What will change???

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2006, 04:29 PM
the big yim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What will change???

I am moving in with my girlfriend of eight years on tuesday
What will change when we move in? or will it all stay the same?
I am 23 and she is 24 if this makes a difference.
This is our first house too
Old 27 April 2006, 04:31 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

The size of her knickers will go from small to parachutes.

I am in the same position as you, been with gf for 8 years and moved into our first place 2 months ago.

Its pretty much all good, except you will find that you row over some real stupid stuff.

Our latest was "honey and mustard chicken". By the end of the row I would have jumped in the bath with our toaster!

Oh yes, one other thing - you will get a to do list every week, it never stops....
Old 27 April 2006, 04:35 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Just lay down some ground rules before you move in.
1. You will do the dishes if she lets you do her up the @rse weekly.
2. You will leave the seat down only if she gives you head daily.
3. If she doesnt do any of the above you will **** her mother monthly.

Old 27 April 2006, 04:36 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

less ******* now

and you have to ask if you are allowed out with your mates

you have to learn new procedures - most important is the toilet seat procedure - If she complains that you leave it up, leave it down the next time and **** on it. That should shut her up
Old 27 April 2006, 04:39 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
Oh yes, one other thing - you will get a to do list every week, it never stops....

Learn to procrastine
Old 27 April 2006, 04:40 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I was going to learn to procrastinate, but I couldn't be bothered, so I keep putting it off. Is it useful?
Old 27 April 2006, 04:41 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

The nagging will start, you'll have kids and then die. That's the rest of your life for you.

Trending Topics

Old 27 April 2006, 04:45 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by KiwiGTI
The nagging will start, you'll have kids and then die. That's the rest of your life for you.
group buy on mass suicide pact anyone?
Old 27 April 2006, 04:47 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fast bloke
I was going to learn to procrastinate, but I couldn't be bothered, so I keep putting it off. Is it useful?
I'll let you know tomorrow
Old 27 April 2006, 04:50 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by fast bloke
less ******* now

and you have to ask if you are allowed out with your mates

you have to learn new procedures - most important is the toilet seat procedure - If she complains that you leave it up, leave it down the next time and **** on it. That should shut her up

<nods>
Old 27 April 2006, 04:53 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Old 27 April 2006, 04:56 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Funny, my girlfriend has just asked me to move in with her .

We both own our own flats, mine is in town but hers is bigger and within walking distance to my workplace, so I'd rather live at hers. I was thinking I should rent my flat out, but not sure what to do with my stuff! Don't really want to sell my belongings in case it all goes wrong.

Has anyone else been in this situation & what did you do? We've only been together about 7 months.
Old 27 April 2006, 05:01 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

When i first moved out and in with the missus (I was 22) i found

1 i had no money left because it all went on bills
2 That washing does not magically do itself and if it doesn't get done you will be nagged until you wish you were dead.
3 Sex is less fun when you dont have the risk of her old man barging in and ripping your head off ,so you dont get it as much.
4 Your gf will put on at least a stone,and she will start to act like her mum.
5 Looking at **** on the PC will become a deadly game of cat and mouse,no longer will you be able to shut your door and knock one off, you will be watching that door like a hawk paranoid that any second it will burst open and she will catch you looking at filth.
6You will no longer have sole control over the TV remote,and after watching 2 hours of friends solid, mowing the wilderness that is the garden will look very appealing.

Needless to say i moved out 4 months after.

Plenty more stuff you will miss but sure someone else will enlighten you
Old 27 April 2006, 05:14 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
When i first moved out and in with the missus (I was 22) i found

1 i had no money left because it all went on bills
2 That washing does not magically do itself and if it doesn't get done you will be nagged until you wish you were dead.
3 Sex is less fun when you dont have the risk of her old man barging in and ripping your head off ,so you dont get it as much.
4 Your gf will put on at least a stone,and she will start to act like her mum.
5 Looking at **** on the PC will become a deadly game of cat and mouse,no longer will you be able to shut your door and knock one off, you will be watching that door like a hawk paranoid that any second it will burst open and she will catch you looking at filth.
6You will no longer have sole control over the TV remote,and after watching 2 hours of friends solid, mowing the wilderness that is the garden will look very appealing.

Needless to say i moved out 4 months after.

Plenty more stuff you will miss but sure someone else will enlighten you
How accurate that is - is scary!
Old 27 April 2006, 05:20 PM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are at the end of all your problems.................................The wrong end
Old 27 April 2006, 05:26 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Andy McCord
you are at the end of all your problems.................................The wrong end

also All those habits she has that you thought were quirky will drive you mental, she will wreck your razor then deny any knowledge of it and if you **** with the toilet seat down wipe any spillage,or she will whine till the end of time.

Hope it goes well
Old 27 April 2006, 05:28 PM
watto52
Scooby Regular

those shopping trips are no longer enjoyable, no more computer shops, but clothes and perfume

best of luck
Old 27 April 2006, 07:11 PM
the big yim
Scooby Regular

thanks for the good news
Old 27 April 2006, 07:28 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

Old 27 April 2006, 10:30 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

My, how you lot suffer.
Glad I'm with Mrs. Vegescoob.
Moved in together in the days when that was very avant garde.
None of the problems above.

Old 27 April 2006, 10:55 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great thread. Won't take long before she starts to try to influence your money and your spending habits e.g. gadgets & cars. Open up a joint current account for bills etc. and agree upfront what each of you should pay into it. The rest of your money/income stays under your control and what you do with it isn't open to discussion.

I'm paying 70% of what I earn into our joint account, but there's more than enough over for toys etc.

Suresh
Old 28 April 2006, 07:07 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

You wont have to get out of bed to go home .........
Old 28 April 2006, 09:27 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Funny thread, and accurate

One piece of advice - keep hold of separate bank accounts. When we first moved in, we setup a "house bank account" which pays for all bills, mortgage, food etc and we each DD a set amount into this account each month.

Some find it odd that we do this when married, but it saves so many arguments when I can buy my own stuff - not too sure the Mrs would agree spending £300 on Samco hoses
Old 28 April 2006, 09:33 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver

One piece of advice - keep hold of separate bank accounts. When we first moved in, we setup a "house bank account" which pays for all bills, mortgage, food etc and we each DD a set amount into this account each month.

Some find it odd that we do this when married, but it saves so many arguments when I can buy my own stuff - not too sure the Mrs would agree spending £300 on Samco hoses

Thats exactly what we have done - although I am playing the "I'm skint" card - there still seems to be enough money in my account to fund a new set of golf clubs

On a serious note though, it is much better being in your own place - you will find you become more house proud as the pixies that used to do all the work no longer do.

You will find yourself saying things that you would have never though would pass your lips, such as "What do you think of the ivy on the wall? Should we remove it?"

Sharing the remote control blows, dont get sky plus otherwise you will end up with, the OC, Desperate Housewives, ER, This Morning, and all sorts of other rubbish stored on there so that no matter what time of the day / night it is there will always be sonething she wants to watch.
Old 28 April 2006, 09:36 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

hehe, this is funny. i don't get any of these probs.

i cook fab meals, do the washing up and make us both a cappuccino each morning. the washing is a small miracle that passes me by. we don't have a tv, so no remote control commando issues.

my ex wife was a nagging pile of fugly sh!te, so i'm totally happy now with yummy gf
Old 28 April 2006, 10:06 AM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

You are all missing the vital information here:

He is 23 and his women is his girlfirend of 8 years.

That means, "Run for your life", you need to sew your wild oats a bit more yet.

Actually, scratch that. You've been together for 8 years already, so the seven year itch will come almost straight after you move in together.
Old 28 April 2006, 10:25 AM
sbk1972
Scooby Regular

IWatkins - Spot on that man.

The Big Yim - 8 years ! I was with an ex for 7 years (19 - 26 ) until we parted. I would say at 23/24 your wasting your youth on one girl. Not until we parted that I realised how much fun being single was and how different every girl is. Now at 34, I look about at my **** years with great affection, taste and likes now at 34, are totally different then when I was 26.

Look at it this way, would you stick with the same car for 8 years ? Variety is the spice of life my friend, and whilst your young, any holes a goal !

I moved in with my g/f 8 months ago, and I hate it. Lost all the fun / sparks and has become routine / dull. Made me realise that living on your own is heaven. Also, I had to give up my sneaky ***** I had around my area as my g/f is with me 100% of the time :-(. Thank god she works away some nights :-)

However, saying all this, if your happy and excited, then I all I can do is wish you the best :-)

SBK
Old 28 April 2006, 11:17 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Bad move.

Not moving in with her, but moving in just before the World cup - what were you thinking???

Should've waited till mid July IMO
Old 28 April 2006, 11:21 AM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver

Amen to that

Now that we are married and moving home etc I have finally come round to having one big account. Its got multiple saving pots with things like 'his car' and 'her sodding haircuts' lol
Old 28 April 2006, 10:26 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I had serious problems when I moved in with my girlfrind. She does not Iron anywhere near as well as my mums ironing lady and frankly her exscuses that the iron is rubbish just don't cut it. She does however keep note of which are my favourite shirts of the moment and keeps them cleaned amnd ironed accordingly. Her cooking though is rubbish compared to the chefs or my mothers, its like prison food. She also keeps trying to save money and buys food with tesco value written on it. She has accepted now that I won't eat that crap and i force her to eat in the restauant now but sometimes she goes shopping and some of that tesco value crap creeps back into the fridge. However she is very tolerant of my complete inability to look after myself and to be honest, why such a beautiful amazing girl would put up with me I have no idea.

Last edited by Luan Pra bang; 28 April 2006 at 11:48 PM.

Quick Reply: What will change???