Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

School bullies

Search this Thread

Old 09 May 2006, 01:39 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default School bullies

Just had to pick my 12 year old son up from school because he's the victim of 2 school bullies.

He came home yesterday with a black eye and a broken tooth but didn't seem too bothered.

However he was very reluctant to go to school this morning.

Got a phone call from the school this morning saying that my son was ill and could I please collect him.

Turns out there's 2 boys (who are part of a larger gang) that have been making threats over the past month. Yesterday one of the boys actually hit my son, who reported it.

I've spoken to the school who are looking into the matter and have already contacted one of the boys parents.

The school also say they will involve the police if the matter gets worse.

Just wondered if there's anything else i could/should be doing...
Old 09 May 2006, 01:41 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

not a lot else you can do other than involve the police yourself and not wait for the school to make this move. thing is these bullies can promise to leave him alone if threatened with the police but as soon as time goes by, the bullying could restart. anyhow they assaulted your son, i'd want revenge so i say ring the police
Old 09 May 2006, 01:42 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Find out why they were bullying him and try to rectify it.
Old 09 May 2006, 01:43 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stew911
not a lot else you can do other than involve the police yourself and not wait for the school to make this move. thing is these bullies can promise to leave him alone if threatened with the police but as soon as time goes by, the bullying could restart. anyhow they assaulted your son, i'd want revenge so i say ring the police
No dont contact the police as there is stilla group of other boys who wont be very happy.
Old 09 May 2006, 01:50 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

but they asaulted the poor thing, they surely should not be allowed to get away with it?
i kicked a boy in the goolies when i was a kid and had to have the slipper in front of the whole school as punishment and when i was in high school i got suspended for slapping a lad cause he was taking the mick out of some disabled bloke on the bus home. have they suspended these kids by the way love?
Old 09 May 2006, 01:54 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Get that old woman that the cops arrested the other day to go round and sort em out, she is already going down for ABH so a few more slaps won't make any difference.

And as her sentances will run concurrently she will only ever serve one sentance no matter how many she does in
Old 09 May 2006, 01:58 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stew911
but they asaulted the poor thing, they surely should not be allowed to get away with it?
i kicked a boy in the goolies when i was a kid and had to have the slipper in front of the whole school as punishment and when i was in high school i got suspended for slapping a lad cause he was taking the mick out of some disabled bloke on the bus home. have they suspended these kids by the way love?
Trust me they wont get much punishment from the police. If it even reaches the courts it will be a warning and like a £30 pound fine.

Best way to make sure it doesnt happen is to have a friendly word with the parents and getting the boys to shake hands afterwards, like they did in the good old fashioned days,
Old 09 May 2006, 02:00 PM
Reality
BANNED

Contact the Police.

The School will do **** all - but they'll take a year to do it.

If you know who's assaulted your son get the police to sort them out.
Old 09 May 2006, 02:07 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately, you'll never eradicate school bullying. Threw the generations this has gone on. I should know, I hate to admit it, but I was a school bully. Although I did it all myself, 2 onto 1 is unfair, and indeed whenever I saw someone getting picked on by more than 1 person, I'd always go and help out, making them the victims. Obviously I'm not like that now, but back in Senior school I did weights, and martial arts. It all went to my head I'm afraid to say. Come the 5th year though I'd seen sense and stopped. Even apologized to the one's I'd picked on.

Phoning the police, as said above will probably just make things worse, as their mate's will just take it out of your boy. They might even go after him after school.
My advise would be to either move schools or get your boy down to some self defense classes. Does he hang around in a big group of friends?? Getting him to socialize more and gaining a larger group of friends will put the bullies off no end. 2 against 10 ...... they wouldn't dare, especially if your son's group contains girls. Girls defend with there mouths, it's amazing just how many insults they can hurl at someone.
Old 09 May 2006, 02:07 PM
skoda_kid
Scooby Regular

How about sending your kid for some sort of self-defence lessons? Teach him how to look after himself.

Matt
Old 09 May 2006, 02:09 PM
skoda_kid
Scooby Regular

My advise would be to either move schools or get your boy down to some self defense classes.
Bugger. You beat me to it
Old 09 May 2006, 02:09 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

get your son and his mates to catch up with each of these lads one at a time on their own, then they won't think they can just push anyone around that they feel like without consequences.
That is what the world (the UK at least) is missing, consequences for our actions.
Old 09 May 2006, 02:13 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Group of mates is the best way to protect yourself in a schol enviroment. Help me out no end against pikeys.

If sending to self defence classes do boxing or kick boxing. Dont bother with that MA bull.

Moving schools could work but depending on his character he could just become the victim of bullying whereever he goes.

Image and appearance can make people get bullied so if moving school maybe work on that.
Old 09 May 2006, 02:16 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I really think it's all about groups. A child who seems distant to others will always lend him/herself to being the one bullied. The bullies obviously are hanging around in a big group, they are maybe just picking on your son, as he is alone, or only has 1 or 2 friends.

Just to say as well, i only became a bully after years of 4 eye comments. When I got to senior school I told myself that if anyone called me that, or made comments regarding me wearing classes, they'd end up on their @rse. It just carried on from there.
Old 09 May 2006, 02:23 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
Trust me they wont get much punishment from the police. If it even reaches the courts it will be a warning and like a £30 pound fine.

Best way to make sure it doesnt happen is to have a friendly word with the parents and getting the boys to shake hands afterwards, like they did in the good old fashioned days,
i hate to blow your bubble but the good old days don't exist anymore and the parents could turn out o be just as bad as the kids.
Old 09 May 2006, 02:29 PM
The Knives are out
Scooby Regular

Location: They may be out, but work "mates" keep thrusting them back in :o(

Ask for the Schools Anti Bullying Policy

Usually makes the School sit up and take action

Make sure they follow the procedures

If they don't speak to the LA who will take action

As for some the advice above however self defence classes are great character building tools

The Police will only have little us as there does not appear to be any witnesses

HTH
Old 09 May 2006, 02:30 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

well failing that give the lads a revenge kicking. see how they like it?
Old 09 May 2006, 02:43 PM
Reality
BANNED

Self defence classes will probably end up with your son getting stabbed.

The old days of sorting bullies out by standing up to them are long gone .

Plenty of kids have ended up dead as a direct result of waiting for Schools anti-bullying policies to stop the bullies.

If the Police do nothing - find out who the bullies are and get someone top sort them out !
Old 09 May 2006, 04:03 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I'll see what the rest of the week brings. The boys concerned know the matter has been reported, and one of the boys parents have been informed.

I'll be contacting the police for advice, and will also ask for a copy of the school's anti bullying policy.
Old 09 May 2006, 04:15 PM
stew911
Scooby Regular

contact the lea as well love, cause knowing schools they didn't report it them.
Old 09 May 2006, 04:15 PM
Reality
BANNED

Default Interesting reading

http://www.bullyonline.org/schoolbully/myths.htm
Old 09 May 2006, 04:37 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Reporting bullying all the time does work, but it could leave a child with not many friends and not popular at all. There are several ways to stop bullying but everycase is different. The best place to make sure it doesnt happen in the future is to see why it might have happened the first time round.

From my school days kids wouldnt just go up to the class geek and punch him. That would only happen if theyd been running off theyre mouth about something, could that have happened?
Old 09 May 2006, 05:07 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Talking

The only time a school bully came on to me, I just took it for a while hoping he would get bored and go away. It was only niggling little stuff but my tactics didn't work and he kept on.

After a few days of bottling it up I went mad all of a sudden punching him in the head over and over and wouldn't let up even when he was rolling on the floor.

Matey boy ran home crying and wouldn't come to school for a few days.

I got a bollocking off the headmaster but since I was normally top of the class and well behaved and the other guy was a cheeky little ****** thug off a council estate, I think the head master was a bit tongue in cheek, secretly pleased that someone had finally stood up to the junior knacker.

Anyway I was ****ting it for a few days that he'd come back for me one breaktime with some of his dodgy broken home pikey mates but he never did. Infact he never came near me again.

Not sure what the moral of this storey is but a short temper, blowing a fuse and spur of the moment unbridled rage seemed to get me out of a sticky situation.
Old 09 May 2006, 05:15 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Reporting bullying all the time does work, but it could leave a child with not many friends and not popular at all. There are several ways to stop bullying but everycase is different. The best place to make sure it doesnt happen in the future is to see why it might have happened the first time round.

From my school days kids wouldnt just go up to the class geek and punch him. That would only happen if theyd been running off theyre mouth about something, could that have happened?
my son says he has done nothing to provoke the attack.

the only thing i can put it down to is because he's the new boy (we moved and he changed schools last December)

i did suggest to my son that he stand up to the bullies and hit back and his reply was "but Mum, everyone will call me a racist, these boys are Asian"

i suspect that its the Asian boys who are racist, but have no proof and i am reluctant to make the accusation...
Old 09 May 2006, 05:25 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Ah new school. I was in that position once. Is the school mainly white or asian? Muslims or other religions. If theyre not muslims a nice calm chat to theyre parents will give those kids a good bollocking. Not too sure how the parents will react if theyre muslim though.

Also how many of them are there?

Best think to do is see if your son can keep a low profile and away from them whilst he makes some new friends, but make sure he stays confident.

If its still happening then revenge might be on the cards, might want to find out a bit about the kids before you do though, they might have older brothers. If they do have older brothers that are about 16 and older im sure a quick chat asking him to kindly leave your son alone could also work.
Old 09 May 2006, 05:26 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Kinky
my son says he has done nothing to provoke the attack.

the only thing i can put it down to is because he's the new boy (we moved and he changed schools last December)

i did suggest to my son that he stand up to the bullies and hit back and his reply was "but Mum, everyone will call me a racist, these boys are Asian"

i suspect that its the Asian boys who are racist, but have no proof and i am reluctant to make the accusation...
Unfortunately your son's fcuked. Sorry. The school will be scared to say anything to these boys, let alone suspend/expelled. All they will then say is that they are the victims of the racist headmaster. It's goes to the press, the headmaster loses his job, etc, etc.
We only had a couple black pupils in my school, and god, they annoyed everyone cos as soon as they got caught doing anything wrong, even if it was with a bunch of other kids (He was in my group of friends) he used to spring the Racist card. "Your only picking on me cos I'm Black" While the rest of us would get a Rollicking or detention, he would get off Scot free.

He did get the odd punch off people for saying that.
Old 09 May 2006, 05:28 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Ah new school. I was in that position once. Is the school mainly white or asian? Muslims or other religions. If theyre not muslims a nice calm chat to theyre parents will give those kids a good bollocking. Not too sure how the parents will react if theyre muslim though.

Also how many of them are there?

Best think to do is see if your son can keep a low profile and away from them whilst he makes some new friends, but make sure he stays confident.

If its still happening then revenge might be on the cards, might want to find out a bit about the kids before you do though, they might have older brothers. If they do have older brothers that are about 16 and older im sure a quick chat asking him to kindly leave your son alone could also work.
school is very multi cultural, but is mainly Asian...

He has made a couple of friends - will ask if they have older brothers....
Old 09 May 2006, 05:29 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Unfortunately your son's fcuked.
i had already come to that conclusion... will wait and see what the school do next...
Old 09 May 2006, 05:33 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Don't think I'd like to be at a school where being white is a minority group
Old 09 May 2006, 05:35 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Yeah your son will have little rights. Reminds me of the time me and my friends, of which we where a multi racial group, had a fight with a group of somalians and other muslims. They outnumbered us nearly 3 to 1 yet the school excluded us because theyre parents brought in some kind of authority that deals with racism in school, and said they would sue if we didnt get kicked out. Funny thing is they brought knives to school and didnt get as harsh a penalty as us, and it wasnt racist because we had muslims in our group aswell. Although we did start it but they didnt have no evidence of that, and theyre group had confrontations every other week.

Quick Reply: School bullies