Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

UNITED 93

Search this Thread

Old 06 April 2006, 05:56 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UNITED 93

Just seen a trailer for this film. I didn't realise it was coming out so sonn.

I saw a high budget TV movie called FLIGHT 93 at the beginning of this year, and have never felt so involved, and had such a strong reaction to, a television programme before.

Hopefully the film will give an even better account.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/101879/united_93
Old 06 April 2006, 06:04 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Interesting choice- united 93 was the one that crashed in pennsylvania after passengers stormed the cockpit- or was shot down depending on who you believe. Looks like they have done a decent enough job from the trailer...

Will be interesting to see how the Americans react to it....and the forthcoming other film about the WTC.
Old 06 April 2006, 07:54 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

The trailers already been pulled from cinemas in NYC. The public there just aint ready for it, apparently.

Am i right in thinking Oliver Stone is shooting a movie all about 9/11, based around some firemen who were in the Towers when they collapsed, but survived?
Old 06 April 2006, 10:21 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan

Am i right in thinking Oliver Stone is shooting a movie all about 9/11, based around some firemen who were in the Towers when they collapsed, but survived?
Yep- thats the one that I was referring to.
Going to go down like a pork pie at a bar mitzvah that one.

Put it this way- I visit new york at least once a month.. its definately not forgotten- especially with all the legal crap about the new towers going on in the media every day, and of course just a whopping empty space downtown to remind everyone further. With all my friends there its kind of the one thing you dont mention, lots of people are still pretty pissed off and upset as they were directly affected by it. Of course I can only speak for what I see and know in New york- but if thats the general feeling in the rest of the US then it wont do very well.
Old 06 April 2006, 11:18 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps we should film one about 9/11 (actually 11/9 over here), where some British guys avert the disaster by overpowering the Hijackers with with good old British reserve, extreme sarcasm and slapstick, Obviously Hugh Laurie can act a bit dim and Hugh Grant can stutter a lot, perhaps cameos from Ricky Gervais, Ricky Tomlinson (Hijack My ****) and Helen Mirren distracting the baddies with her baps ?
Old 07 April 2006, 12:48 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Freak
Yep- thats the one that I was referring to.
Going to go down like a pork pie at a bar mitzvah that one.

Put it this way- I visit new york at least once a month.. its definately not forgotten- especially with all the legal crap about the new towers going on in the media every day, and of course just a whopping empty space downtown to remind everyone further. With all my friends there its kind of the one thing you dont mention, lots of people are still pretty pissed off and upset as they were directly affected by it. Of course I can only speak for what I see and know in New york- but if thats the general feeling in the rest of the US then it wont do very well.
Yeah, it is a sore and very sensitive subject, but FLIGHT 93 was on A&E (a fair sized cable channel) in Feb I think, well publicised and it was very well made. Didn't hear any bad fall out from that.

Obviously very distressing and upsetting even for someone like me not directly affected, but in terms of powerful viewing, it was harrowing but well worth watching. I've heard more about the negative reaction to the upcoming films on Radio 1 and BBC World Service than I have from any local or national US media......... so far!
Old 07 April 2006, 09:03 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Great season, first title for 26 long years.