Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Really believed him 9 years ago

Search this Thread

Old 23 June 2006, 08:46 AM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really believed him 9 years ago

I know its thread after thread on Blair.I was Conservative through and through but really really believed what he was offering all those years ago.

Apparantly we are now on his 43rd change to dealing with crime (some say it might be as many as 50)

Why can't the lying scummy politicians just do what we all want.He has never in all that time done anything he said he would.It is simple

CRIMINALS SHOULD HAVE NO FLIPPING RIGHTS BLAIR YOU IDIOT

Sick to the back teeth of it.Scum in charge of the streets and a wet police farce

Why do people still believe him?
Old 23 June 2006, 09:09 AM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

I have a mate that's a copper and she tells me because of all the changes to the legislation that Blair has done, If she arrests someone at the start of her shift on whatever charge something as petty as shop lifting she won't get out of the station for the rest of her shift because of the paperwork! Says it all really!
No coppers on the street were they are needed !
Old 23 June 2006, 09:25 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Commit a crime - get banged up/hanged

That should be the policy, so what's next on the agenda?
Old 23 June 2006, 09:29 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

I think Blair has done excellently..

I mean.. if you close down all the police stations, impede the police from doing their job and not respond to calls for help then people won't report a crime any more ! Result, lower crime stats. Excellent !

I know a copper in the Brum area who says that sexual assault is at an all time high, and 50% are committed by illegal immigrants.
Old 23 June 2006, 09:36 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

I think a lot of us are guilty of believing him and taking in all his B.S.

TBH though (and i'll probably get hanged for this) i really think that Blair is a sincere man and believes (in his eyes) that he his doing the right thing.

The problem is all the other a*** wipes in the party!

The thing is, is there an alternative? i think not, all the mainstream parties are interested in is telling you what you want to hear so they can win the next election - i suspect most if not all dont actually care about the country, they just want to feather their own nest.

They all p*** in the same pot.
Old 23 June 2006, 09:37 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

The paperwork thing for police must be a nightmare. And it seems to get worse proportionately to advances in technology which should mean huge reductions in paperwork. FFS you can take a photo with a phone, almost dictate words to a computer, record a converation on a tiny machine etc etc. So stop a dodgy character and record what happened should take a minute or so but PC and "rights" mean the whole process is a joke. Aaagh. dl
Old 23 June 2006, 10:37 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Bliar and his cronies all TALK big about things like these, dutifully parrotting what Mirror, and Sun readers want to hear.

Then they DO nowt, once it has all blown over, or something else has taken it's place in the public's imagination.

Meanwhile, Bliar's fukcing ugly dog of a wife is making MILLIONS for their retirement out of undermining what few laws we have in place.

Lying Labour: bunch of priks.

Tories: just as bad

Alcazar
Old 23 June 2006, 11:01 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief
I think a lot of us are guilty of believing him and taking in all his B.S.

TBH though (and i'll probably get hanged for this) i really think that Blair is a sincere man and believes (in his eyes) that he his doing the right thing.
Actually, him believing he is doing the right thing when the majority don't is more a sign of being delusional.
Old 23 June 2006, 11:05 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Sorry to say I switched from Conservative and voted for him when NL first got back in, seemed like a good idea at the time. Within a couple of years I was already thinking "oh my god what have I done".
Old 23 June 2006, 11:08 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

As above i think the current Tory party is in a right mess with three hugging Cameron - yet his clothes follow him in a limo 200 yards behind him.

I ask you - do we need another Thatcher??????
Old 23 June 2006, 12:40 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Answer: Yes

HTH
Old 23 June 2006, 12:45 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Answer, from one who lived, and really suffered through her years, a resoundingNO!!!!!!!

Alcazar
Old 23 June 2006, 12:54 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti
Why do people still believe him?
Didn't think anyone did any more...
Old 23 June 2006, 01:02 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Yep, the new improved Tory party is much more down with tha kidz :

and they have much spicier scandals too !

Old 23 June 2006, 01:17 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You know things are bad ,when even mr lewis doesnt come on to defend his beloved leader.
Old 23 June 2006, 04:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

PSL has lost it I am afraid!

I found that when it was reported that Billy was told by a minion during his first election campaign that a group of disabled youngsters were waiting to speak to him and his reply was"where's the votes in that?" that was when I began to doubt his claims.

I believe that what we need are prison sentences that mean what they say as far as the length of time to be served are concerned and that prison is made to be as it used to be, ie an unpleasant place to be with hard labour attached. This PC NL idea that imprisonment is bad and that prisoners should be treated kindly with tv, internet access and PS2 games and the right to vote etc in an effort to rehabilitate them is sheer rubbish and will never work. The prisoners will touch their forelocks, say thank you kindly and spend the rest of the time laughing at Billy and his PC plonkers. We are dealing with hardened criminals here. We see this with all the re-offending that goes on.

Make prison an unpleasant place to be, bring back slopping out etc. and we should soon see the prison population decresing to the levels they always used to be.

Les
Old 23 June 2006, 06:05 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Afraid not ,plans are afoot to carpet ladies prison as offenders are finding the prison system "too stresfull". If prisons get any better they should lock up the law abiding citizens and leave the scum to run the streets killing each other.
Old 24 June 2006, 02:04 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Has anyone on here actually spent time in Prison? I ask only because everyone seems to be of the mind that it's an ok place to be. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I don't know, I've never done bird. Any links on the web to prison web cams?
Old 24 June 2006, 02:06 AM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Crickey! Next best thing to a webcam, a virtual tour
Old 24 June 2006, 09:11 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Driving home through the center of Bristol on Friday (when Bliar had been doing a speach on crime), and it was nice to see someone had put up a big banner saying "Blair talk on crime - talk about hypocrisy!" over the M32
Old 24 June 2006, 10:25 AM
Mick
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

I think a big part of the problem is having subjugated ourselves to Europe.

Many of our laws have been changed to come in line with euopean laws and at the slightest hint of an opportunity lawyers will run to the euopean court 'of human rights' to make a bit more money for themselves and cripple our legal systema bit further if possible...

I really do think our government are bound alot more than it appears by being in this 'club'

From 'Open Europe Bulletin...
EU leaders agree to sign new treaty by 2008 - Symbolic 'Berlin declaration' to be signed next March
At this week's European Council summit, which marked the end of the year-long 'period of reflection' on the EU Constitution, EU leaders agreed to sign a new treaty by the end of 2008. The "new" treaty is likely to contain many of the proposals in the rejected EU Constitution.

Under the timetable agreed this week, EU leaders will sign a declaration on the future of Europe on 25 March 2007 in Berlin. According to the official conclusions of the summit, the declaration will involve the member states "setting out Europe's values and ambitions and confirming their shared commitment to deliver them, commemorating 50 years of the Treaties of Rome."

The German Presidency of the EU, which starts on 1 January next year, will also draw up a plan to reach agreement on a new treaty, which will be agreed "during the second semester of 2008 at the latest."

Tony Blair's spokesman Tom Kelly said the Government is "perfectly happy" with the new timetable to bring back the Constitution. Tony Blair told the press, "We have left the door open on what is the right way forward. There is no doubt that the EU is going to have to change its rules but precisely what form that will take, we are going to have to reflect on."

However, other EU leaders were more explicit that this means a return of the EU Constitution, in one form or another. German Chancellor Angela Merkel told journalists, "We will tell people again and again, in an open way, that we need this Europe and for that we need the Constitution."

Several EU leaders talked about the need to put "pressure" on the countries resisting the Constitution. Belgian Prime Minister Guy Verhofstadt said, "we are keeping the pressure on those who have suspended ratification". Luxembourg Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker said, "It is absolutely possible that the EU will move forward without the British if they reject the Constitution." An editorial in Handelsblatt, the German equivalent of the Financial Times, said that, "The British. will have to be confronted in the end with the alternative of approving the Constitution or leaving the EU. And there's only very few people on the Eurosceptic island who want the latter."
The only way is OUT !

Mick
Old 24 June 2006, 10:44 AM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
plans are afoot to carpet ladies prison
That should suit the rug munchers.....
Old 24 June 2006, 11:21 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I agree with Mick above. We should go back to the original idea of a free market in Europe and certainly not allow ourselves to be forced into a constitution as is happening covertly at the moment by accepting Eu legislation without question or resource to Parliament and what the electorate really think.

Why should we have to accept all this lefty PC direction from the Eu just to ensure Billy 2 jets get the post of Eu president when he gets the push from his present job?

Les