Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why does football attract so many........

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2006, 09:55 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does football attract so many........

Why does football attract so many total and utter ar$e holes. Over 350 are now being held after fighting again in Germany. What's the matter with these idiots.

No doubt as usual it won't be their fault either. It never is is it?

All these achieve is spoiling the fun for the real football fans among them.

Chip
Old 25 June 2006, 09:58 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Chip
Why does football attract so many total and utter ar$e holes. Over 350 are now being held after fighting again in Germany. What's the matter with these idiots.

No doubt as usual it won't be their fault either. It never is is it?

All these achieve is spoiling the fun for the real football fans among them.

Chip
Agreed, should be feckin sent to Baghdad on the next plane..........
Old 25 June 2006, 10:22 AM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

I agree to some extent however if you put circa 50,000 drunk people in any area at one time there would be a degree of 'unrest'. Just look at town centres on a night, rival 'gangs' always fight.

Having spent 2 weeks at the football I saw a lot of good behaviour, however as the days wore on (i.e. more drink consumed) this slipped. Shame as there was a really good atmosphere most of the time. I won't trot out the cliche that it is the minority that spoil it

I would also add, the problem is not confined to England supporters only. The Sweeds are boisterous, the Germans are very similar to us and the Poles are downright idiots. All IMO of course.
Old 25 June 2006, 10:32 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It's not just an English problem. The Swiss were rioting in Zurich after they won against South Korea!

(German language article)
http://www.tages-anzeiger.ch/dyn/new...ch/638703.html
Old 25 June 2006, 10:32 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CupraT
I agree to some extent however if you put circa 50,000 drunk people in any area at one time there would be a degree of 'unrest'. Just look at town centres on a night, rival 'gangs' always fight.

Having spent 2 weeks at the football I saw a lot of good behaviour, however as the days wore on (i.e. more drink consumed) this slipped. Shame as there was a really good atmosphere most of the time. I won't trot out the cliche that it is the minority that spoil it

I would also add, the problem is not confined to England supporters only. The Sweeds are boisterous, the Germans are very similar to us and the Poles are downright idiots. All IMO of course.
Not strictly true. When we have the rugby in Cardiff we get 100000+ people with no trouble.

When the football is here there is always trouble even with smaller crowds.

Chip
Old 25 June 2006, 10:33 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not strictly true. When we have the rugby in Cardiff we get 100000+ people with no trouble.

When the football is here there is always trouble even with smaller crowds.

Chip
Agree - with Rugby the violence is at least confined to the pitch!
Old 25 June 2006, 10:35 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

sport for the morons

always has been, always will be, i am sure i have seen cricket matches where people drink cans while watching ???

i could have sworn i have seen the tv crews zoom in on them........
Old 25 June 2006, 10:40 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

I'll leave it to the cavalier driving, flag touting chav brigade.
Hopefully they'll end up killing each other and peace will fall upon the land.

Fat chance

Andy
Old 25 June 2006, 10:43 AM
scoobydooooo
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what you don't realise is theses idiots have nothing to do with football , they just want to fight , it just happens that the tribal nature of football attracts these morons !! i suppose you didn't read about the 300 arrests when germany played poland and they kicked off with each other , it's not just a british problem either , it's just highlighted when it's english fans !
Old 25 June 2006, 11:05 AM
richie001
Scooby Regular

its a working mans sport so unfortunately it does get some ***** who ruin it for everyone else.
Old 25 June 2006, 11:14 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
sport for the morons
Yup I'd agree, certainly not all the fans are morons but a large proportion seem to be.

I was out with 2 aussies last night who ware over for a mates wedding, they were really surprised at the level of drunkenness and violence on our streets of a saturday night. And then in one bar on the TV we saw loads of england supporters in Germany being arrested/subdued by riot police - I almost felt ashamed to be english.
Old 25 June 2006, 11:46 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Rugby is a game for gentlemen Chip, working class or otherwise!

Les
Old 25 June 2006, 11:50 AM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

working class idiots fight...they have neither the education to realise the negativity of their actions nor a life style that they wish to protect.

if the average football fan in a german nick is not back home on monday who cares? his wife is prob banging someone else while he's away anyway, his kids all share dads and the other blokes on the dustbin lorry can cover for him while he's away.

i LOVE football, of with the family to TGI fridays later....just as it will be nice and quiet and retard free
Old 25 June 2006, 11:56 AM
sociopath
BANNED

Originally Posted by richie001
its a working mans sport
I think the word you are looking for is scum.
Old 25 June 2006, 12:11 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Leslie
Rugby is a game for gentlemen Chip, working class or otherwise!

Les
Thats why at the end of the World Cup Final when england won all them gentlemen were pissing into thier cups and overflowing to the lower tiers.... Or is that forgotten, Hardly saw any trouble when I was in Germany, the first lot of fans were arrested because they wouldnt move on so the police moved them on for them. Yesterday was because of bad policing and the Germans kicking off. Few English retalliated, when the police came in and seperated the fans they stood and faced the English. It seems we're victimised all the time even when we're on good behaviour.
Old 25 June 2006, 12:52 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

It's because of our tolerant and inept legal system and policing that allowed these poeple to develop like this. Maybe the Germans could help us decent citizens and re-comission Auschwitz to send them all to?

In bad taste I know, but I feel no form of re-eductaion or legal system is capable of controlling or reforming these "come on then, you wanna fight" monkey brained idiots pracing round thinking they are 'ard.

What does Rentokill do with vermin? Perhaps they should extend their services to human vermin too?
Old 25 June 2006, 12:55 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its difficult to live down a deserved bad reputation Davegtt. The England fans were doing really well to begin with, pity this trouble erupted.

Les
Old 25 June 2006, 01:24 PM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

Not directed at Chip as his comment was football fans in general but the English supporters are no worse than most other nations now (better than some).
There are also considerably more English fans in Germany than other travelling countries so no wonder pro rata there are more arrests. I still maintain that but for a few idiots the drink is the majour cause of the problems (as witnessed here on a Saturday night when normal people turn).

With regards rugby not having the same issues. There are not as many supporters nor the same passions involved. That said I have need to Cardiff (for Rugby League) and witnessed trouble in the pubs exactly the same as for football.
Old 25 June 2006, 01:26 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Yesterday was because of bad policing and the Germans kicking off. Few English retalliated, when the police came in and seperated the fans they stood and faced the English. It seems we're victimised all the time even when we're on good behaviour.
Sorry m8 - but don't believe that for a second. People have short memories eg Dublin, France etc. While I agree that other supporters are at it also you have to ask why do the England fans have the worst reputation. Again it is spoilt for the well behaved fans by these morons.
And 3500 were not even allowed to travel due to previous trouble
Old 25 June 2006, 03:37 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I agree to some extent however if you put circa 50,000 drunk people in any area at one time there would be a degree of 'unrest'. are downright idiots. All IMO of course.
60000 people from the UK go to Le Mans every year from the UK most of whom get very drunk. Never any trouble out there though, just people enjoying themselves.

Must be just the mentality of football fans!

Chip
Old 25 June 2006, 03:50 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
sport for the morons

always has been, always will be, i am sure i have seen cricket matches where people drink cans while watching ???

i could have sworn i have seen the tv crews zoom in on them........

The last time Pakistan toured England it all kicked off, British Pakistanis causing all the trouble throwing beer cans onto the pitch and at opposing supporters

But you're right in the main its all very laid back at the cricket I'm certainly looking forward to the two 20/20 matches I have tickets for, there will certainly be no trouble there as the game is too fast for anyone to take their eye off it...

Irrespective of the tiny minority, and it was a minority the local police arrested everyone and released all but 3, I think the British/English/Welsh/Scots/NI support their respective National teams, be it Footy Cricket Rugby etc, better than any other nation, we are a very proud supporting lot when it comes to our sport and we should be applauded for that but sadly a couple of morons spoil it fot everyone, even up until yesterday the German press were saying we were the best behaved and most fun supporters there.

2-3 / 3-0 ENGLAND
Old 25 June 2006, 04:08 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I see the Germans have released all 380 odd of the idiots that were arrested. God help Germany if England lose tonight.

Chip
Old 25 June 2006, 04:51 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chip
I agree to some extent however if you put circa 50,000 drunk people in any area at one time there would be a degree of 'unrest'. are downright idiots. All IMO of course.
60000 people from the UK go to Le Mans every year from the UK most of whom get very drunk. Never any trouble out there though, just people enjoying themselves.

Must be just the mentality of football fans!

Chip
Was about to post the identical thing.
Old 25 June 2006, 05:49 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

I see the Germans have released all 380 odd of the idiots that were arrested. God help Germany if England lose tonight.

Chip
God help Germany... regardless if we win or lose.....

Let's face it 90% of English football fans are ******* scum on day release fron their scummy council estates and the other 10% are **** head's with an excuse to drink all day.............

******* wnakers, all of them....................
Old 25 June 2006, 05:56 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

That's a bit more like. Stimulate some debate.

Old 25 June 2006, 05:57 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
God help Germany... regardless if we win or lose.....

Let's face it 90% of English football fans are ******* scum on day release fron their scummy council estates and the other 10% are **** head's with an excuse to drink all day.............

******* wnakers, all of them....................
Old 25 June 2006, 06:00 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii
The last time Pakistan toured England it all kicked off, British Pakistanis causing all the trouble throwing beer cans onto the pitch
Surely not. Everyone knows that all British Pakistanis are devout Muslims who find alcohol so offensive that they wouldn't defile themsleves by touching a container holding alcohol.
Old 25 June 2006, 06:02 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dpb
Yep, you're a ****.....
Old 25 June 2006, 06:03 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by douglasb
Surely not. Everyone knows that all British Pakistanis are devout Muslims who find alcohol so offensive that they wouldn't defile themsleves by touching a container holding alcohol.
Nope, there's such a thing as English born 'Paki-cricket-scum' as well........
Old 25 June 2006, 06:11 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Alas
Sorry m8 - but don't believe that for a second. People have short memories eg Dublin, France etc. While I agree that other supporters are at it also you have to ask why do the England fans have the worst reputation. Again it is spoilt for the well behaved fans by these morons.
And 3500 were not even allowed to travel due to previous trouble

English have the worse reputation IN ENGLAND because thats how our press portray us, you havent seen the back pages for the last 2 weeks saying shock horror England fans havent cause trouble because it doesnt sell papers. 2 weeks ago I was in Germany watching the football and I personally put an Italian in the back of an ambulance, he was hit by a Mexican. Italian fans kicked off that night (my memory started to get hazy by then as the beer kept flowing) but didnt see that put on ITV or BBC did you? Suprised anyone saw the Polish kick off to be honest.....

Quick Reply: Why does football attract so many........