Default Macbeth was a "probba snide"

and,Lady Macbeth needed more sex
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../ixuknews.html

Old 04 June 2006, 10:24 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Brings back memories! GCSE English in 1989.
Old 04 June 2006, 11:52 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

lol specially -On the question of Macbeth is "a loosanading",especially when he is in "full on soliloquy mode", one student offered:" The witches an the dagger weren't there.Macbeth had been smoking up and imagined them all"

Teenagers of today,eh!
Old 04 June 2006, 12:32 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

lol specially -On the question of Macbeth is "a loosanading",especially when he is in "full on soliloquy mode", one student offered:" The witches an the dagger weren't there.Macbeth had been smoking up and imagined them all"

Teenagers of today,eh!
Yes quite! They would be flummoxed if asked to appreciate the irony in Julius Ceasar as we had to at fourteen.
Old 04 June 2006, 12:34 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Yes quite! They would be flummoxed if asked to appreciate the irony in Julius Ceasar as we had to at fourteen.
Friends, Romans and countrymen lend me your ears. I have come to bury Ceasar not to praise him.......
Old 04 June 2006, 12:49 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Just makes me think of my daughter who is 14.She was given Cinderella to script in contemporary setting.She called Cinderella's step-mum a London Bike lol and her dad was an alcoholic. She was told to change her script or,she wouldn't have got any marks(that could have had negative impact on her yearly result).She refused as,she argued the point of being asked to write the story in contemporary settings.
However,she secured A grades in English.
It is her strongest subject.
PS- Not like me.English is my second language.
Old 04 June 2006, 09:27 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Just makes me think of my daughter who is 14.She was given Cinderella to script in contemporary setting.She called Cinderella's step-mum a London Bike lol and her dad was an alcoholic. She was told to change her script or,she wouldn't have got any marks(that could have had negative impact on her yearly result).She refused as,she argued the point of being asked to write the story in contemporary settings.
Well good for her, and well done for getting top marks too! Too many youngsters nowadays use slack English, slang and colloquiallisms to converse. They are monosyllabic and intersperse every sentence with either 'innit' or 'you know' or my pet peeve 'know what I mean'. Texting has further eroded their ability to express themselves via language, however they must be commended for their initiative in being able to condense long words thus saving both time and money. I think we need to encourage proper use of English a wonderfully rich and colourful language and form of self expression.

P.s English is my second language too!

Trending Topics

Old 04 June 2006, 09:31 PM
Jaydee5
Scooby Regular

English is my first language and sometimes I wish I could use it as well as you do TH