Microtech Int. USB CameraMate and UT

Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2001, 04:44 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Here's one for the techies here.

I (well suzy has) have a PC (AMD Athlon 1.2ghz, 512mb ram, Windows 98 SE) and I got a microtech international USB CameraMate card reader, to read the smartmedia cards that my Fuji Finepix 40i digital camrea uses. The reason is that without DC adaptor downloading the images directly from the camera kills the batteries, plus it means that suzy can access the smartmedia cards whilst I have the camera elsewhere.

Anyway, I've also been getting into Unreal Tournement. Now with the USB CameraMate attached every, oooh, about 5 seconds the screen in UT 'jumps' akin to what I would expect in a net game with slow connection, but this is *local* play (not good/brave enough to play online yet!) so there is no connection problem to be blamed. If I disconnect the USB CameraMate then all is fine.

hmm, I'm guessing that the USB CameraMate is checking every so often to see if a card is in one of it's slots.

anyone come across this problem before? if so then how did you fix it.

At present I've not attached the 7 port usb hub, so I'm having to reach round the bottom of the desk, in the darkness to unplug/plug the USB CameraMate before/after playing UT and it's bit of a pain, even with a hub in place, removing a device and plugging it back in is not an ideal solution

any info/solution to this one?