Scooby Regular

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Question Top Gear may be banned?

http://cars.msn.co.uk/carnews/tgbanmay06/
Old 24 May 2006, 11:19 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only here One of the most popular shows on TV and THE most profitable one with regards to export sales and related merchandise, and some whinging do-good jobsworth wet sap tw@t tries their utmost to spoil it for the millions who love it If it were to ever go through I suggest a mass Scoob convoy to sit outside the council offices with a loudest exhaust competition.
Old 24 May 2006, 11:31 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

no chance it will be banned.
the whole thing started about the new place they were going to had a noise limit so they decided not to move there
Old 24 May 2006, 11:35 AM
Sport160
Scooby Regular

The place used to be a BAE factory, with harriers and the like landing and taking off, can't believe the noise is any worse now.
Old 24 May 2006, 11:44 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

it'll be a case of the people living in the area will be moaning about the noise even though its always been there.

RAF/Army will, have just told them, we'll try to keep the noise to a min, aka, haha you moved there so tough!!! (which is the way it bloody should be)
Old 24 May 2006, 11:50 AM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What was there first, the airfiels or the residents.
Another Council with not a lot of constructive things to do I suspect and exerting control over a popular TV programme will give some people a buzz I guess. Might even give some spokesperson a bit of national exposure. How sad.
We have the same thing here with Croft Circuit. People buy houses close by and within a short period of time they are up in arms, noise, congestion on race days, coffee mornings with like saddoes etc. Health problems brought on by proximity to circuit etc. They clearly need their heads examining, I agree on that. Little cloistered self interested group.
Old 24 May 2006, 11:54 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

its a serious issue.

my dad has contact with st marys church in nottingham, even though it and the bells inside it have been there for 300+ years four, yes four, complaints from residents in new apartments formed in old lace making buildings ment £30k had to be raised and spent on sound proofing.

complete bollox if you ask me, if you can't stand the noise don't move there, but its now a case of the resident is right even though they moved there recently
Old 24 May 2006, 12:05 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sorry . . But the only reason you people say that TG is a great programme - is purely for the fact that there is no real alternative . . .Its a virtual monoply of sorts . .(well there is also 5th gear which I prefer) . . .Sorry to rain on yr parade lads, but if you take away the gloss and the tyre smoke and the glamourous exotic cars - what you are left with in essence is one fat middle aged **** who cracks crap jokes which everyone laughs at because they have no mind of their own . . .

Now . .Regarding the issue of noise . . .I think you will find that most proving grounds have nise restrictions of sorts . .But as Clarkson is hammering road lagal models I see no reason for a ban . . .

Its been good talking . .
Old 24 May 2006, 12:14 PM
Spring Heeled Jack
Scooby Regular

Location: was he a creature, an alien, or a man wearing some strange costume and a hidden jumping apparatus
Talking

Originally Posted by WRX300MAN
Sorry . . But the only reason you people say that TG is a great programme - is purely for the fact that there is no real alternative . . .Its a virtual monoply of sorts . .(well there is also 5th gear which I prefer) . . .Sorry to rain on yr parade lads, but if you take away the gloss and the tyre smoke and the glamourous exotic cars - what you are left with in essence is one fat middle aged **** who cracks crap jokes which everyone laughs at because they have no mind of their own . . .

Wussup? - did James May **** your girlfriend?

Actually there is a very good chance it could be banned. Clarkson offends a lot of people. I expect there are quite a few in the local parrish council.

Last edited by Spring Heeled Jack; 24 May 2006 at 12:17 PM.
Old 24 May 2006, 12:18 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
its a serious issue.

my dad has contact with st marys church in nottingham, even though it and the bells inside it have been there for 300+ years four, yes four, complaints from residents in new apartments formed in old lace making buildings ment £30k had to be raised and spent on sound proofing.

complete bollox if you ask me, if you can't stand the noise don't move there, but its now a case of the resident is right even though they moved there recently
Obviously they took the wrong line of defence. They should have said Church bells were advertising christianity and that it was an insulting slur on other religion especially when ones that usually require Minaret to summon their prays from can't have theirs. Especially in the free multicultural society we live in.
Old 24 May 2006, 12:21 PM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

you are left with in essence is one fat middle aged **** who cracks crap jokes which everyone laughs at because they have no mind of their own
No wonder it is so loved here
Old 24 May 2006, 12:29 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

bloody country`s full of doo gooders!!
Old 24 May 2006, 12:46 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Musn't offend the roman sandal wearing nut crunching lentil eating PC plonkers must we!

Les
Old 24 May 2006, 12:50 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

How does that 747 in the background take off (if it does, looks a bit of a static feature) does the pilot tell it to shush ?

Trouble is, people in sleepy little villages are likely to moan in the absence of anything better to think about, if you live in a city or on a main road you just get used to the racket. what do they do all day, shouldnt they be out at work ?
Old 24 May 2006, 12:52 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Could be argused that thrashing cars round an airfield is better for teh environment:

Well they pollute far less that than most aircraft both civil and military, be it from noise or from exhaust emissions
Old 24 May 2006, 01:00 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Good point Les, one 747 take off roll out 250 years of track use !
Old 24 May 2006, 01:00 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by harvey
What was there first, the airfiels or the residents.
Another Council with not a lot of constructive things to do I suspect and exerting control over a popular TV programme will give some people a buzz I guess. Might even give some spokesperson a bit of national exposure. How sad.
We have the same thing here with Croft Circuit. People buy houses close by and within a short period of time they are up in arms, noise, congestion on race days, coffee mornings with like saddoes etc. Health problems brought on by proximity to circuit etc. They clearly need their heads examining, I agree on that. Little cloistered self interested group.
Agree, and to quote Clarkson, it's the usual: "too much time, not enough brain" syndrome operating here!

Old 24 May 2006, 01:18 PM
Ga22ar
Scooby Regular

Trust me - I grew up in a pub a little down the road from Dunsfold and it was never too noisy.. Anyway - must ppl in Dunsfold are either in-breeding lowlifes with no sense of imagination - or rich city ***** wanting to relax..

I used to enjoy having the Harriers and Hawks using our pub as a waymarker - never used to complain about the noise...
Old 24 May 2006, 02:23 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Its been good talking . .
Very good, but the gloss, tyre smoke and glamourous exotic cars are present and correct, aren't they? It's a bit like saying that if it wasn't for the ball, goals and the players, football would be rubbish. Still, I guess your chances of seeing a Lada 2112 'light 'em up' are greatly improved with VBH and co. They may even have a Gaz 3110 Volga for you to lust after.
Old 24 May 2006, 02:23 PM
tjjammo05
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

If it were to ever go through I suggest a mass Scoob convoy to sit outside the council offices with a loudest exhaust competition.

great idea
think thats what we sould do
Old 24 May 2006, 02:49 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Very good, but the gloss, tyre smoke and glamourous exotic cars are present and correct, aren't they? It's a bit like saying that if it wasn't for the ball, goals and the players, football would be rubbish. Still, I guess your chances of seeing a Lada 2112 'light 'em up' are greatly improved with VBH and co. They may even have a Gaz 3110 Volga for you to lust after.
YEs . .Very good . .I can see you are a part time comedian! . .How did you know i was Russian . . Did the bread que stretch to yr town all the way from Moscow??? . . Mate . .I hear what yr saying, but the programm is funded by TV license, and what you get in return is Clarkson having a good time and a load of Crap jokes . . . . . . .I am not saying is a complete wipe out, but in truth, the programm pivots around Clarksons persona, and is not very informative . . .ITs around the lowest common denominator - speed . . Speed matters . .Its very true . .But there is just more to motoring . . . . .And sorry, I was considering a Volga instead of a Scoob, but they don't sell them!

Nice talking to you . . .

p.S I believe the 747 is at Bruntingthorpe, where I had lessons with Don Palmer!

Last edited by WRX300MAN; 24 May 2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 24 May 2006, 02:58 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

p.S I believe the 747 is at Bruntingthorpe, where I had lessons with Don Palmer!
Err no. The 747 is at Dunsfold.
Old 24 May 2006, 03:04 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Err no. The 747 is at Dunsfold.
Its a 747 with no engines . .COrrect??? . .

Mate . .Just double checked, and I surely saw a 747 at Bruntingthorpe . . .

http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cg...multimap.y=192

Maybe its just different 747's?

Last edited by WRX300MAN; 24 May 2006 at 03:10 PM.
Old 24 May 2006, 03:09 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

WRX300MAN I have the perfect solution for you: press the 'off' button on your TV. Simple really.

I don't watch soap operas but I don't go moaning on about how Eastenders is uninformative, boring etc etc because there are millions of people who disagree with me and tune in to every show. Just like there are millions of people who disagree with you and watch Top Gear. You are of course, entitled to your opinion though - one of the benefits of the UK!
Old 24 May 2006, 03:10 PM
scoobynet_moron
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down

Did you not bother to read the article before you decided to shoot your mouth off?

""Top Gear" is not the only user of the track, which is also used to host track days and similar events. The airfield also contains a giant "dummy" jet airliner that can be used for fire evacuation training."

I bet Don Palmer (who ever he is) is glad he knows you.
Old 24 May 2006, 03:10 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mad_dr
WRX300MAN I have the perfect solution for you: press the 'off' button on your TV. Simple really.

I don't watch soap operas but I don't go moaning on about how Eastenders is uninformative, boring etc etc because there are millions of people who disagree with me and tune in to every show.
Yeah, you say that, but Eastenders really is ****!
Old 24 May 2006, 03:12 PM
scoobynet_moron
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs up

So is 5th Gear
Old 24 May 2006, 03:15 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Yeah - fair point. Poor example
Old 24 May 2006, 03:21 PM
WRX300MAN
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by scoobynet_moron
Did you not bother to read the article before you decided to shoot your mouth off?

""Top Gear" is not the only user of the track, which is also used to host track days and similar events. The airfield also contains a giant "dummy" jet airliner that can be used for fire evacuation training."

I bet Don Palmer (who ever he is) is glad he knows you.
Ok Lads . .I See the debate is seriously getting out of hand . . Who gives a **** where the 747 is . .I just made a point it may be Bruntingthorpe . .That's all . . I just tried to have a debate that TG is not constructive - and yes , rightly spotted I am at liberty to turn to another channel! . . . . . .

Anyhow . .Don Palmer . . I do not know if he is glad to know me, but I am very glad to have met him . .Why don't you go and intruduce yrself you wally . . .That way you might learn to drive!

http://www.donpalmer.co.uk/

Good talkin to you!
Old 24 May 2006, 03:26 PM
scoobynet_moron
Scooby Newbie

Talking

.Why don't you go and intruduce yrself you wally . . .That way you might learn to drive!

Good talkin to you!
Why don't you go and introduce yourself to a school and a dictionary. That way you might learn to construct a sentance.

Quick Reply: Top Gear may be banned?