Road Rage

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2006, 12:31 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Rage

A funny incident just happened to me.

I was driving home from uni and at a roundabout a guy in a jag attempted to cut me up, I stayed in front of him and he then gestured to me from his car I gave him a couple of the usual gestures. At this point he completely lost the plot, violently pulled his tie off and started geturing he wanted a fight, I was pretty amused by this time so laughed a bit then gave him another ****** sign

He stayed angry and sat on my tailgate gesturing away. We came up to roadworks and of course he gets out, i take off my seatbelt and sunglasses so I can jump out in case he tried to punch me and open the door. He approaches, I stay in the car becuase the last thing I need after finishing my uni exams is a fight on a main road and a jail sentence or a kick in the head.

This chap then proceeds to challenge me with invites of "do you want to go or not" then keeps calling me a ****** while I keep telling him to behave himself, get back in his car and act his age. He then wanders off saying who's the ****** now (still him im pretty sure ) and then another motorist behind says something I presume to be along the lines of behave yourself, he then makes a few gestures towards them and gets back in his car.

The guy made me a bit angry and I honestly think if I'd got out he would of wanted a full on fight, my concern is that if this is how he behaves what would he do to a woman, it didn't bother me but it may well bother an older person for example. His safety is a slight concern as well because I can think of a few people that if he'd done that too he would be in hospital now.

I'm wondering if its worth calling the police for these reasons but I guess not.

I assume witnesses would be needed, wish I'd got out and had a word with someone else in the queue.
Old 17 May 2006, 12:44 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

So you did not do anything

S**t bag
Old 17 May 2006, 12:48 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

***** !!
now get back out there and give him some
Old 17 May 2006, 12:49 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Only joking mate, you did the right thing although repeatedly giving him the w@nker sign would not have helped.

I used to retaliate all the time, years ago a guy gestuted me to pull over and after weighing him up - balding, grey hair etc. i thought 'come on then' the thing is he got out i jumped off my bike and then it hit me 'Christ' i swear this guy should have been put in a cage.

he had quite an old look about him facially anyway - his friggin' arms were bigger than my legs, and even back then i was a big lad - my a*se fell out and i must have turned white. i'll admit now i crapped it and thought i was in for a hiding. we had a verbal exchange but how the hell he did not knock me inmto next week is beyond me.

The guy was feckin' huge

teh thing is no matter how big or hard you are there is always someone bigger and or nuttier than you.

lesson learnt
Old 17 May 2006, 12:56 PM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

i dont even bother now
i just smile at them and sometimes blow kisses
Old 17 May 2006, 01:05 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have got out - sorry, I couldn't have resisted ....... but then, I have been the 'other' on some occassions.

The thing I have learned and try to implement is that these people if you don't respond to them drive off and have forgotten you within seconds.

Make an issue of it and it escalates .....

I 'try' to let things go by - but, sadly, I cannot win everytime and sometimes rise to the situation ....... it's a good job I'm 20 stone and ugly!

Pete
Old 17 May 2006, 01:14 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Put up or shut up unless you want to be exposed as all mouth, as you were in this incident.

If you are comfortable with that then carry on, but rest assured one day you will be helped out of the car by Mr Angry.

Weigh up the importance of a ruck compared to your safety.

Trending Topics

Old 17 May 2006, 01:28 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

The thing is as well, even if your a big b**stard so to speak this means f**k all - all it takes is one game little 9 stone ******. corner him the next thing - knife appears - bang game over, you lose a kidney (or worse) he's out in 2-3 years. but your f**ked

If your prone to getting out of yoru car - one day you'll get your come uppance.

The rules have changed nowadays - look at the famous case on TV Kenneth noye (i think that what he was called) who knifed someone - the guy he was fighting was a black belt in karate - and was giving him a pasting when he was stabbed.

Is it worth it?
Old 17 May 2006, 02:35 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

What car were you driving ??
Old 17 May 2006, 02:38 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
What car were you driving ??
The one in front of your Jag, obviously.
Old 17 May 2006, 02:51 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Spoon
The one in front of your Jag, obviously.
What you trying to say ??

Old 17 May 2006, 02:56 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Life is to short to rise to it Richard, let it go without the hand signals next time
Old 17 May 2006, 03:16 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

What you trying to say ??

Those white see-through trousers of yours bring out the worst in you.
Old 17 May 2006, 03:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I Had some wnaker in his rover 400 on saturday cut me up twice and then blocked me when I tried to overtake ,much to the amusment of his female passanger he was trying to impress. Then to top it off he nearly rear ends a land rover driving like a ****.
I was fooking seething to say the least and would have had more than a word with him if he had stopped, luckily for him he turned off. Only hope when he crashes and kills himself he doesnt take anyone with him.
Old 17 May 2006, 03:21 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

What's most worrying about this tale is that people are driving around in this enraged frame of mind. How can they concentrate on the road when they are thinking like that ?

Reminds me of the time I stopped at some lights as they turned red. Looked in my rearview to see the (ahem ) "lady", behind me mouthing off something rotten. She definately had issues. She then turned onto the M25 as the lights turned green...... god help any motorists that got in HER way !
Yve
Old 17 May 2006, 03:27 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Put up or shut up unless you want to be exposed as all mouth, as you were in this incident.

If you are comfortable with that then carry on, but rest assured one day you will be helped out of the car by Mr Angry.

Weigh up the importance of a ruck compared to your safety.
I wasn't really exposed as all mouth, if I was exposed as anything it was as someone too sensible to jump out a car and participate in a street fight in the middle of an A road.

The guy made gestures at me, i made some back.

I was driving an old astra (mine is in for an mot today - fingers crossed), interestingly he commented on this, saying "look at you in your fantastic car" I pointed out this didn't really have anything to do with the situaton.

I don't think this guy had any interest in the road at this point, his only care in the world was to "get me told" im sure.
Old 17 May 2006, 03:36 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Richard_P
I wasn't really exposed as all mouth, if I was exposed as anything it was as someone too sensible to jump out a car and participate in a street fight in the middle of an A road.
In his eyes you most certainly were. Whether or not staying in your car was right or wrong, he felt he 'won', leaving him to do it again until somebody does get out and teach him a lesson. Then he might just re-think his actions in future.

You can only really be looked upon as not all mouth if you remained in your car and never returned the hand gestures, in my opinion.

Then he would have looked dafter.
Old 17 May 2006, 03:47 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

What is all the panic about - when he tried to cut you up you could just have let him go and get on with your day... maybe he made a mistake, maybe he is an arrogant tosser, but at the end of the day, you have given yourself unnecessary stress and shortened your life by a few minutes for no real reason

(FB realises old age is really setting in )
Old 17 May 2006, 03:48 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Those white see-through trousers of yours bring out the worst in you.

I prefer to call them my Golfing trousers
Old 17 May 2006, 03:52 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

I prefer to call them my Golfing trousers
Yes but nobody needs to see where you carry your spare *****.
Old 17 May 2006, 04:38 PM
brumdaisy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EXSCOOBY
i dont even bother now
me too.... they just dont know how to react to that
Old 17 May 2006, 08:35 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

Originally Posted by The Chief
So you did not do anything

S**t bag
He locked the doors and papped his keks - that's my take on it. Whinging Fecking Lefty Student - On my taxes !! Get a job and wash, ya hippie.

Old 18 May 2006, 01:08 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

I'd not long bought my 1st car and was signalling to turn onto the driveway of my then girlfriend's parents house. There was a twet in a nova behind me reving his engine and trying to come around me - I was trying to turn right.
Eventually I got out and he v-signed me. I ran after him and as he wasn't looking where he was going he crashed into an oncoming car!
Anyway I gave the other driver my details to act as a whitness. I fooked up here as the nova driver's parents rang my parents and told them a pack of lies saying that they were expecting to go around their house for trouble! (they obviously got my number from the other driver)

A few weeks later I saw the twet in a pub and he would not stop staring at me. He then proceeded to tell his mates loudly that I was the guy who caused him to crash and that I was signalling left and attempting to turn right. This really fired my up and I ended up giving him a kicking in front of his pals.

2 weeks later I got bottled in the back of the head by some of his "harder" mates.

Lesson learned here. Sometimes it's best to let these daft incidents go!

Nick
Old 18 May 2006, 01:37 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

I gave in to the rage urge a few weeks back (very, VERY unlike me - I usually can't be ar5ed - what can I say I was very tired and cranky!).

I was driving up the A404M (dual carriageway) about 10pm. Nothing behind me and a Waitrose artic ahead. I indicate and pull around the artic - I'm doing about 70mph. As I'm pootling past the artic a **** in a hot hatch appears on the horizon 1/2 mile behind and proceeds to accelerate at warp 9 all the way up to 2 ins behind my back bumper then starts flashing me and gesticulating, just as I'm getting to the front of the truck and about to pull in.

As I pull in I flash him back and indictate that maybe he prefers to satisfy himself sexually. He then decides to pull in front of me and stamp on the brakes I slow right down behind him - then I notice in my rearview the Waitrose truck now fast approaching - so I nip into the right hand lane - whereupon said Waitrose truck roars up to 2 ins from his rear bumper and hits the air horns! Little chap in the hot hatch thinks better of his actions and shoots off!

I knew all these years sticking up for truckers was time well spent!

Last edited by Drunken Bungle Whore; 18 May 2006 at 01:39 PM.
Old 18 May 2006, 01:58 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EXSCOOBY
i dont even bother now
I have suffered from bad road rage in the past, i now try my best to not let it bother me but the stupidity of some make it very hard indeed. Just yeterday i had some woman who tried to force her way into my lane in slow traffic and started beeping at me i just smiled and carried on, 50 meters and 3 minutes later she again attempted to move into my lane i wouldnt let her in and i retaliated by swerving into her lane momentarily, she got really angry picked up her phone and called the police. Don't know what they'll do, though. I later calmley got out of my car and calmley told her that if she had hit me she'd have been at fault as it was my right of way, i should have just left it.
Old 18 May 2006, 02:15 PM
New_scooby_04

I don't have a problem with road rage: No one dares confront me:

-I look like a nasty piece of work
-I'm 22 stone of pure muscle
-Am extensively trained in several martial arts- in fact I could incapacitate anyone with a simple glance
Oh, and I have a really bad BO problem!!

Seriously, I just ignore them.

I do, however, see the point made by Jeremy Clarkson in an article entitled: 'Road rage, you know it makes sense' in which he recounted an example of how a careless bit of driving on his part had almost led to a serious accident and the other gentleman involved had, let's just say, tried to throttle him in retaliation. Rather than get upset Jeremy reasoned that he probably deserved more as his carelessness had almost killed the guy. He suggested hat if we all felt that we might be held to account for our driving by a 20 stone angry bloke then we might all drive more carefully and considerately!

Nice theory, wouldn't quite work out in practice I suspect though!!!

Ns04
Old 18 May 2006, 03:05 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Richard_P
A funny incident just happened to me.

I was driving home from uni and at a roundabout a guy in a jag attempted to cut me up, I stayed in front of him and he then gestured to me from his car I gave him a couple of the usual gestures. At this point he completely lost the plot, violently pulled his tie off and started geturing he wanted a fight, I was pretty amused by this time so laughed a bit then gave him another ****** sign

He stayed angry and sat on my tailgate gesturing away. We came up to roadworks and of course he gets out, i take off my seatbelt and sunglasses so I can jump out in case he tried to punch me and open the door. He approaches, I stay in the car becuase the last thing I need after finishing my uni exams is a fight on a main road and a jail sentence or a kick in the head.

This chap then proceeds to challenge me with invites of "do you want to go or not" then keeps calling me a ****** while I keep telling him to behave himself, get back in his car and act his age. He then wanders off saying who's the ****** now (still him im pretty sure ) and then another motorist behind says something I presume to be along the lines of behave yourself, he then makes a few gestures towards them and gets back in his car.

The guy made me a bit angry and I honestly think if I'd got out he would of wanted a full on fight, my concern is that if this is how he behaves what would he do to a woman, it didn't bother me but it may well bother an older person for example. His safety is a slight concern as well because I can think of a few people that if he'd done that too he would be in hospital now.

I'm wondering if its worth calling the police for these reasons but I guess not.

I assume witnesses would be needed, wish I'd got out and had a word with someone else in the queue.
i'd report the ****er, if some **** can report my bloke fo just flashing at them, then i am sure you can do the same.
Old 18 May 2006, 03:14 PM
MY93WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stew911
i'd report the ****er, if some **** can report my bloke fo just flashing at them, then i am sure you can do the same.
What did the police do about it?
Old 18 May 2006, 03:19 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

came round the house bout ten minutes after bloke got home, went off their heads at my partner who was knackered cause he had been been at work all night and the stupid bint had cut him up in the fast lane of the A449. he flashed at her and then carried on with his journey, thinking no more of it. but the *******s wouldn't let it go so bloke rung police station and made complaint about the coppers attitude towards him.
Old 18 May 2006, 03:47 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

Ahh - now when you said "flashed at them" - I thought you meant......

Quick Reply: Road Rage