Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay how long to wait before reporting someone?

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2006, 01:27 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ebay how long to wait before reporting someone?

Bought an item off ebay on Sunday and paid for it instantly, since then have not heard from this bloke since despite emailing him twice now. Guy has nearly 600+ feedback so did not worry too much but am starting to get a bit pissed now especially as he says on his ad that he strives for next day delivery
Have paid through paypal so is it time to get in touch with them yet? or is it worth giving it till sunday. Bearing in mind its a £200+ item this seems like **** poor service to me
Old 23 June 2006, 01:35 PM
movi-star
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you have to wait at least 7 days to file a complaint with Paypal. Check to see if the sellers has any negative FB. If he's 100% positive FB I would'nt worry too much, some people wont send an item until the money is in their bank account which takes 7 days to t/f from Paypal.
Old 23 June 2006, 02:50 PM
MY00PPP
Scooby Regular

would contact the seller first before filing a complaint to ebay/paypal. might have gone on hols for example, comes back to an email from paypal asking where the goods are...
Old 23 June 2006, 02:54 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Will give him to sunday, have noticed in the past couple months he has had several neutral comments on the speed of service and a couple negs.
Pissed off because I just sold my run around and need the clutch asap as mine is proper fooked.
Old 23 June 2006, 03:09 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

1 month on and Im still waiting for my item, if it doesnt arrive tomorrow morning Im reporting him, well, I'll give him 1 quick chance to offer me a full refund. kn0b ed, wouldnt mind though but hes a powerseller too and he sounds like hes fobbing me off everytime I ask him something although hes very quick to reply to me.
Old 23 June 2006, 03:24 PM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I report someone to Ebay after 7 days which is plenty of time. All I do is write to the person telling that you are filing a complaint becuase of problems you have had with previous ebay sellers and that he should not take it personally.

This usually give them a kick up the **** to get things moving, plus dont you have to wait for a certinan amount of days after starting the complaint before you can choose the option of ending it becuase of no reply?
Old 23 June 2006, 04:06 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Paypal are actually pretty good at resolving issues, and refunding money. Mind you the amount they charge in fees when you make a payment through them, they should offer a decent service!

I generally give things a week, and when I email the sellers I always keep the emails nice.

Problem is when you dont pay through paypal you pretty much have no come-back. Ebay dont care, and if you leave the bad seller a negative, they will just leave you one!!
Old 23 June 2006, 04:24 PM
alext32
Scooby Newbie

If you're worried then get the guys phone number (advanced search on Ebay) and speak to him first. Always better to try everything you can to resolve before escalation! 99% of my Ebay 'queries' seemed to come with a reasonable explanation of some kind.

Hope you get it sorted.
Old 23 June 2006, 07:42 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Just recieved an enquiry from the royal mail today. someone who sent me an item that went missing, is trying to claim compo from them.

Ebay decided in my favour and refunded my money.

bl**dy lucky i keep old emails, the item was sent in december last year!!! and i told the seller to claim of the RM in the first week of January!!

Mart
Old 23 June 2006, 07:50 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

This item is an uprated clutch, tried the mob no they gave me and it was switched off will try again tommorrow as I have had a couple of beers and might say something I regret. Had to sell my runaround so now am left with a car with a slipping clutch that is barely driveable. will borrow my old mans car to look for a new run around tommorrow, but this has **** poor have only had good things to say about ebay until now
Old 24 June 2006, 11:54 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Tried ringing no answer, have sent an e mail asking him to get in touch or I will assume he is not interested in my buisness and can he return my money If I leave negative feedback what is the betting he will do the same.
Old 24 June 2006, 11:59 AM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Tried ringing no answer, have sent an e mail asking him to get in touch or I will assume he is not interested in my buisness and can he return my money If I leave negative feedback what is the betting he will do the same.
If you leave neg for a good reason and he leaves it out of spite you can ask ebay to remove the neg feedback he left you. Helps if you have opened a complaint against him.
Old 24 June 2006, 12:04 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Yeah will open a complaint, I am guessing he does not want to go through with the transaction as the item has sold for £100 less then he usually sells them. He left feedback for another user on tuesday so he is not on holiday.
Old 24 June 2006, 12:08 PM
T5OLF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Yeah will open a complaint, I am guessing he does not want to go through with the transaction as the item has sold for £100 less then he usually sells them. He left feedback for another user on tuesday so he is not on holiday.
Do it, open the complaint, mail him and tell him you are leaving neg at at set time tonight unless he answers your mail. Ebay seems to full of tw@ts these days.
Old 24 June 2006, 12:13 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

cheers t5olf