Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Jehovah's Witnesses have just called!

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2006, 10:41 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jehovah's Witnesses have just called!

What is it with this bunch of ********* that they think they can just knock on peoples doors and start preaching to them.

Told him once nicely I was'nt interested but he kept on about how the world will become a better place so had to tell him to go away in a bit of a firmer tone

Just wondering if there were any Jehovah's on here or are cars seen as the devil or something

Chip
Old 04 June 2006, 10:43 AM
speed demoness
Scooby Regular

aren't they just so bloody annoying !!!!!
and what p!sses me off about em is the fact they take kids round with them too..... probably in the hope you'll feel sorry for them!... not me... i either just don't bother answering the door... or as soon as they start preaching I tell em to get lost and shut the door in their faces... kids or no kids!!!!
Old 04 June 2006, 10:53 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We get a couple of blokes who come round every second tuesday. They are very pleasant and don't force themselves on us at all. None of the foot in the door stuff!

They are locals so we have a conversation about things in the town, put the world to rights for a bit, and they usually show us a short passage in the bible which is apposite to what is happening in the modern world. That can take as much as two minutes!

We don't find them objectionable in any way and although we are not party to their faith we don't mind having a chat with them.

Les
Old 04 June 2006, 11:09 AM
spider
Scooby Regular

We've got them next door - or more, correctly, that's where their church/temple is. Funny thing is that they've never once called round. Maybe they don't like to cr@p on their own doorstep (so to speak!)

Funnily enough a couple of them (mum & son) appeared on the stable yard yesterday when we were cleaning horses/tack etc. They could see we were busy so just asked if they could leave us some literature. Not pushy at all.

Weird thing is that the yard's up an unmade track, off a C road, with only a few houses nearby - talk about getting out to the congregation! Did feel a bit sorry for them as they were all togged up in their Sunday Best and it was a hot day. Also not the best clobber to wear on an unswept yard!
Old 04 June 2006, 11:35 AM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

I was out in my garden once, at my old house which is right in the middle of no where, and these two (rather attractive) ladies pulled up outside my drive, i just assumed they were lost and wanted directions, so i went over and spoke to them, and it turns out there jehovah's, but they just chatted about things in general and had a laugh, (was going to offer them a drink, but thought i'd never get rid of them) they did'nt even mind when my dogs jumped up them and covered them in mud they were really nice people, and every now and then when i checked the postbox there was a card in there inviting me to there sunday service, i hasten to add i never went, but if all jehovah's were like the young ladies that came to my house i'd have to seriously think about joining up.
Old 04 June 2006, 12:31 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Why don't you just pour boiling water or the chip pan all over them 'cos the're probably carrying knives and about to stab you - 'cor what a laff innit

I happen to agree with quite a bit of their philosophy but when they call I just say "thanks for calling but I am busy right now. But good luck anyway". They are always polite, give a smile and leave. Doesn't take too much out of me. I do have a bit or respect for someone who has the bottle to do what they do given the grief they get from many caring citizens. dl
Old 04 June 2006, 12:38 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

i answered the door in boxers, that seemed to put them off, gave me a book and fooked off quick sharpish

ron

Trending Topics

Old 04 June 2006, 12:41 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just politely told then that we werent interested, wished them all the best and have not had a visit since.

Just be nice to them but make it clear you arent interested.

Had one come to the door when at the wifes aunts house on Anglessey and his wife was a proper minter, stood there ina summery dress with a fantastic chest, the sun shining through the dress, I nearly signed up there and then !
Old 04 June 2006, 12:43 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

they come down my road every other week yet only knocked on mine once they knocked i opened the door they opened there mouth to talk i closed door havent been back
Old 04 June 2006, 01:53 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

If what they are preaching about is so bloomin' wonderful.....why do they have to go about selling it door to door?
When they are told that this is a Pagan household, they do seem to disappear pretty darn quick.
Yve
Old 04 June 2006, 02:10 PM
Jamjar
Scooby Regular

Trying to convert them to atheism is always good , you can lead with "you know all that stuff you beleive, well its a daft isn't it?"
Old 04 June 2006, 02:15 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Well there's a new age STi in the local JW car park on a sunday morning!!
Old 04 June 2006, 02:25 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speed demoness
what p!sses me off about em is the fact they take kids round with them too.....
I had that once. Had spotted them in the estate opposite trailing from door to door and realised what they probably were. Took them about an hour to finally get to our door, and it was the most awful p!ss-wet day, not fit to kick the dog out. I opened the door to be greeted by two wimpish looking bible bashers and 2 of the most miserable, soaking wet kids I've ever seen. I read them the riot act all the way down our drive and into the street, telling them to get the kids home and in a warm bath and clean clothes, and stop forcing their beliefs on their innocent young minds. They never came back Religion makes people do strange things
Old 04 June 2006, 03:14 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamjar
Trying to convert them to atheism is always good , you can lead with "you know all that stuff you beleive, well its a daft isn't it?"
I got involved in some philosphical discussions on my doorstep with them regarding Darwinism, the age of the planet and mankind, dinosaurs etc and usually ended up winning but they would always come back next week with a counter argument and this just continued back and forth. This just seemed to encourage them. They have staying power, I'll give them that.
Old 04 June 2006, 03:19 PM
GaryCat
Scooby Regular

When they start talking about God, I constantly interrupt and talk incessantly about Subarus, turbos, 4wd technologies and offer to sell them an old Impreza brochure. When they say they are not interested in Subarus, I ask why they thought I would be interested in their delusions.
Old 04 June 2006, 04:57 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Would much rather have JW's turn up on the doorstep than pikeys offering to cut my trees down / repair my roof etc... or 16 years olds trying to sell UPVC windows to a house that already has them.
Old 04 June 2006, 04:58 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Chip
What is it with this bunch of ********* that they think they can just knock on peoples doors and start preaching to them.

Told him once nicely I was'nt interested but he kept on about how the world will become a better place so had to tell him to go away in a bit of a firmer tone

Just wondering if there were any Jehovah's on here or are cars seen as the devil or something

Chip
I was on a South Eastern train the other day and this nice chap started telling me how I had to embrace the lord quickly or I was going to hell.

That scared me a bit
I only had a Travelcard and was fairly sure that Hell wasn't in zones 1 to 6. I didn't want a fine and/or a criminal record.

Ns04
Old 04 June 2006, 07:43 PM
Chelspeed
Scooby Regular

If you send them packing in short shrift they'll carry on.

What you need to be aware is that someone up the road may be a gullible muppet with one brain cell, ie the normal religious type. Obviously if you post on scoobynet you have above average intelligence (!) so are never going to fall for their god squad carp.

So it's your moral duty to keep them talking on your doorstep for as long as you can possibly do so to minimise the chance of them subverting someone less fortunate down the road. Maybe
Old 04 June 2006, 09:50 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

I tell them that im islamic lmao it works too
Old 04 June 2006, 09:58 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

I just speak in polish and they soon sod off
Old 04 June 2006, 09:59 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

2 of my 4 brothers are Jw's and **** taking apart the Jehovah witnesses are some of the politest respectful people I have met.
Old 04 June 2006, 10:20 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
2 of my 4 brothers are Jw's and **** taking apart the Jehovah witnesses are some of the politest respectful people I have met.
Second that, there's one of their churches near work and I've spoken to a couple now and then. Always very polite friendly and (suprisingly) have never started asking questions about my religious beliefs.....well not yet anyway!

Some of the women I've seen in there congregation are stunning
Old 04 June 2006, 10:23 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Our window cleaner is a jovo.
Nice chap, not ever started preaching to me either.
Old 04 June 2006, 10:26 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Our window cleaner is a jovo.
Nice chap, not ever started preaching to me either.

not my bro is it? I know my brother and he would never push anyone into anything.
Old 04 June 2006, 10:56 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

I used to work with a JW, whose entire family converted when she was 13... she was a lovely girl, and never once tried to force her views down anyones throat.

She had to go 'knocking' every Wednesday, attend 'meetings' on Tues, Thurs and Saturday... they won't have blood transfusions, and can only marry a fellow JW... nice life..

The ones we get round here are a different story though.. you can never get rid of the buggars.. so we just pretend we're not in
Old 04 June 2006, 10:57 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephb1986
I tell them that im islamic lmao it works too
Tell them you're a satanist, that works better.
astraboy.
Old 04 June 2006, 11:06 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by kingofturds
not my bro is it? I know my brother and he would never push anyone into anything.
I should hope you do know your brother (unless it's one of those homies/gang phrases)

If he lives up in yam yam country, he could well be my window cleaner
Old 04 June 2006, 11:08 PM
Scuuby_wrx
Scooby Regular

i just open the door with a big kitchen knife and say wat do you taste like heh and then give them a evil hannibal lectar smile LOL
Old 04 June 2006, 11:13 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

There's a few live in my street. They came for a chat when I first moved in, let them know politely that I wasn't interested and they haven't bothered me since. Just the normal neighbourly chat.

Maybe I'm lucky having them so close - probably don't want to **** off the people they have to live near
Old 04 June 2006, 11:20 PM
tjjammo05
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ronjeramy
i answered the door in boxers, that seemed to put them off, gave me a book and fooked off quick sharpish

ron

same wiv me i was topless and they wouldnt look at me they just said stuff quick and went away

looks like thats the way 2 get rid of them

Quick Reply: Jehovah's Witnesses have just called!