Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Society's problems all down to a 'Godless' society

Search this Thread

Old 12 May 2006, 03:30 PM
lozgti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Society's problems all down to a 'Godless' society

So said someone in a letter to one of the papers.I agree.That pregnant 11 yr old prompted my thoughts

Some will come along and say there is no God.Others will say 'I was a choirboy and was fiddled with by the priest'.Others will say look at all the wars religion started.

As the letter writer said,in the 1940's they had none of the current crappy problems,including the total lack of morals,mad foreign clerics calling for a war against UK whilst living here.

England was deeply C of E.It is a mish mash of everything now.People worship money,credit,material things.

Gawd society has become so awful.Total lack of respect.And yes I do think it is the desire to turn away from God and have a bath in money Carol Vorderman pursuaded you to borrow .

Maybe it will all turn round.Maybe.
Old 12 May 2006, 03:35 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

And maybe it wont
Old 12 May 2006, 03:39 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Carol Vordeman can pursade me to do anything
Old 12 May 2006, 03:41 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lozgti
As the letter writer said,in the 1940's they had none of the current crappy problems,including the total lack of morals,mad foreign clerics calling for a war against UK whilst living here.
Actually in the 1940's they were too busy fighting a world war to worry about the trivial problems that we have now . Maybe it can all turnaround and we can have another world war to appreciate how good things really are?
Old 12 May 2006, 03:48 PM
Reality
BANNED

It's not God that's to blame (or the lack of one).

It's the Welfare State.

In the old days - if you were poor you died.

Keeps the scum levels down .
Old 12 May 2006, 03:51 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

maybe its the lack of discipline police could smack you round the ear parents could smack there child for being naughty and we knew where the line stoped now kids can do and say anything they want and they know no one can touch them police cant do anything parents can get locked for nothing and its all been going down hill its nothing to do with god its the goverment
Old 12 May 2006, 03:54 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely. Can't even invade a troublesome country these days without the bloody lefties getting involved.

Trending Topics

Old 12 May 2006, 03:59 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Progression isn't always for the best.
Old 12 May 2006, 04:05 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Richard_P
Progression isn't always for the best.
Couldnt agree more, Damn that pesky caveman for inventing the wheel. Its all his fault
Old 12 May 2006, 04:20 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

If you need to be in fear of a super natural being to stop you acting in an imoral manner, then you're a person I'd rather not know.
Old 12 May 2006, 04:29 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

I blame women & Margaret Thatcher
Old 12 May 2006, 04:34 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't remember the history books saying that life was easy in the 1940s
Old 12 May 2006, 04:40 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
I don't remember the history books saying that life was easy in the 1940s
Conversely Brendan, that may be the point?
Old 12 May 2006, 07:53 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Society's problems all down to a 'Godless' society
Yep. We must all convert to Islam as soon as possible.
Old 12 May 2006, 09:04 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ring that load company, borrow some money and then see how much Carol wants for a blow job as it seems to be she will do anything for a few quid.
Old 12 May 2006, 09:07 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its not that society is godless, just that people are stupid, lazy, greedy, aggressive and feckless.

11 years old and ********, jesus, apparently she is still smoking but has given up drinking, her mother is proud, yep I would be so proud as well.
Old 12 May 2006, 09:32 PM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
If you need to be in fear of a super natural being to stop you acting in an imoral manner, then you're a person I'd rather not know.
I agree with the thinking behind this post.

I see no reason why a belief in god should affect your behaviour. People need to believe in society not god.

Misguided religious beliefs can cause much more problems than no beliefs.

I don't have any religious feelings at all, it bores me and I think it's just something for people to have an argument about really but I am still a person with moral values (a lot higher moral values than some peoples from the look of the news).
Old 12 May 2006, 09:49 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Obviously there is a greater cultural diversity and population now than in the 1940, but I also believe that a lot, not all, of what we see in society is not too different to what it was back then. However, what is different is greater social awareness and a huge increase in tabloid press and television. News isn't just news anymore, its also entertainment. What was deemed socially unacceptable and not news worthy then is now sensationalized to make sales.
Old 12 May 2006, 09:51 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bring back the work houses
Old 12 May 2006, 10:09 PM
Ben v7
Scooby Regular

Things are definately getting worse - nothing to do with the media as it's obvious to most people through first hand experience that society is in decline here.

Not sure why - but there is a lack of respect and morality in UK society. I've never bought the whole 'we've never had it so good' rubbish - the economy is strong but quality of life and the way people treat each other etc.

Just look at how much of the rest of the world views us now - country of yobs... and it's not to hard to see why. There is a nasty undercurrent to society in this country that doesn't exist in many other countries and this is now being recognized - ask anybody who's been away for 5-10 years what they think after a couple of days being back. What has caused it is hard to say... lack of unity, lack of discipline in the class room, dark side to liberalism, hip-hop culture?

Belief in a God does pull people together I think. Setting aside personal beliefs it has been suggested that we 'evolved' to believe in a God. Mechanism that encourages coheshion amongst people, encourages people to be less selfish in what they do, live by certain codes etc - net result is those peoples do better collectively and hence more likely to survive.
Old 12 May 2006, 10:18 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Belief in God only pulls people together if you believe in the same religion....
Old 13 May 2006, 10:44 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs down

So said someone in a letter to one of the papers.I agree.That pregnant 11 yr old prompted my thoughts

Some will come along and say there is no God.Others will say 'I was a choirboy and was fiddled with by the priest'.Others will say look at all the wars religion started.

England was deeply C of E.It is a mish mash of everything now.People worship money,credit,material things.

Gawd society has become so awful.Total lack of respect.And yes I do think it is the desire to turn away from God and have a bath in money Carol Vorderman pursuaded you to borrow .

Maybe it will all turn round.Maybe.
Oh how I love you people! You are so misguided, you sound like my mum!

People have this rosy idea of life in previous times. Well sorry to burst your bubble, but compared to previous centuries, modern times are the safest and most moral periods yet!!!!

Go on, invent a time machine and go back to your supposedly safer and nicer times, and see how you get on.

Let's see, you can choose from times of religous war, centuries of religous persecutoin of the most violent type available.

Child prostitution the norm, kids up chimneys, down mines, you name it.

People getting hn for stealing apples. Kids getting tortued in public unless they admit they are witches. Public drownings. Rape, muggings, murder without chance of solving it. Bear bating, **** fighting, dog fighting. Oh the list is endless!!!!!!

Come on, let's return to those lovely times eh? And we can all go to church on sunday to thank our compassionate loving God for all those niceities that we have got rid of to live in our horrible, immoral present.

Geezer
Old 13 May 2006, 11:09 AM
Richard_P
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
People getting hn for stealing apples. Kids getting tortued in public unless they admit they are witches. Public drownings. Rape, muggings, murder without chance of solving it. Bear bating, **** fighting, dog fighting. Oh the list is endless!!!!!!

Geezer
I saw a couple of ***** fighting last saturday in a club. There were some dogs at it too pulling each others hair.

Looks liks this still goes on

Old 13 May 2006, 11:38 AM
The Snug Rhino
Scooby Regular

Location: I have ad blocked my rep - so dont waste your time!

Oh how I love you people! You are so misguided, you sound like my mum!

People have this rosy idea of life in previous times. Well sorry to burst your bubble, but compared to previous centuries, modern times are the safest and most moral periods yet!!!!

Go on, invent a time machine and go back to your supposedly safer and nicer times, and see how you get on.

Let's see, you can choose from times of religous war, centuries of religous persecutoin of the most violent type available.

Child prostitution the norm, kids up chimneys, down mines, you name it.

Come on, let's return to those lovely times eh? And we can all go to church on sunday to thank our compassionate loving God for all those niceities that we have got rid of to live in our horrible, immoral present.

Geezer
common sense, i think half the problem here is the large number of males between 20-30.....they feel all grown up and its their first chance to give it the "it werent like this in my day" speech.

in reality, if i had to pick a time to be born in the UK it would be between 1970 - now ahead of ANY other time. As i was born in 73 i am very happy with where it plonked me in time.

be interested which year the "its getting worse" people would choose?

Rhino
Old 14 May 2006, 11:24 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Suresh, believe me you would not enjoy another world war!

It is absolutely true that when this was still a mainly God fearing country, family life was strong, children were brought up in a responsible manner, although there were always a few "bad apples", and everyone was happier too. It does not matter which particular faith it was, people still respected each other as people rather than as a competitor to be beaten at all costs.

Greed and acquisitive behaviour as we have now have done nothing but ruin life in a country which used to be second to none as a pleasant place to live even if the standard of living was lower.

Les
Old 14 May 2006, 11:36 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

oooohh an 11yr old pregnant.....

So what !

It's because of religion we deem that as wrong, imorral, disgusting.. whatever.

Do you really think the human that has evloved over the last however many thousand years could get pregnant if it wasn't ready to do so !!!

Andy
Old 14 May 2006, 11:54 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fuzz
oooohh an 11yr old pregnant.....

So what !

It's because of religion we deem that as wrong, imorral, disgusting.. whatever.

Do you really think the human that has evloved over the last however many thousand years could get pregnant if it wasn't ready to do so !!!

Andy
I take it this is deliberately provocative Fuzz
Old 15 May 2006, 11:07 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Although I think that 11 years is in modern society is not right to be pregnant for a numbers of reason, in boilogical terms it's perfectly natural to be bearing children once you reach sexual maturity.

Adolescents having children is a natural state of affairs in human history, and our repugnence is a very recent thing.

Geezer
Old 15 May 2006, 11:09 AM
Reality
BANNED

Although I think that 11 years is in modern society is not right to be pregnant for a numbers of reason, in boilogical terms it's perfectly natural to be bearing children once you reach sexual maturity.
Are you a Priest
Old 15 May 2006, 11:43 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Belief in God only pulls people together if you believe in the same religion....
Exactly. That is why we *must* all convert to being Islams now.

Quick Reply: Society's problems all down to a 'Godless' society