Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2006, 08:37 PM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dilemma

I gave some money to my brother about 2 years ago,so he could buy a car for work.He made a promise to pay it back within a year,and so far he has paid nothing.I know how much he earns and he is capable of paying me instalments on a monthly basis,but he now keeps saying 'yeah yeah' i'll pay it back,and is generally being a tw@t about it.I'm now £5000 in debt,and he doesn't really give a to55.As we live under the same roof,it makes it even more frustrating
I confronted him about it a few days ago and he said 'sue me' in a nasty evil way...Their was no written contract or anything signed,so what would you guys do if you were me?
Old 27 June 2006, 08:40 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

I would ask him again for the money but tell him how much debt your in and that your not being a **** about it but can you have the money back as you need it more than him, if not you could always take it to court as a civil matter but it would totally ruin the relationship between you both.

Good luck
Old 27 June 2006, 08:45 PM
StudentScooby
Scooby Regular

How much does he owe.
Old 27 June 2006, 08:46 PM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

The brotherley relationship is non-existent now,and he doesn't really give a crap about my situation-i've helped him so much in his life and it's not appreciated,even my parents aren't getting involved,they're telling me to forget about it,but £5k is not pocket money..i'm thinking about moving out.
Old 27 June 2006, 08:47 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

get the car keys off the ungrateful, thieving little ****
Old 27 June 2006, 08:49 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

forget about 5K ???? well if its that insignificant an amount to them I'm sure they will give it you. Take their car keys whilst you're at it
Old 27 June 2006, 09:02 PM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

I would take the keys but he's a type of guy that would go out and make my life a living hell if i was to do something like that!even though he knows the car isn't technically his.I need ideas on how i can shaft him back,because as i type this,he's just come in through the door with loads of modding stuff for the supra twin turbo!like a new kenwood in car dvd player! i'm so angry..

Trending Topics

Old 27 June 2006, 09:06 PM
ScuuBdoo
Scooby Regular

seems to me like he has left you no choice but to give him a solicitors letter. That might shake him up abit.
Old 27 June 2006, 09:07 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Not much you can do really.

That's a lot of money to be lending to somebody. Makes it even worse that they're a family member.

Sorry
Old 27 June 2006, 09:16 PM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

I suppose that could work but,i know what he's like he simply wouldn't care,and would find a way out of it,and also get the sympathy vote from my parents who are really soft on him,and get them to stop me from getting legal action...My mate is saying put some sugar in his tank,to teach him a lesson but the way he his going with his arsey comments i could be tempted....
Old 27 June 2006, 09:19 PM
mpr
Scooby Regular

ask to borrow 5k off the ****** and then "forget" to pay him back!
Old 27 June 2006, 09:27 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

legal action appears to be the only way mate. By the sounds of it your brother is a bit of a **** anyway so I wouldn't be too bothered about souring your relationship.

Could always file for bankruptcy and declare your loan which is effectively an asset. It would soon be recovered.......................Obviously only joking with such an extreme suggestion and really hope you get sorted.

Is sleeping with his mrs out of the question or is he gay as well as tight?
Old 27 June 2006, 09:36 PM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

£5k isn't gonna bankrupt me,but it pees me off when you go out of your way to help someone and they treat you like this!
Old 27 June 2006, 09:36 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

I was in the same situation some years ago. In the end i got totally pi$$ed off with him,grabbed him round the neck and landed one on him. He rang the police who did nothing but he went to hospital with a broken nose. I never got the money back but at least i left the message i'm no pushover.
Its all in the past now. Unless its over £500 sending a solicitors letter to your brother,its a bit girly.
Old 27 June 2006, 09:37 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RLE

Is sleeping with his mrs out of the question or is he gay as well as tight?
FPMSL
Old 27 June 2006, 09:43 PM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

£5k isn't gonna bankrupt me!but it pees me off when you go out of your way to help someone and they treat you like this..btw the supra tt i got him is his beloved posession,when things have gone wrong with it he gets down,the car is everything to him,i hope the engine goes **** up one day,i'm praying!
Old 27 June 2006, 09:58 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by middxsti
£5k isn't gonna bankrupt me!but it pees me off when you go out of your way to help someone and they treat you like this..btw the supra tt i got him is his beloved posession,when things have gone wrong with it he gets down,the car is everything to him,i hope the engine goes **** up one day,i'm praying!
so help it on its way
Old 27 June 2006, 10:06 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by brumdaisy
so help it on its way
Exactly, if hes not going to give you the money make sure hes giving a garage the money a few stones in the oil would go down nicely take off an air filter and pop a stone down the turbine, that should make him get his wallet out Doesnt benefit you but makes you feel better and teaches him a lesson
Old 27 June 2006, 10:12 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

exactly its karma baby
Old 27 June 2006, 11:35 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

fill a milk bottle with nitro mors or brake fluid and put it on top of his car upside down on top of a peice of thin plastic like the bottom of an ice cream tub
when he takes it offhe makes a nice mess.

Nothing to prove it was you unless he reads scoobynet.
Family eh? who'd have em?

Dan.
Old 28 June 2006, 12:27 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Easy....

Sell the car
Move out
Wash hands.

Serve the ungrateful **** right.

Andy
Old 28 June 2006, 12:36 AM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

Family=usless ****e,thanks guys i may give him a taste of his own medicine,thats the only way of teaching the runt a lesson.I've just found out he spent £1200 on this kenwood in-car dvd/screen,which he bought today....whats the best way of screwing up a supra tt engine?
Old 28 June 2006, 12:42 AM
Stiff
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't damage the car. Less chance of getting any money out of him as he'll pour it back into it.
Do you have access to the log book? If so, send it off in your name (to a decent friends address) When it comes back, get the keys (when he's on the razz?) hide the car and confront him. He has 2 options:
1. He pays the money back, he gets the car back. (you win)
2. He doesn't pay the money back, you sell the car. Legally. (You win)
Just a thought.
Old 28 June 2006, 12:46 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

as above..

There should be no malice or spitefulness in whatever you do. Just the fact he owes you money and if he wont directly give it back then you should be taking it back in a legal way.

Andy
Old 28 June 2006, 12:58 AM
Stiff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by middxsti
the sympathy vote from my parents who are really soft on him.
So they are happy to see their 'other son' ripped off? Nice.
I think I'd have something to say about that.
Old 28 June 2006, 12:59 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Tell him that if he doesn't give you the money you will 'borrow' his car when he arrives home blootered from the pub some evening and use it to speed test a few gatsos. Tell him that you would be happy for him to lose his licence, his job and his livelyhood as he has basically stolen 5k from you. If he doesn't pay up, wait until the first time he comes home blootered and go out and collect him three points. Being fast asleep while sh1tfaced isn't an alibi. Promise him 3 more points for every week that passes (depends how often you can swipe his keys while he is fast asleep, but I don't reckon he will keep pissing about if you get him 9 points
Old 28 June 2006, 01:11 AM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stiff
I wouldn't damage the car. Less chance of getting any money out of him as he'll pour it back into it.
Do you have access to the log book? If so, send it off in your name (to a decent friends address) When it comes back, get the keys (when he's on the razz?) hide the car and confront him. He has 2 options:
Just a thought.
That's a good one
Old 28 June 2006, 01:21 AM
mushkinee
Scooby Regular

What goes around comes around and in my exp this is true. He will see the errors of his ways and come to you for help one day and just tell him to **** off!!! he thinks he has the upperhand now but trying to do your own bro over has dire consequences. Karma is the key.
Old 28 June 2006, 02:34 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stiff
Just a thought.
Logbook(v5) only proves who is the registered keeper of the car, not who owns it. He will be able to prove he owns it as he will have the bill of sale/receipt. Then he can do you for theft. Sorry doesn't help you but may stop you getting in trouble over it.
If you cannot prove you lent him the money then you're stuffed. Were there no witnesses, did he not sign an IOU.
Old 28 June 2006, 07:43 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Personally I'd take the car when he was asleep and stash it somewhere, lockup or friends garage. Hold the car to ransom - what he is doing is pathetic.

I am honestly surprised that you havent lumped him one yet. I think if your parents came home to find your brother with a bloody nose and a couple of black eyes that they would realise you are not happy about the situation and you want your 5k back.

As mentioned earlier, if your parents think 5k is trivial, get them to pay you back.

Quick Reply: Dilemma