Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone got a radar diffuser fitted?

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2006, 09:07 PM
stevenuk300 still
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a radar diffuser fitted?

PM me if its more convenient, but just after some advice of where sensors and control pad has been fitted. Pics would be good too.
Thanks

Old 26 June 2006, 11:05 PM
Dave uk blue mica
Scooby Regular

yes i've got one, what do you need to know?
Old 27 June 2006, 10:50 AM
stevenuk300 still
Scooby Regular

Just interested where you mounted the sensors and the control pad that goes inside. Does the sensors need to go on the number plate, or is in the grill ok?
Old 27 June 2006, 11:06 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

No, absolutely not officer
Old 27 June 2006, 11:31 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

<pslewis>I've got one, it's mounted pretty much in front of my steering wheel - the sensor points to a number, 30, 40, 70, which shows how close I am to losing my licence </pslewis>
Old 27 June 2006, 09:06 PM
stevenuk300 still
Scooby Regular

Thanks
What make diffuser do you have?
Old 27 June 2006, 11:36 PM
Dave uk blue mica
Scooby Regular

it can be mounted anywhere on the front, the grille is fine and thats where i had mine on my impreza, the most important thing is make sure it mounted so the sensor is level, mine came with a little spirit level to help with this, this is the most important bit of fitting them so make sure you take your time and do it right otherwise it won't work properly.

Trending Topics

Old 28 June 2006, 07:08 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

I had one on STi, removed a small amount of grill and it was extremely difficult to spot. Coupled up to my Road Angel for power and the switch pad was stuck to the A post. Worked a treat. Still sitting in the box waiting to be used again. But not sure whether to fit it or not. I know the Bill take a dim view if they find it......
Old 28 June 2006, 12:52 PM
stevenuk300 still
Scooby Regular

I've just done the same thing and cut a section out of the grill for the sensors. It's the location of the control pad that is a problem now. It isn't flat on the back of the control pad so is difficult to stick somewhere.
It's not illegal to have these fitted, only to use them, and the police have to prove you have used it. Just so happens these gadgets work the same as automatic garage door openers
Old 28 June 2006, 12:57 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Own a garage on the fast lane of the M4 do we son?
Old 29 June 2006, 11:40 AM
stevenuk300 still
Scooby Regular

Of course I do officer
Old 14 February 2008, 12:29 PM
alyonsal
Scooby Newbie

Default radar diffuser

Originally Posted by Dave uk blue mica
yes i've got one, what do you need to know?
hi mate, seen your message here - i have a laser diffuser (snooper) front and rear, but looking at covering myself for normal speed cameras (radar) - please advise what you have and more details so I can find one to buy.

do you mount front and rear - rear I would assume with the fixed cameras?

cheers for your help
Old 14 February 2008, 12:29 PM
alyonsal
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by stevenuk300 still
I've just done the same thing and cut a section out of the grill for the sensors. It's the location of the control pad that is a problem now. It isn't flat on the back of the control pad so is difficult to stick somewhere.
It's not illegal to have these fitted, only to use them, and the police have to prove you have used it. Just so happens these gadgets work the same as automatic garage door openers
hi mate, seen your message here - i have a laser diffuser (snooper) front and rear, but looking at covering myself for normal speed cameras (radar) - please advise what you have and more details so I can find one to buy.

do you mount front and rear - rear I would assume with the fixed cameras?

cheers for your help
Old 14 February 2008, 12:34 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

You are for the high jump if you are caught out with them-especially the radar jammer since you can't find an excuse for fitting it.

Much easier to drive at the speed limits really-lot cheaper too!

Les
Old 14 February 2008, 01:34 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

agree with Leslie on this one.....

noddy give us enough grief for emissions, noise, tints, without them nosing around the grille area as well
Old 14 February 2008, 03:19 PM
L33_WRX
Scooby Regular

I had one on my old car but took it off...

A businessman who had a speed gun "zapper" fitted to his Range Rover and then denied knowledge of it to police was fined £5,000 yesterday and banned from driving for a year.
John Eady, 61, who had been close to losing his licence for repeated speeding offences, was found guilty of perverting the course of justice. He denied knowing that the £350 transponder had been attached to the luxury 4x4, but a jury at Doncaster crown court decided that he was not telling the truth.

The judge, Jacqueline Davies, said: "I am also satisfied that you took deliberate action in acquiring this equipment with a view to avoiding further points."
A four-day trial heard that the transponder had appeared to deflect a handheld police "laser gun" during a routine speed check in June last year. Eady, from Sheffield, who runs a laboratory equipment firm and drove some 140,000 miles a year, was targeted when he seemed to be ignoring a 40mph zone. A traffic officer aimed the speed gun, but it failed to register and showed an error message. Eady was traced to his home and police found the device, which may be legally used to open garages or gates.

The court heard that his garage was used for storage and had no automatic system to connect with the zapper.

Eady claimed the device must have been fitted by mistake when other changes were made to the Range Rover.

After the sentence and an order to pay £1,000 legal costs, he continued to deny wrongdoing. "I didn't know the thing was fitted," he said. "The guy who did the thing stood up in court and said he couldn't remember me asking him to fit it. "This whole thing has been a witch-hunt. It's as though it was a murder trial just for having a little thing on the car.

"I am going to have to employ somebody to drive me for work, which is going to be very expensive as I work very long hours. It's crazy. I don't mind paying my dues, although I still don't admit I knew the thing was on."

The judge told Eady she had taken into account his previous good character.

South Yorkshire chief constable, Meredydd Hughes, believed Eady was the first person to be convicted for using such a device. "The judge has sent a clear signal that these devices are wholly unlawful; their use will be regarded as a serious matter," he said. "Roads policing officers throughout the country have been briefed on how to detect the devices in action and the appropriate steps to be taken to ensure the successful prosecution of the dangerous law-breakers who use them."
Old 14 February 2008, 03:26 PM
L33_WRX
Scooby Regular

I had the blinder units - the best way to check there working correctly is to get a video camera and point it at the unit(s) - you'll see the signals they give off on video