Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Traffic lights and blooming women !!

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2006, 01:59 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Traffic lights and blooming women !!

Come out the pub after celebrating our mediocre win (not drinking dont worry, had the kids),down hill following a women in a vauxhall. She is belting it down the steep hill, anyway round corner to junction. Normal junction, nothing special, no filter lanes.
Traffic lights facing us are on green (the lights do have a left filter lane light on them but not lit green)
We are both signalling to turn left, other cars are turning right when suddenly she slams the brakes on and comes to a dead stop.!!!

I fully admit I assumed she was going to turn left and carry on and so should have been more observant, but why stop???
End result, me sliding to a stop...whoops hit bumpers
No major damage, just a few scrapes and scratches to both our cars.
I ask her why she suddenly stopped, she said
" cos the left filter light wasnt on !!! "
" I know that, but the lights were green, so you can go "
"no, i am local and i know that you cant go unless the filter light is on"
" what????? are you a mad loony bint????? "
(last bit was made up but thats what i felt like saying)

So I know I am in the wrong given the fact that i hit her, but FFS women, green is green in whatever country you are and however fecking local you are .
Insurance details swapped ...
no doubt this will add some money to my premiums and i have to sort my bumper out..grrrrrrrr )

feel better after that rant...thx
Old 26 June 2006, 02:10 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Done similar, following a woman going down a hill, she signals to turn right in a couple of hundred yards, I notice the road is completely clear, so I slow down, took my eye off the road and before I know it she stops and I end up bumping into the back off her I calculated she could have gone, OK my fault I should have carried on paying attention but why did she just stop when the road was completely clear. I have now learnt my lesson and always watch out of women drivers
Old 26 June 2006, 02:30 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SwissTony
Come out the pub after celebrating our mediocre win (not drinking dont worry, had the kids),down hill following a women in a vauxhall. She is belting it down the steep hill, anyway round corner to junction. Normal junction, nothing special, no filter lanes.
Traffic lights facing us are on green (the lights do have a left filter lane light on them but not lit green)
We are both signalling to turn left, other cars are turning right when suddenly she slams the brakes on and comes to a dead stop.!!!

I fully admit I assumed she was going to turn left and carry on and so should have been more observant, but why stop???
End result, me sliding to a stop...whoops hit bumpers
No major damage, just a few scrapes and scratches to both our cars.
I ask her why she suddenly stopped, she said
" cos the left filter light wasnt on !!! "
" I know that, but the lights were green, so you can go "
"no, i am local and i know that you cant go unless the filter light is on"
" what????? are you a mad loony bint????? "
(last bit was made up but thats what i felt like saying)

So I know I am in the wrong given the fact that i hit her, but FFS women, green is green in whatever country you are and however fecking local you are .
Insurance details swapped ...
no doubt this will add some money to my premiums and i have to sort my bumper out..grrrrrrrr )

feel better after that rant...thx
Sorry to hear about that, your insurance company must love you Do you know where you stand legally for her not turning and just stopping? Doesn't that make it a 50/50 claim?
Old 26 June 2006, 02:31 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Love SN.

Where's the parallel post on pink.net "Why are men such crap drivers and don't know how to leave space from the car in front?"
Old 26 June 2006, 02:33 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

No no no Swiss, not whatever country you're in, if the light's on green in the fatherland and you hang a right without looking you're likely to kill some pedestrians
Old 26 June 2006, 02:34 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulpalmer
Sorry to hear about that, your insurance company must love you Do you know where you stand legally for her not turning and just stopping? Doesn't that make it a 50/50 claim?
dunno yet?? havent contacted them yet...so pissed off and loads of work to do today so havent had the chance..
it might be a 50/50 knock for knock case, but usually it is always the one behind that is at fault...

and brendan..had a look at pink.net, but for some reason the silly cow hasnt posted there yet...
will have a look at http://www.whatgreentrafficlightsmean.co.uk and see if she joined the forum
Old 26 June 2006, 02:35 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Karl 227
No no no Swiss, not whatever country you're in, if the light's on green in the fatherland and you hang a right without looking you're likely to kill some pedestrians
And the authorities take a very dim view of this past time

Trending Topics

Old 26 June 2006, 02:37 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Karl 227
well that is germany for you
here it tends to mean go....unless you have suddenly spotted a great pair of shoes on sale in a shop window and want to have a closer look..
Old 26 June 2006, 02:52 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

dunno yet?? havent contacted them yet...so pissed off and loads of work to do today so havent had the chance..
it might be a 50/50 knock for knock case, but usually it is always the one behind that is at fault...

and brendan..had a look at pink.net, but for some reason the silly cow hasnt posted there yet...
will have a look at http://www.whatgreentrafficlightsmean.co.uk and see if she joined the forum
Don't forget to take it to Car clinic in Wooburn Green for the repairs If it's just a scraped bumper that needs a respray I'm sure I could do you a good deal
Old 26 June 2006, 03:22 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Don't forget to take it to Car clinic in Wooburn Green for the repairs If it's just a scraped bumper that needs a respray I'm sure I could do you a good deal
you ******* !!!!

that is not even funny..
Old 26 June 2006, 03:35 PM
simo
Scooby Regular

& you a mod as well. Tut Tut
Old 26 June 2006, 06:07 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Hmmm - rants from men who are trying to blame women for accidents that occured when they (the men) weren't paying proper attention to the road and it's conditions and were clearly driving too close to the car in front to stop safely.....

I love SN!

Male or female I always drive as if the person in front of me is a complete imbecile - and I'm rarely disaapointed!
Old 26 June 2006, 06:09 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Drunken Bungle *****
Hmmm - rants from men who are trying to blame women for accidents that occured when they (the men) weren't paying proper attention to the road and it's conditions and were clearly driving too close to the car in front to stop safely.....

I love SN!

Male or female I always drive as if the person in front of me is a complete imbecile - and I'm rarely disaapointed!
I agree with that - watch out for the idiot behind you too
Old 26 June 2006, 06:09 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Then what the hell were you doing stopping at those lights then???
YOU IMBECILE

Old 26 June 2006, 06:10 PM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

Then what the hell were you doing stopping at those lights then???
YOU IMBECILE

What are traffic lights
Old 26 June 2006, 06:12 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Maybe she stopped because the colour clashed with her car/ handbag/ shoes?

Seriously though - speak to your insurance people. If she definitely stopped at a green light then there may, possibly, be some leeway. I have friends in the know so I'll check it out tomorrow and report back!

Though I've no idea why I'd bother - not much point in you taking advice from an imbecile now is there....?
Old 26 June 2006, 06:23 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Maybe she stopped because the colour clashed with her car/ handbag/ shoes?

Seriously though - speak to your insurance people. If she definitely stopped at a green light then there may, possibly, be some leeway. I have friends in the know so I'll check it out tomorrow and report back!

Though I've no idea why I'd bother - not much point in you taking advice from an imbecile now is there....?

thx, I am not holding my breath.......
always take your advice
Old 26 June 2006, 06:25 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Have been back to the said junction, spoke to the highways department and they made some changes to the traffic light sequence so as to avoid any confusion in the future.....

Old 26 June 2006, 08:04 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

That's what I said to Chris earlier, I'm sure it isn't an open and shut case like it used to be.
Old 26 June 2006, 08:48 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Women should be banned, no women no accidents [Flame suit on and in to the freezer i go, just to keep cool]
Old 26 June 2006, 09:59 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Swen6
Women should be banned, no women no accidents [Flame suit on and in to the freezer i go, just to keep cool]

ya gonna get a big slap for that sir
Old 26 June 2006, 10:34 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

I'm sure there is something somewhere which proves that men are involved, and are the cause of more accidents than females... but we won't go there

The 3 accidents I have been involved in have all been the fault of men (this isn't just my opinion, they were found to be at fault by the insurance companies)- driving too fast like wannabe F1 drivers, too busy wanting to get home to lie on the sofa, scratch their ***** and sleep the day away...
Old 26 June 2006, 10:50 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by little-ginge
I'm sure there is something somewhere which proves that men are involved, and are the cause of more accidents than females... but we won't go there

The 3 accidents I have been involved in have all been the fault of men (this isn't just my opinion, they were found to be at fault by the insurance companies)- driving too fast like wannabe F1 drivers, too busy wanting to get home to lie on the sofa, scratch their ***** and sleep the day away...
right that's it, i shaving my legs and going to "sheila's wheels "

and the 3 accidents you have had, have nothing to do with the fact that you are a short **** and cant see over the steering wheel
Old 26 June 2006, 10:57 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

I always have a bloke right on the bum end of my car, it's a wonder I have not had an accident yet. Sorry lads, but a true fact.
ooops, am I tempting fate
Old 26 June 2006, 10:58 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
I always have a bloke right on the bum end of my car, it's a wonder I have not had an accident yet. Sorry lads, but a true fact.
ooops, am I tempting fate

suggest you reword that first sentence
Old 26 June 2006, 11:00 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Yeah - but if you hadn't been on our roads you would not have got in those 3 blokes way and there would have been 3 less accidents.

Proof if it were ever needed that removing women from the roads would improve safety
Old 26 June 2006, 11:00 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Swiss
Old 26 June 2006, 11:03 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

right that's it, i shaving my legs and going to "sheila's wheels "

and the 3 accidents you have had, have nothing to do with the fact that you are a short **** and cant see over the steering wheel

2 were numpty blokes who reversed into me, and one was recently when a flid ran a red light and damaged the scoob - and me

ps. I'm not little'un, you know..

I'll pay you to shave your legs.. but we need photographic evidence
Old 26 June 2006, 11:05 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
Swiss
It's alright, Lesley... you having a man on your bum is nothing.. Swiss Tony rear ended a woman in public.. Disgusting behaviour
Old 26 June 2006, 11:06 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

It's alright, Lesley... you having a man on your bum is nothing.. Swiss Tony rear ended a woman in public.. Disgusting behaviour
Too close for comfort

Quick Reply: Traffic lights and blooming women !!