ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Fecking Estate Agents (a slight rant) (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/51237-fecking-estate-agents-a-slight-rant.html)

Lime 26 October 2001 02:19 PM

I hope all estate agents become impotent and go bald in the time it takes for them to get home today! I am seriously P155£D off with these low life bunch of parasitic bottom feeders. &*(%$%*&$%^*%^*(^)*(&)*&%^&%^$%%£^%*&%^*)&^()*&_(& *_&*_)*(_(*&^&&^%%^$!"£"££$"&^$*%(*&^)(*&
Can we have a vote to bring back the stocks as these cretins are the most deserving out of all of life's slimeballs!!!

If you are an estate agent how do you sleep at night with the SH!T you feckin guys pull????????

SWRTWannabe 26 October 2001 04:28 PM

Couldn't agree more. Not naming names but there is a certain estate agency in Wokingham (edited by Moderator) which have only one interest - making money. (They have apparently admitted to the people in our chain that they are only interested in the money and couldn't give a stuff about the livelihoods of the people they are dealing with - probably the first time they have been honest)

It's got to the point that we are very close to pulling out of the purchase of a house. Feel sorry for the people we are buying off as they and their estate agents have been really good - it's the money grabbing low life further up the chain that has caused the problems.

Sorry to hear you're having probs - hope they get resolved soon.

Here's an idea - book an appointment to view all their really expensive properties, and make them sound like you are really interested. After they have done some real bottom kissing to get you to put an offer in, tell them you can't afford them really and only looked for a laugh! ;)

[Edited by Diablo - 10/26/2001 4:41:11 PM]

Diablo 26 October 2001 04:43 PM

Guys, have a rant, but lets not be naming names, even by initials, without stating factual grounds.

Cheers

D

RichB 26 October 2001 04:45 PM

I'll second what Lime said! LOL

I actually used the fiannce of my step sister and he was worse than all the others!

How some of these people can justy their fees is beyond me [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

SWRTWannabe 26 October 2001 04:48 PM

My apologies Diablo - certainly didn't mean to break any rules or cause offence - guess I just just got a bit over enthusiastic ranting - goes to show how fed up we are with the whole process. :(

Shame there are estate agents like this who give others a bad name - I have dealt with other estate agents who have been really helpful

ScoobyDoo555 27 October 2001 10:23 AM

I'm in the same position - we were ready to move next Friday. Had a phone call from my solicitors saying that the Friday is off due due a 'hitch' further down the chain - one of the solicitors hasn't lifted a finger for 3 f*^kin' months!!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

In all fairness to my solicitor and estate agents, they've been bang on - a first, I might add. Even the people we're buying off - brilliant.

As you say, it's further down the chain that the incompetance is astounding!!!!

As it stands, we're relocating (60 miles away) so my wife's got a new job, and I live down there with my parents at present. We're starting to get a bit stressed!!!

Time for my rant - solicitors. Why pick up the phone for an immediate answer, followed by a fax for written confirmation, when a full-blown letter will do and add a week on to the precedings!!!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
They're qualified up to the gills, yet have NO common sense at all.
Example - solicitor calls ME to tell me to call the estate agent to find out what's going on!!!! HELLO!!!?!?!?!?! Cal them yourselves - I don't want to know about the problems. I want it done. That's why I'm paying you an extortionate amount of money!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

My dad summed it up in 2 phrases - F.As (Funking Academics!!!!!) and the "Tail wagging the dog!" :D:D:D

Before anybody gets their ar$e in their hand, I'm an F.A too, but if you've worked in industry, you tend to have common sense drilled into you. I'm 28.

Anyways, rant over - I'm to try an rub off the word "cnut" off my forehead.....

Still, nice to see there are others in the same position.

Dan

Tiggs 27 October 2001 11:09 AM

SWRTWannabe, i wonder who you mentioned- im about to buy/sell in wokingham so it would be handy to know, via email of course;)

Tiggs

jamesa 27 October 2001 02:08 PM

Lime

I totally agree..........they are a breed apart. We have been put off several times when looking to buy - their inefficient; inconsiderate and pathetic business conduct is a disgrace.

Thankfully we have never had to use them to sell as we found a decent solicitor years ago and we just advertise ourselves and keep involved.

Cheers