Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Property Ladder

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2006, 08:56 PM
SD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Property Ladder

Why why why don't they listen to her? The muppet couple who refuse to accept they're going to lose money on the flat, yet it's not like Beany Boobies hasn't done this all before. <smacks forehead>

Utter utter pillocks.

Simon.
Old 28 June 2006, 09:00 PM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

I think it's funny that only Top Gear and Property ladder are the only two programmes to gaurantee a weekly thread on here

Love watching the dipsticks tho, the chance of free consultancy and advice and they spend 10k on a home cinema!!!

Surely they must have watched the program before...?!?!?!?
Old 28 June 2006, 10:03 PM
Kuohu
Scooby Regular

Time and time again we see people who treat the project as a fun hobby or fulfilment of a dream rather than actually treating it like a business. Even at the end of it all, the couple in Islington would not concede that they were wrong and faced a loss as a result of it. Plus then deciding not to sell 'until the spring' (not sure how long that would have been) and having to service that 80k additional debt must have hurt.

That said, the other project with the two women went well. I felt that they were slightly out of their depth at first, but they listened to Sarah's advice (and followed it) and sure enough they reaped the rewards.
Old 28 June 2006, 10:04 PM
Moonloops
Scooby Regular

Tut, tut - you folks still think what you see on TV is 100% real ?

Old 29 June 2006, 12:41 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

The only real thing is that Sarah Beeney is ALWAYS pregnant when she's on tv.

I work around that area and WOULD NOT live in Arudell Square. The other side of it is split into horrible council flats that are full of people who enter your property by the window or steal your car. Awful.
Old 29 June 2006, 09:38 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Amazes me people who quite obviously dismiss Beaney's advice out of hand. It's almost always the female of the couple who disagree with her too, jealousy issue?
Old 29 June 2006, 09:56 AM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Amazes me people who quite obviously dismiss Beaney's advice out of hand. It's almost always the female of the couple who disagree with her too, jealousy issue?
Could it be that it's because she's an annoying, skunk-haired, ugly bint, who's only redeeming feature is a massive pair of ****
Old 29 June 2006, 09:56 AM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Was it the new series last night??? Is it repeated??
Old 29 June 2006, 11:19 AM
SD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daryl
Could it be that it's because she's an annoying, skunk-haired, ugly bint, who's only redeeming feature is a massive pair of ****
Yes, but a massive pair of **** that are very good at property development.
Old 29 June 2006, 11:29 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

They should change the name to muppet ladder.

When she told the dozy couple they were going to lose £60,000 the blokes face was a picture, but the girl says 'thats OK because we wanted to make something special' - in a flat above a bar with a 2am license

Also, have you noticed quite a lot of the people on there seem quite upper class - playing with mummy and daddys money perhaps ? Cant see how many mortgage companies would just give these people £300K + when they have no clue what they are doing.

And why do so many think sticking a cheap laminate floor in and painting everything magnolia is going to 'give them the wow factor' - NO, it makes your house look cheap and like something out of the Ikea catalogue !!!

It is top entertainment though - how many of us just want to see people **** it all up and lose money serves them right for being complete tools.
Old 29 June 2006, 12:25 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

If everyone followed her advice and lived happily aftereafter it would be boring telly would it not? Plus SN would have one less thing you whine on about ...
Old 29 June 2006, 12:30 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

That stupid woman deserves to be skint - "I will put what I want in this house and someone will pay me back or I'll live in it until someone does" (or words to that effect). She was still in the right when told she was going to make a £48K loss.

They fill the program with muppets anyway. A local woman to me applied to be on it and when the producers found out she'd done developing before and knew what she was doing they pulled the plug - she was probably after a bit of free advertising.