Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

peugeot deals

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2006, 07:58 PM
robby1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default peugeot deals

put a deposit down on a peugeot 1.4 urban,good deal from peugeot,free insurance,ect ect.
anyway,dealer phoned me today and said that they have no more left in this country,they have to get it from france 3 weeks waiting,just one question,will it still be classed as a uk car ,not a import
help would be appreciated
thanks rob

Last edited by robby1; 18 April 2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 18 April 2006, 08:03 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Old 18 April 2006, 08:11 PM
ethanrob
Scooby Regular

my mother bought a fiesta st a few weeks back,she wanted it with the red dash trim jobbie,dealer had to source the car from the spain factory,does it make the car a euro import!!!!!!! NO its supplied by a uk dealer so 3 year warranty given,just because the car is made in europe does not affect your warranty rights from a main dealer,and besides peugeots are french car's the last time i checked,but rest assured you will get all the uk spec issues with the pug(in and out of the dealership every other week for warranty work )

i had a 307 xsi a few years back,delivery mileage by the time it had done four thousand miles it had been in for six recall safety notices
Old 18 April 2006, 09:01 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

wouldn't buy a Peugeot if you paid me! especially after hearing they're pulling out of the country.
Old 18 April 2006, 09:01 PM
robby1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ethanrob
my mother bought a fiesta st a few weeks back,she wanted it with the red dash trim jobbie,dealer had to source the car from the spain factory,does it make the car a euro import!!!!!!! NO its supplied by a uk dealer so 3 year warranty given,just because the car is made in europe does not affect your warranty rights from a main dealer,and besides peugeots are french car's the last time i checked,but rest assured you will get all the uk spec issues with the pug(in and out of the dealership every other week for warranty work )

i had a 307 xsi a few years back,delivery mileage by the time it had done four thousand miles it had been in for six recall safety notices
thanks for that,understand it abit more now

Last edited by robby1; 18 April 2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 18 April 2006, 09:28 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Miss Kinky
wouldn't buy a Peugeot if you paid me! especially after hearing they're pulling out of the country.
That is hardly Peugeots fault is it? the interview on the BBC news was pretty honest and upfront, the french guy said it was to expensive and not financial viable for them to make cars in the UK anymore.

Personally I think you should be looking to blame the UK Government for this and not a French company.

All the British car companies have gone bust and closed down because it is to expensive to build cars in the UK so why should the French be blamed for pulling out aswell? Just look at Browns Lane Jag plant, Dagenham Ford plant, the Longbridge Rover plant etc

And no I am not a German I am a Brit and I still think like this.
Old 18 April 2006, 10:22 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
That is hardly Peugeots fault is it? the interview on the BBC news was pretty honest and upfront, the french guy said it was to expensive and not financial viable for them to make cars in the UK anymore.

Personally I think you should be looking to blame the UK Government for this and not a French company.

All the British car companies have gone bust and closed down because it is to expensive to build cars in the UK so why should the French be blamed for pulling out aswell? Just look at Browns Lane Jag plant, Dagenham Ford plant, the Longbridge Rover plant etc

And no I am not a German I am a Brit and I still think like this.
And why is this? Because due to strong unions in the past the workers are paid too much. Just like the miners they have priced themselves out of the market. What has the government got to do with it? They are private companies.

Don't worry robby1 it will be fine - just will be left hand drive