Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anybody wear Specsavers Contact Lens?

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2006, 01:16 PM
CRAIGFIN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody wear Specsavers Contact Lens?

I last wore contact lens in 1995 and gave them up as they didn't agree with me. I think it may have been the solution that iritated my eyes. Now, 11 years later, I reckon contact lens technology has maybe advanced enough to try them again.
I was looking at the Specsavers monthly disposable range to try them out. Does anybody wear these and can recommend (or not!) a type for me to try?

Clicky below!!

Clicky

Craig.
Old 11 June 2006, 01:39 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

I use their easyvision all day all night contacts and they are so comfortable, I don't even notice them at all, plus the advantage of not having to take 'em out every night etc is well worth it
Old 11 June 2006, 02:01 PM
cuprapep
Scooby Newbie

My wife wears the monthly disposable and she says they are great even tried to get me to switch to them from my normal bins..
Old 11 June 2006, 02:28 PM
n one
Scooby Regular

I`m using monthly disposables too, not specsavers though but Optix. I`d tried contacts about 15 years ago and never got on with them at all, after considering lazer treatment I thought I`d give contacts another chance.

Best thing I`ve done in a long time. Recommended

Neil.
Old 11 June 2006, 02:50 PM
scooby_matt
Scooby Regular

I use Acuvue contacts now after trying a few that didn't agree with me. This was through Vision Xxpress though, who I can't fault.
My sister uses specsavers contacts without any problems and they are quite a bit cheaper than mine each month.
Old 11 June 2006, 03:22 PM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

No probs at all with the daily disposables from Specsavers.

You get 3 months worth at a time, and use a new pair everyday. No solutions, no hassel.

I looked at wearing the allday/night lenses, but I don't really like the idea of wearing them constantly. Been using the daily disposables for about 6 years and never had any problems, apart from one mild case of conjunctivitis, which cleared up in a day or two
Old 11 June 2006, 09:23 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Originally Posted by GarethE
No probs at all with the daily disposables from Specsavers.

You get 3 months worth at a time, and use a new pair everyday. No solutions, no hassel.

I looked at wearing the allday/night lenses, but I don't really like the idea of wearing them constantly. Been using the daily disposables for about 6 years and never had any problems, apart from one mild case of conjunctivitis, which cleared up in a day or two
I have these too - I pay around £23 pounds a month. Only had a few problems with the supply - they come through on 'Lensmail' - a milkman delivers mine

I originally started out on the monthlies, but I too had a reaction with the solution - it was drying my eyes out, and creating major problems with ghost veins

The daily disposables do seem to rub easily if you overwear them. The specsavers optician tried to tell me that their lenses are as good as acuview... I know which ones I'd prefer if I could afford them

Trending Topics

Old 11 June 2006, 10:44 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

I just bought a years supply of Accuvue dailies (24 boxes of 30) for £110 in Thailand, shows how much we are getting ripped off over here.
Old 11 June 2006, 10:49 PM
amazinggrace
Super Muppet

Location: Little Green Men, come from Mars, look they've stolen all my bra'''''s'''''!'''''''

I just got new all day all night contacts from Tesco, you can order their lens online.

If I could just get them both in the right way they are brilliant, waking up and being able to see is amazing!
Old 11 June 2006, 10:59 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

I use the Specsavers monthly disposables ... wear for a month at a time (day & night), take them out for a few days rest, then put another pair in. Works great for me as it's easy & cheap. £15 per month.

TX.
Old 11 June 2006, 11:21 PM
leonpoole
Scooby Regular

I used to work for specsavers so was fortunate to try them all so here is my personal opinion of them.

The all day all night monthlys i found were the worst lens' ive ever worn. Yes you dont have the hastle of taking them out every day but on a morning when you wake up your eyes feel really dry for a minute or so, plus i done an eye test when i put a new pair in and then near the end of the month done another eye test and my vision had got worse as the lens got older.

The monthly disposables i found i got slightly better vision with over the all day all night monthlys although the hastle of removing then aplying everyday wasn't worth the marginally better vision they offered.

Daily disposables for me are the best lens' available. They are slightly dearer than the others but offer much better comfort and vision and considering you change them everyday arn't to much hastle, just flick em in the bog, bin or wherever at night time. They are easily worth the extra money