Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Did you see the News tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2006, 12:20 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Did you see the News tonight?

CCTV footage of a random attack on some young lads ... they were both then stabbed! WTF is wrong with people these days ... it made my blood run cold.

I've got a 5 year old son and it makes me very sad to think of the sort of World that he's going to grow up to.

Clearly the punishment for carrying (let alone using) a knife means nothing to some people. Needs sorting. What can we do about it though?

TX.
Old 26 May 2006, 12:26 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Knives have always been around .... it's just that they use them these days and then the other young men 'carry' for self-defence!!

And so the cycle continues!!

Pete
Old 26 May 2006, 01:44 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Very bad ****!
Really does my head in! I hate crime!For such a little and a civilised country,it definitely is very,very sad.
Stricter checks on sharp objects possession; education for youth etc etc but home learning,media plays an important part.Films glorify violence.It plays a huge part in crimes in general.Common sense prevails,as they say but that is only for humans.Rest shoud be under strict watch.
Old 26 May 2006, 01:48 AM
Mollox
Scooby Regular

A lad in my wee girls primary school found a large kitchen knife hidden in the bushes within the school grounds, he reported it to the teachers who called in the police who took it away blah blah... It is scary the amount of chavs who carry knives etc

Chavs caught with knives should be put away for 10 years minimum IMHO, but it aint never gonna happen as it gains no revenue, speeding motorists are an easier target and also brings in the pennies

Last edited by Mollox; 26 May 2006 at 01:50 AM.
Old 26 May 2006, 01:53 AM
sociopath
BANNED

News link please...
Old 26 May 2006, 01:54 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

God that's terrible
Why think of harming anyone if you haven't made anyone? Even if ( e.g.your own child) you did make someone?
I personally would have a breakdown even if i had emotionally hurt someone severely- never mind physically!
You see, children don't think like that.Teenagers are even more complicated!We have been there and we know it.Hormones don't help and all that. The best thing is to keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best! Rest to be left to the unknown! You can call it God or, thin air.

Last edited by Turbohot; 26 May 2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 26 May 2006, 01:57 AM
sociopath
BANNED

Originally Posted by Turbohot
God that's terrible
Why think of harming anyone if you haven't made anyone? Even if ( e.g.your own child), i'd have abreakdown even if i had emotionally hurt someone severely- never mind physically!
You see, children don't think like that.Teenagers are even more complicated!We have been there and we know it! Hormones don't help and all that! The best thing is to keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best! Rest to be left to the unknown! Yopu can call it God or, thin air.
Good grief. Try to keep a grip on your emotions if not for your dignity then for our benefit.

Now, link please...
Old 26 May 2006, 02:04 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sociopath
Good grief. Try to keep a grip on your emotions if not for your dignity then for our benefit.

Now, link please...
Plenty of dignity,Socio mate.No place for violence(unless provoked)
Old 26 May 2006, 02:05 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

And, I haven't got link.ok?
Old 26 May 2006, 02:08 AM
sociopath
BANNED

Then I can't empathise with your outpouring on this occasion.

Now, pull yourself the **** together!
Old 26 May 2006, 02:17 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sociopath
Then I can't empathise with your outpouring on this occasion.

Now, pull yourself the **** together!
Empathy or sympathy, iI need none.I only stated my views as you would on a public forum.
And yes boss, i have pulled myself together.Now tell me,when is the next gig?
Old 26 May 2006, 06:02 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

I saw that on the news last night too. One of the most appalling things I've ever seen on TV. It's was the totally unprovoked, utter random nature of the attack that was so shocking Combine that with the bloke who got shot outside a tube station for 'bumping into someone' and you really have to start asking WTF is going on. It's a very sad state of affairs that we have been reduced to.
Old 26 May 2006, 08:37 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Think this is it
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tees/5016088.stm
Old 26 May 2006, 08:48 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

My eldest has started regular pubbing and clubbing on Fridays and Saturdays, here in Scunny.

So far, in about 6 months, he's been the victim of TWO random attacks, (thankfully, only punches were traded), and been a witness at two others, one of which put a young lass in casualty when the bottle meant for her boyfriend hit her instead

But hey, drinking all hours doesn't lead to alcohol fuelled violence, does it Mr Blair?

Alcazar
Old 26 May 2006, 09:10 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
But hey, drinking all hours doesn't lead to alcohol fuelled violence, does it Mr Blair?

Alcazar
Well it has made no noticeable difference round where I live.
Old 26 May 2006, 09:16 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

It was a shocking news item, and disturbed me quite a bit when I saw it on the news last night

Olly, the lad on the news died, so I dont think it was the report above - I also went to Teesside uni, and didnt recognise the CCTV of it last night, I left there years back though.

I do agree with you on the drinking thing - longer drinking hours has made it far more pleasurable going down Burnley on a Saturday night now No more fighting, and a much more relaxed atmosphere, sorry alcazar
Old 26 May 2006, 09:23 AM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Same occurred with my 27 yr old son one night while he was out in Northampton. He was leaving a club and walked into someone's fist. No provocation or anything. A guy who was with the "thumper" even apologised to my son on his behalf saying " He does this from time to time...." What ??? the police were called but he'd legged it by then.
MAD WORLD !
Yve
Old 26 May 2006, 11:08 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

The CCTV helped to convict the three responsible though, just a shame their "sentence" won't involve being hanged
Old 26 May 2006, 11:14 AM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Thats something totally different.

On the news it showed video footage of 2 men being attacked and stabbed whilst waiting on a lift in essex i believe. The footage was released by the family of the deceased.

Totally pointless attack, the lads were minding there own business.

1 of the lads died
Old 26 May 2006, 11:47 AM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1770&ct=5

and thats exactly where i live, nice.
Old 26 May 2006, 02:15 PM
MattN
Scooby Regular

that's pretty shocking to watch. The fact they picked him up off the ground to then stab him ... surely murder.
Old 26 May 2006, 03:03 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Its trully horrifying

What I dont understand is how cool they all are as they approach the 2 lads, they are just chatting away between the threee of them, then launch the attack - no pointing, no discussion.

I assume its the gimp in the yellow and black top doing the stabbing?

It make my blood boil watching that - all three of them should be publicly stoned in London
Old 26 May 2006, 03:13 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

PSL,

Knives have not always been around as you say, except maybe a pen knife or a Swiss army knife, and they were not for threatening or wounding people with. I am surprised you said that.

You are certainly right about what is happening now of course. Do you honestly think an amnesty will improve matters though?

Les
Old 26 May 2006, 03:27 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
Its trully horrifying

What I dont understand is how cool they all are as they approach the 2 lads, they are just chatting away between the threee of them, then launch the attack - no pointing, no discussion.

I assume its the gimp in the yellow and black top doing the stabbing?

It make my blood boil watching that - all three of them should be publicly stoned in London
according to the video on the News it looked as if it was the bloke who threw the first punch.
Old 27 May 2006, 03:41 PM
Mitchy260
Scooby Regular

The sun have released the video to watch online.

Absoloute sickening

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006240558,00.html

Scroll down page a little
Old 27 May 2006, 04:02 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Just watched that and it really is sickening. I actually feel shaken having watched it. Lost for words.

ETA: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5017966.stm

Still can't believe it!

Last edited by JTaylor; 27 May 2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 27 May 2006, 04:25 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

that is sickening ... pray god it never happens to my lads... that little fella in the black top who did the stabbings.. you can actually 'see' him fumbling in his pocket for the blade.. dont tell me that werent a pre-meditated act.. he knew exactly what he was after in his pocket.. little ba$tard!
Old 27 May 2006, 05:34 PM
ninjacost
Scooby Regular

Haven't seen any human rights tossers sticking up for that poor lad, have you? makes my f****** blood boil ,i'm afraid we've bred a generation of savages what evil scum
Old 27 May 2006, 07:04 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

surley they must have had some sort of reason for their actions? no matter how insane?

what did they say to cops in interview? "why?" must have been asked?

aside from that, there is NO way to stop that stuff from happening apart from visable deterant. CCTV did not stop it, they know its wrong...that didnt stop it, they know its prison time if caught....that didnt stop it - we need to do what NY did years ago and smoother the place with cops.

Town centres at night full of bars need police all over the place....if you are out for a drink and a laugh it will make NO difference to your night if there are cops arround - if your scum you wont bother.

If i was in town waiting for a lift i would happily wait at a spot where the police were parked up keeping an eye on things.

And going into schools to warn of the dangers of knives is too soft- they need to go in and explain that if you have a knife you are scum and if caught you will be fckued over good and proper by the cops in a cell....make these kids realise they are WELL over the line of right and wrong when they carry a knife....forget "its a danger" and let them know they are scum.

Quick Reply: Did you see the News tonight?