Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone know if/when Top Gear is back on TV?

Search this Thread

Old 02 April 2006, 06:55 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know if/when Top Gear is back on TV?

I'm getting a bit bored of the re-runs/Best of... etc. Please bring on a new series!
I've read that the producers have been looking for alternative airfields to give the show a facelift. One was turned down by the council due to local residents being worried about pollution This was close to the home of JC.

Anyone know when it's back on then?

Nick
Old 02 April 2006, 06:57 PM
Kev_turbo
Scooby Regular

They are looking for alternative venues as the owners of dunsfold have sold/selling the airfield for residential use as the planning they had on the site for track use is due to expire and will not be getting renewed.

Lets hope it is back soon though.

What do you think they will do with all the lap times etc?
Old 02 April 2006, 07:37 PM
ScoobaSteve
Scooby Regular

Think it returns around May time
Old 02 April 2006, 07:41 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kev_turbo
What do you think they will do with all the lap times etc?
They'll scrap them and start afresh with the new track. A good thing really, as there were too many times on the board by the end of last series.

Im looking forward to seeing it again too - I expect theyre filming 'road trips' as we speak, as I dont think there's any doubt it will return - has been hugely popular and rightly so IMO (even tho there seem to be plenty of people on here who slag it off every week, but seem to always watch it... )
Old 02 April 2006, 07:45 PM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Im Pretty sure i spotted Clarkson crushed into a White Triumph Stag in Solihull at the weekend..
In Fact a few people have spotted him around this area lately....Does he live around Warwickshire/West mids way??
Old 02 April 2006, 08:07 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatscoobyfella
Im Pretty sure i spotted Clarkson crushed into a White Triumph Stag in Solihull at the weekend..
In Fact a few people have spotted him around this area lately....Does he live around Warwickshire/West mids way??
Cotswolds.
Old 02 April 2006, 08:12 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

IIRC Clarkson always says he lives in Chipping Norton, between Banbury and Cheltenham. Might be BS though.

Would be good if they opened the show with maybe a 20 minute track-fest, where every current worthwhile performance car was given a blast on whatever the new track is, just to get the ball rolling again and set the benchmark.

There was a thread on here a couple of days ago with pics of James May in an amphibious car filming a feature for the new series.
Old 02 April 2006, 08:38 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Default don't panic - nothing will happen to Dunsfold for years yet.....

DUNSFOLD AERODROME

Noise Nuisance at Dunsfold Park. On 17th January Waverley Council served formal noise abatement notices on Dunsfold Park requiring that they 'Abate a nuisance created by both high performance cars or other motor vehicles on site and prevent its recurrence.' Dunsfold Park have lodged an appeal pending which Waverley will continue to respond to and assess complaints. Waverley's Team Leader (Pollution) asks that any residents with questions or requests for clarification should speak directly with Officers from the Pollution Team telephone: 523435.

Dunsfold Park Master Plan Consultation. The Chairman reported that Parish Councillors had attended a Dunsfold Park exhibition at Glebelands School on 15th February to inform local Councillors about Dunsfold Park's public consultation over the ensuing three days on their vision for the future of the Aerodrome. Dunsfold Park's presentation saw only 4 options: option 1 - to do nothing - which in their view would result in the site decaying and being broken up; option 2 would involve a significant expansion of existing commercial activity and option 3 a major increase in commercial aviation. Dunsfold Park's preference was for option 4, which was to develop a new settlement on the site. The presentation set out 3 possible 'new settlement' schemes, features common to each being: the erection of 2600 houses on some 300 acres of the site; 350 acres of lakes and parkland; an expanded business district, a primary school, health services and other local amenities; and a new connection with the A281. The presentation stated that this new development 'corresponded with Waverley's option 4 which is also a new settlement - but in their case no end date has been set.' The Parish Council would comment in due course on any planning application which might be put forward but the chairman said it was relevant to note: that the alternative options put forward by Dunsfold Park over which the new settlement option was preferred were not necessarily realistic in themselves or comprehensive; that Waverley had conducted a wide public consultation 2 years ago on policy options for supplementary Planning Guidance (SPG) for the site, amongst which a 'new settlement' option had not been favoured by the local villages including Dunsfold; that the new settlement option in Waverley's more recent consultation on overall Core Policies had not been favoured, nor had consideration of such option been site-specific to any site within Waverley; that indications were that a proposal to create in the countryside, rather than on urban land, what many might see as the equivalent of a small town of some 7000 persons in 2600 dwellings would require an exception to current planning policy and would need to be rigorously assessed under the criteria prevailing at the time of any application.

http://www.dunsfold.org/councilspage2.htm
Old 02 April 2006, 09:59 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Apparently they are in talks to use an old airfield near Clarksons home in Oxfordshire. There has been some fierce opposition from local residents and atm they have only been given a temporary permission to use their old base until 30th April..

The new series was/is supposed to be filmed in May.
Old 02 April 2006, 10:41 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

ok - first of all JC lives on the road between Charlbury and Chipping Norton. The airfield you keep talking about is Enstone, as you say, about 5 miles from Chippy. However there is no council permission to do a Dunsfold there - so you can stop talking about it

Old 03 April 2006, 07:39 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Their was a rumour JC was having a studio built near his home,taking this into account and that an airfield is quite close to him I could see this coming off.
Cheers
Colin
Old 03 April 2006, 09:12 AM
Karl 227
BANNED

Alternatively, you could read the post above yours
Old 03 April 2006, 09:31 AM
terryb
Scooby Regular

I heard that JC was going to buy Silverstone and Top Gear would be filmed there in the future
Old 03 April 2006, 11:51 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Here's to a speedy return I managed to endure 10 minutes of that joke of a car programme fifth gear and it was a 'best of', I'd rather saw off my bollox without anaesthetic than sit through another episode of that, complete garbage, the worst car tv show in the world...........EVER!

Gary
Old 03 April 2006, 01:17 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by terryb
I heard that JC was going to buy Silverstone and Top Gear would be filmed there in the future
but then the bell end's at BRDC had an argument, a vote of no confidence and it all fell through.
Old 03 April 2006, 01:31 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Top Gear can't return soon enough, there's **** all on, on Sunday nights now.
Old 03 April 2006, 01:45 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

whens Fifth Gear on, thats better
Old 03 April 2006, 01:46 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GaryK
fifth gear, the worst car tv show in the world...........EVER!
I think it may just get pushed into 2nd place by the last series before the axe fell on C4's Driven There are some truly awful shows on Sky/Cable too. Anything with Ginny Buckley (IIRC) in for a start.
Old 03 April 2006, 01:52 PM
wrx-ian
Scooby Regular

http://www.skyone.co.uk/programme/pg...me.aspx?pid=71

anyone seen this prog advertised on Sky one. Prob be a load of pants, seems like they are trying to copy Top Gear format.
Be worth checking out
Old 03 April 2006, 02:20 PM
Sub97
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mickywrx
Top Gear can't return soon enough, there's **** all on, on Sunday nights now.
You not a fan of 24 then mate?
Old 03 April 2006, 04:23 PM
Scooby Regular

It's got that **** BRENDAN COOGAN in, so sure to be ****e.

Originally Posted by wrx-ian
http://www.skyone.co.uk/programme/pg...me.aspx?pid=71

anyone seen this prog advertised on Sky one. Prob be a load of pants, seems like they are trying to copy Top Gear format.
Be worth checking out
Old 03 April 2006, 04:50 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Wink

<homer simpson mode on> MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm Liiiiiiiisa Rogers http://www.skyone.co.uk/programme/pgecastprofile.aspx?pid=71&cid=65<homer simpson mode off>
Old 03 April 2006, 06:47 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Of course JC would want it filmed near Oxfordsire, it costs him a fortune to drive down to the big smoke all the time
Old 03 April 2006, 07:33 PM
jfrf
Scooby Regular

fifth gear isnt that bad.
both programmes have their share of crap features.

the good news is that 5th gear returns next monday at 8pm
Old 03 April 2006, 07:37 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Fifth Gear has some good presenters. i.e. Tiff, Vicky B-H, and Jason P. They can all drive. They just need a better team of producers to give the show a good format.

The show with all the Supercars last week was good. Especially the one with Jason in the Zonda F

Nick
Old 03 April 2006, 07:53 PM
jfrf
Scooby Regular

no more stupid lamppost/barrier crash tests please!!!!!!
Old 03 April 2006, 08:39 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by skoobidude
Fifth Gear has some good presenters. i.e. Tiff, Vicky B-H, and Jason P. They can all drive. They just need a better team of producers to give the show a good format.

The show with all the Supercars last week was good. Especially the one with Jason in the Zonda F

Nick
Problem - they are about as entertaining as watching planks of wood.
Old 03 April 2006, 08:52 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

I liked Jason Plato, the review of the M3 was rather good considering not once during the entire feature was the car not going sideways.

LMAO at the Evo7 feature with Plato driving and Butler-Henderson & Brewer as passengers - they were absolutely bricking it and I'm suprised it hasnt ended up on one of Dennis Nordon's shows. He did a handbrake turn and the 2 of them jumped out before Plato took off again with a sadistic laugh.