Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Daily Express

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2006, 12:51 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Daily Express

I dont buy it but it does always amuse me to look at the headlines, every other day* they have a Princess Diana related 'story', why she has been dead what 9 years, it was a bad car accident, she died, why keep dragging it up ?, I am no royalist (not fussed either way) but purely thinking about her two sons just as two young lads who lost their mum, it must be so annoying and upsetting to see it all over the morning papers so long after.

*Thats when the headline doesnt relate to Asylum seekers or Inheritance tax !
Old 09 June 2006, 05:40 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Daily Express is a wanna-be Daily Mail. However, the blue rinse brigade love the mail and so the Express tries to buy their custom with "Queen of Hearts" stories. And the rest of the column inches concern how polish asylum seekers will lower the house prices in your little bit of England

Steve
Old 09 June 2006, 11:14 PM
King RA
BANNED

I actually quite like the Express.
Old 10 June 2006, 12:46 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I don't care HOW much you polish asylum seekers. They're still dull.
Old 10 June 2006, 01:05 AM
ben44
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I dont buy it but it does always amuse me to look at the headlines, every other day* they have a Princess Diana related 'story', why she has been dead what 9 years, it was a bad car accident, she died, why keep dragging it up ?, I am no royalist (not fussed either way) but purely thinking about her two sons just as two young lads who lost their mum, it must be so annoying and upsetting to see it all over the morning papers so long after.
Do you live in London and listen to Capital Radio in the morning by anychance? 1 of Johnny Vaughan's favourite subjects, Express and Diana
Old 10 June 2006, 09:24 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think the Express is a reasonable paper amongst the other tabloids. It has columnists who write some very good and sensible articles.

The whole business about Princess Diana is whether she was deliberately killed. Maybe it is right that the truth should be published, one way or the other.

Les
Old 10 June 2006, 09:53 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, live in South Manchester, its just an observation made with a Express reading colleague.

Les, can see your point, there isnt that much choice but it just reeks of middle class self interest, obviously I have some of that so perhaps its the fact I end up aggreeing that makes me squirm, or the fact I always end up annoyed after I have read it like a retired Bank Manager from Tumbridge Wells, I think they just need to tone the agenda down a little bit and stop going on about bloody Princess Diana, shes dead, has been for years, she aint coming back whoever topped her.

I have to say, It would be pretty difficult to contrive a scenario that involved somebody dying in probably the safest car around at the time, I would imagine that crashing an S class at speed usually just involves carnage but fairly intact passengers, the car hit a bridge support and came to an abrupt stop, if the underpass had a solid wall it would have bounced off, flash bulbs, white Fiat Uno's, all a load of crap, its just people trying to come up with another JFK type consipracy thing.

Trending Topics

Old 10 June 2006, 09:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Not in a position to say myself J4CKO. I suppose the truth will out eventually. Had to smile about your personal observations about the paper, close to the truth I'd say. But it does come out with some accurate points though.

Les
Old 10 June 2006, 11:01 AM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Bubba po
I don't care HOW much you polish asylum seekers. They're still dull.
Dohh!

Steve
Old 10 June 2006, 05:46 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

i think the point about the dianna thing is fair enough if they have a cospiracy, but front page headlines is a bit much, its nothing that major

ron