Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How long until terror attacks are a regular occurrence in the UK?....

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2006, 07:58 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How long until terror attacks are a regular occurrence in the UK?....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4829538.stm

The Police have done well to foil so many planned attacks, but as we saw in London last summer, they cant prevent them all.

IMO its only a matter of time until bombing because a fairly regular thing. There seems to be no shortage of muslims ready to die for the cause, and keen to kill as many infidels as possible

I'd be very surprised if we get to the end of the summer and there hasnt been another fairly major attack public transport, pubs, clubs
Old 21 March 2006, 08:01 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Pete,
I slightly agreea about a possible attack in the near future but they will never get to the stage of Regular,
Look at America, everyone in islam hates them a lot more than us and the have a far higher number of Muslim extremists and the haven't had another major attack since 9/11.

mac
Old 21 March 2006, 08:18 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Petem95, the news seems to be a great souce of worry, distress and anger for you at the moment. I prescribe a complete news blackout for at least a month. You'll feel loads better.
Old 22 March 2006, 08:55 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Petem95, the news seems to be a great souce of worry, distress and anger for you at the moment. I prescribe a complete news blackout for at least a month. You'll feel loads better.
Yeah a month without news would be fantastic. I'd feel much better not knowing about how Labour is destroying the country

I think I'll start my news diet after today (Budget) - Im interested to see how "crash" Gordon is going rake in yet more tax from the indebted, already tax-to-death, UK citizens....

Sounds like X5 drivers might be in for a bit of a hammering, but I think the rest will be bad news
Old 22 March 2006, 09:18 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

We used to have "regular bombings" from the IRA not too far in the distant past. The one advatage of the muslims is they haven't figured out how to use timers so have to detonate themselves, this fortunately reduces the number of terrorists each attack and qualifies them for a darwin award.

Joking aside, what do you mean by "regular"?
Old 22 March 2006, 09:21 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Sounds like X5 drivers might be in for a bit of a hammering, but I think the rest will be bad news
I'd be interested what criteria they are likely to use for the anticipated increased road tax.
Old 22 March 2006, 09:25 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
I'd be interested what criteria they are likely to use for the anticipated increased road tax.

By criteria you assume they have method to their madness.

I imagine it goes something like
"We are gonna be short of XXXX billion!"

"OK, i have a cunning plan, lets just divide it up between duty on fuel, road fund, **** and booze"

"Sorted!"

Trending Topics

Old 22 March 2006, 09:29 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Maybe time to invest in a set of foreign number plates I only pay 142 euros a year road tax on my scooby and it has not gone up in 6 years as it is based on the size of the engine and the emissions.
Old 22 March 2006, 09:37 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
By criteria you assume they have method to their madness.
I assume they are going to have to be able to identify the vehicles they plan to charge increased road tax on and so must have some way of doing so.
Old 22 March 2006, 09:38 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Maybe time to invest in a set of foreign number plates I only pay 142 euros a year road tax on my scooby and it has not gone up in 6 years as it is based on the size of the engine and the emissions.
Ineed - considering buying some land in France with a shed on it and registering both the cars there!
Old 22 March 2006, 12:17 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

We used to have "regular bombings" from the IRA not too far in the distant past. The one advatage of the muslims is they haven't figured out how to use timers so have to detonate themselves, this fortunately reduces the number of terrorists each attack and qualifies them for a darwin award.

Joking aside, what do you mean by "regular"?
Can I laugh at this without death threats being made to me, my family, my employers, this forum, pslewis etc.?