Flightplan

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2006, 10:32 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flightplan

Just watched this, film,

But now I cant wait to go on an A380 (what the plane in the film was obviously based on, A474), cant wait to go for a wander through the miles of interconnecting tunnels and doors above and below the passenger decks when looking for the kids, might have a play with the huge racks of computers stood eight feet tall in a not very space efficient way. I may even tamper with the whole electroncs system which is based on a 1930's telephone exchange !, I knew there was a use for all those old phono plugs other than Fender Stratocasters and Murray Walkers headphones, so if I unplug the in flight movie plug I can pipe through my own choice of viewing from my Iriver, I just hope those plugs dont fall out when they periodically shake the plane to remind us we are 36,000 feet up.

How thoughtful every toilet has access to restricted areas secured by a latch that can be broken with a slight tap, I am hoping I am not to big to fit in the 12 storey elevator that has been fitted.

I dont mind a bit of artistic licence, it doesnt have to conform to a Boeing operations manual but jesus what a load of crap.
Old 05 April 2006, 11:02 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not the best really is it !
Old 05 April 2006, 11:06 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Holes. holes all over the plot, wonder the damn thing didn't crash.
Yes I did once say, you should suspend belief in the search of entertainment ......BUT, I didn't have any rope strong enough for this one.
Yve
Old 06 April 2006, 08:01 AM
SD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Apparition
Holes. holes all over the plot, wonder the damn thing didn't crash.
Yes I did once say, you should suspend belief in the search of entertainment ......BUT, I didn't have any rope strong enough for this one.
Yve
I rather liked it.
Old 06 April 2006, 09:31 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Just watched this, film,

But now I cant wait to go on an A380 (what the plane in the film was obviously based on, A474), cant wait to go for a wander through the miles of interconnecting tunnels and doors above and below the passenger decks when looking for the kids, might have a play with the huge racks of computers stood eight feet tall in a not very space efficient way. I may even tamper with the whole electroncs system which is based on a 1930's telephone exchange !, I knew there was a use for all those old phono plugs other than Fender Stratocasters and Murray Walkers headphones, so if I unplug the in flight movie plug I can pipe through my own choice of viewing from my Iriver, I just hope those plugs dont fall out when they periodically shake the plane to remind us we are 36,000 feet up.

How thoughtful every toilet has access to restricted areas secured by a latch that can be broken with a slight tap, I am hoping I am not to big to fit in the 12 storey elevator that has been fitted.

I dont mind a bit of artistic licence, it doesnt have to conform to a Boeing operations manual but jesus what a load of crap.
Bit far fetched is it? I dont recommend Transporter 2 then, pile of steaming donkey ****.

I tried to rent Flightplan out on Sunday on a recommendation but they were all out, ended up with Lord Of War which I enjoyed actually
Old 06 April 2006, 09:34 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Myself and the missus watched this the other night and tbh didn't think it was too bad

I've seen a lot better and also a LOT worse films - wasn't exactly Oscar winning stuff but still not bad

EDITED: Just seen Davegtt's post.... I've um'd and ah'd over Lord of War so I think I'll get that one this weekend
Old 06 April 2006, 10:09 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Missus and I thought it was really good. 90mins or so of good entertainment.
Old 06 April 2006, 10:30 AM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Looked really good in the trailer, failed to deliver for the film must be said.
Old 06 April 2006, 11:02 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was fairly entertaining but just so innacurate as to spoil it, to much licence taken, didnt feal real, you can only suspend disbelief so far.

Lord of War was great though.
Old 06 April 2006, 12:42 PM
Cool Chick
Scooby Regular

I was quite looking forward to this film too but was very disappointed when I finally got round to watching it.....
Old 06 April 2006, 02:26 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Just watched this, film,

LOL!
Old 06 April 2006, 03:38 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Location: Lancaster/Manchester or stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in between

Hmmm, thought this looked quite interesting from the trailers, me and the missus were going to rent it this weekend

Lord Of War is a really good film I thought (even the missus thought so!), highly recommended
Old 06 April 2006, 04:01 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SD
I rather liked it.

Me too.
Old 06 April 2006, 04:21 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

It was utter cheese. Only watched it this week. Didnt she say she was a propulsion engineer? So that means she knows every inch of that plane including electrical wiring.

Laughable that they took her back to her seat after all her crap as well - the rest of the place would have lynched her.

Why the guy didnt just kill the daughter in the first place I dont know.

Phonebooth was confined to a couple of streets and funnily enough a phonebox but was far more entertaining IMHO.

Simon.