Search this Thread

Old 07 July 2006, 12:13 PM
duSTI's PA
Scooby Regular

Location: i no longer use Scoobynet please do not PM this account
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 min Silence for 7/7 everything stopped

I work in London (Holborn)

And at 11.55 my company went and stood for the 2 min silence on Holburn high Road , we were joined by the workmen from over the road and offices from around the area all came out , is was quite a heartwarming site seeing all these people coming together for a tragic event , busses taxis and cars all stopped , and silence fell .
Old 07 July 2006, 12:15 PM
RMA26
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by duSTI's PA

And at 11.55 my company went and stood for the 2 min silence on Holburn high Road , we were joined by the workmen from over the road and offices from around the area all came out , is was quite a heartwarming site seeing all these people coming together for a tragic event , busses taxis and cars all stopped , and silence fell .
As did it here (Bradford)

I've been to Holborn, wasn't impressed - Saw a muggin right in front of me

Is Charcol still alive and kicking there?
Old 07 July 2006, 12:37 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by duSTI's PA

Why 11.55? It all happened at 9:05.
I work just round the corner in the Strand, but I'm working from home today.
Old 07 July 2006, 12:41 PM
duSTI's PA
Scooby Regular

Location: i no longer use Scoobynet please do not PM this account

Originally Posted by carl
Why 11.55? It all happened at 9:05.
I work just round the corner in the Strand, but I'm working from home today.

yes i know it happend at 9.05 , but this was the press release and wht we went down at 11.55 for the noon silence.

071/06
17 May 2006
London Bombings - One Year On
Tessa Jowell Announces Plans To Mark First Anniversary Of Terrorist Attacks
A nationwide two-minute silence will be held at noon on 7 July 2006, followed by a commemorative event in Regent’s Park, in memory of those killed in last year’s London bombings, the Culture Secretary, Tessa Jowell,
Old 07 July 2006, 12:58 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps there should be a 2 minute silence followed by 2 minutes of screaming and shouting directed at the turds that planned it/did it and anybody else of the same mind.
Old 07 July 2006, 01:02 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Perhaps there should be a 2 minute silence followed by 2 minutes of screaming and shouting directed at the turds that planned it/did it and anybody else of the same mind.
Or those that put our people in a situation that has made such an act likely, and likely to happen again and again...

- New Labour led by Blair.

I find the sight of Blair and Jowell laying wreaths in tribute sickening in it's blatant hypocrisy.

Last edited by unclebuck; 07 July 2006 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07 July 2006, 01:20 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

i was disgusted that we had 3 phone calls to our office during the 2 minutes and even more disgusted that my colleagues answered them
Old 07 July 2006, 01:33 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

especially after watching that program last night, about 7 days that shook london...that bit about the the survivor (cant remember her name right now) , australian woman who lost her legs. and when she was recovering in hospital, within sight of HP, in the 4 months they received nothing in a way of visits, cards, calls etc. and yet the australian PM flew all the way from aus to visit her bedside.

just puts everything into life and its amazing that those two people are not bitter, just feel a sense of shame that is what our government is like.
Old 07 July 2006, 08:29 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

I appreciate what the two mins silence was for and what it meant to those both involved and not involved directly.
BUT, I can't help imagining the twisted minds close to those who perpetrated this heinous crime and who are intending other atrocities of a similar nature , sitting there watching the news coverage and thinking with some sort of perverted satisfaction......"we caused that, haven't we stirred them all up ".

Makes me sick to the stomache.

The day they are all rounded up and sent back to their own countries, is the day I'll happily stand for two Hours ,,,, not in silence tho', in foot stamping relief.
Yve
Old 07 July 2006, 08:34 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Having survived the IRA activity in North London and my Dad just missing being blown up in the docklands bombings this really reminded me how I felt back those years ago when we made the decsions to ignore the bombings and carry on as hard as it was.

Just makes you think why all of this is necessary.....

AllanB
Old 07 July 2006, 08:43 PM
redragon
Scooby Regular

we observed it at east mids airport not a bag moved for 2 mins
Old 07 July 2006, 10:58 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

we did the two minute silence to but it totally disgusts me that they think they should be martyers for killing innocent people for no reason **** who ever told them to do it all comes down to the point of if someone asked you to put your hand in a fire would you! i hope the ****ers rot in hell
Old 08 July 2006, 12:12 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

my sympathys to all those who suffered on that terrible day, but I've a question: are we to observe this every year from now on, or is it just a one off? Did we/do we still observe for the twin towers? We lost a lot of countrymen at that site, and what about other disasters that have befallen groups of people, clapham for instance, or is it just acts of terrorism that you observe silence for?
Just wondering.
Old 08 July 2006, 09:42 AM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

How come no silence for those killed in Iraq and Afghanistan..surely they too were just innocent people?