening or have you just not got the stomach for combat/war footage?Contrary to popular belief the coalition doesnt go about just dropping bombs on foreign mosques.Its USUALLY for a very good reason,especially where mosques are concerned.
An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind!

If the troops weren't there to start with then they could not have been maltreated.

There is no easy answer, both 'sides' are at fault. It doesn't make it right though.

And in terms of inferring that bombs are dropped indiscriminately. Sadly there is too much evidence to suggest otherwise. We have the ability to carry out surgical bombing and all too often we 'miss'.
Old 09 July 2006, 10:46 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Won't work here unfortunately.

If we were going to war we were told to avoid any American installation by a wide margin since even if we were flying east and squawking the correct IFF code were we still very likely to be shot down! Don't think they are encouraged to use their intelligence!

Les
Old 09 July 2006, 10:54 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

With a mention of a cave, thought it may well be Afghanistan.
Old 09 July 2006, 11:18 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

It is Afghanistan - quite a while ago - 2002.
Old 09 July 2006, 11:36 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

For the bloodthirsty there is another video in the same index labelled apache!!
Old 09 July 2006, 01:06 PM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

Sadly there is too much evidence to suggest otherwise. We have the ability to carry out surgical bombing and all too often we 'miss'.
Granted that there are stray bombs but its nowhere near as bad as what The Sun or the BBC likes to suggest,thats nothing to do with this footage anyway .This doesnt look like any sort of bombing mission gone wrong.Its a very deliberate strike which looked pretty effective to me,wether its against a legitimate target or not we dont know.So i ask again why is it "astonishing " bearing in mind you dont even know who/what the target is?
Old 09 July 2006, 04:43 PM
Bash0rz
Scooby Regular

right click save as!!
Old 09 July 2006, 05:41 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

Cool

For the bloodthirsty there is another video in the same index labelled apache!!
Have you got a link
seen it before but cant find it now
Old 09 July 2006, 05:53 PM
Mark Miwurdz
Scooby Regular

Wink

During my time in the military when we were hoovering westerners out of Beirut in 1984, the scariest thing I ever saw was a young US Marine sat in a tank at the business end of a huge ****-off machine gun. He had his helmet cocked jauntily to one side and he was chewing tobacco furiously. He looked absolutely wired and if anything had cracked off, I reckon he would have given everybody within a 360 degree arc and out to 2,000 yards severe lead poisoning.

Damn yankees - 2-bit ***** sumbitches...

Cheers
Kav
Old 09 July 2006, 06:02 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Location: Lancaster/Manchester or stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in between

http://www.appelsiini.net/~tuupola/misc/

There's all sorts of sh*te on there, but for the Apache doing the "chain-gun cha-cha", its the one titled apache.mpg (not apache_vid.mpg... god knows what thats about )
Old 09 July 2006, 06:14 PM
Neutral Cruiser
Scooby Regular

An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind!
Good statement.
Old 09 July 2006, 06:59 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

sorry guys lets get off are moral high horses and open your eyes these people are enemy combatants and get whats coming to them.
Old 09 July 2006, 10:47 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pete1977
Granted that there are stray bombs but its nowhere near as bad as what The Sun or the BBC likes to suggest,thats nothing to do with this footage anyway .This doesnt look like any sort of bombing mission gone wrong.Its a very deliberate strike which looked pretty effective to me,wether its against a legitimate target or not we dont know.So i ask again why is it "astonishing " bearing in mind you dont even know who/what the target is?
You must have edited where you asked me why I thought it was astonishing because I can't find it!!

I think it is astonishing that for people with such power at their disposal that their communications are mixed, they are not clear which building is which (don't they have pre-mission briefings) that they shoot to kill, which it is fine if it is the enemy. I may be limited in my experience of this however with the repeated western intelligence ****-ups this would seem to be a shoot everyone first policy because then they can't ask any questions later.

And hey - even if they are all guilty - don't you think that having footage that is not too hard to find of everyone leaving a mosque getting shot from 10,000 ft might be just a tadge provocative to the 'enemy'.

Finally the power that is simply available at the touch of a button is also fairly astonishing!

I am neither pro nor anti muslim. My general view of the middle east is of westerners having crusades there for around the past 1000 years. I am not surprised they are pissed of at West

Before that time I was not aware of any Middle Eastern crusades into Europe or North America - I am sure the historians can put me right.

So some may call then the enemy - but there are no innocent hands here. Remember Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Rannoch
Old 09 July 2006, 10:48 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Rannoch, does that link show images of human beings being blown to pieces?
Old 10 July 2006, 01:18 AM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Forbidden here

It because he's hotlinked the file and leeching somebody elses bandwidth.

Right click "Copy shortcut" and paste into a new broswer to get rid of your broswer's referer (or get software to do it for you )
Old 10 July 2006, 06:04 AM
pete1977
Scooby Regular

I think it is astonishing that for people with such power at their disposal that their communications are mixed, they are not clear which building is which (don't they have pre-mission briefings) that they shoot to kill, which it is fine if it is the enemy. I may be limited in my experience of this however with the repeated western intelligence ****-ups this would seem to be a shoot everyone first policy because then they can't ask any questions later.

And hey - even if they are all guilty - don't you think that having footage that is not too hard to find of everyone leaving a mosque getting shot from 10,000 ft might be just a tadge provocative to the 'enemy'.

Finally the power that is simply available at the touch of a button is also fairly astonishing!

I am neither pro nor anti muslim. My general view of the middle east is of westerners having crusades there for around the past 1000 years. I am not surprised they are pissed of at West

Before that time I was not aware of any Middle Eastern crusades into Europe or North America - I am sure the historians can put me right.

So some may call then the enemy - but there are no innocent hands here. Remember Weapons of Mass Destruction?

Rannoch
You can have all the military hardware in the world but you still need humans to make it work.These operations NEVER go according to plan ,"a great plan never survives the first contact" and for civilians/the media to think that they should is extremely niave,but makes for a great story that joe public sucks in like a sponge.
Having footage of people being bombed while leaving a mosque probably is provocative but so what?If they didnt release it then you,d be quick enough to shout cover up,wouldnt you?The fact that it was released says that the americans seem fairly confident they got the right guys.
I agree some of the americans arsenal is pretty astonishing and thats really what i was asking you,if you were astonished at the americans bombing a mosque or the power they weild.
I am neither pro or anti myself and can understand why there is an insurgency in both Iraq and Afghanistan.I live and work in Baghdad,having also worked in Afghanistan, as a civilian so am also privvy to what the americans are really doing on the ground over here.Its unfortunate the press feel the need to only point out where america has gone wrong as they have done a lot more good in this country than they have wrong.
As for WMD,LOL we can speculate but im sure we will never really get to the bottom of it.It doesnt really matter anymore now though ,not to the poeple of Iraq anyway.
Old 10 July 2006, 08:41 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Rannoch, does that link show images of human beings being blown to pieces?
In a literal sense no.

It shows an infrared spectrum of a site that is stated to be a mosque. Initially they are told to leave the building alone. Once they see people leaving in the building they then go after their vehicles.

Once they have taken out a number of vehicles they flatten the mosque.

They then search the area and any 'hotspots' i.e. humans are 'eliminated' using a lot of firepower.

The apache.mov does show three men being blown to pieces by explosive rounds from an Apache helicopter.

Rannoch

Quick Reply: Astonishing video of our allies at work!!!!