Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

NHS gets worse! 0.5 million children lose dental care

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2006, 11:33 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NHS gets worse! 0.5 million children lose dental care

Not content with screwing things up big time for adults, the current "Government" now screw things up for childrens dental care!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...092584,00.html

Oh no, I tell a lie - they're equal opportunity cretins, they target the elderly as well!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...734679,00.html

And lastly the stunning bit of spin that says its more efficient to treat you at home than in a hospital. Newspeak has truely arrived!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...094527,00.html
Old 20 March 2006, 11:40 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

My children have lost their NHS dentist
Old 20 March 2006, 11:41 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

I'm sure PS Lewis will be able to tell us that this is really a good thing. Although even he seems to duck the dentist questions!
Old 20 March 2006, 11:44 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Just phone them up and say youre an illegal immigrant - that should get them straight to the front of the queue, and the bill picked up by the taxpayer
Old 20 March 2006, 01:04 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by MattW
What's and NHS dentist??? not seen one of them in about 25 years!
Old 20 March 2006, 01:45 PM
Slartibartfast
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You've never had it so good.
Old 20 March 2006, 01:49 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

The cracks are truly beginning to show. Brown wants Blair's job asap, as his economy is starting to show cracks too, and if (when) that goes **** up, where's HIS credentials to be next leader? Scottish pension thieving git!

Alcazar

Trending Topics

Old 20 March 2006, 02:05 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

And the sad thing is its only going to get worse ......
I am able to see the NHS from the other side, and Dentists is the least of your worries ........
Old 20 March 2006, 02:08 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

There's a report out today that the average household has paid an extra £9,000 in tax since labour came to power. That's about a £1,000 a year on average. What a flippin' bargain. If I'd paid £9,000 less I wouldn't mind the country falling apart!
Old 20 March 2006, 02:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul3446
There's a report out today that the average household has paid an extra £9,000 in tax since labour came to power. That's about a £1,000 a year on average. What a flippin' bargain. If I'd paid £9,000 less I wouldn't mind the country falling apart!
And what have they done with it, apart from bomb Afghanistan and Iraq?

Alcazar
Old 20 March 2006, 02:15 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The same has happened at both the dentists in my town as well. No more NHS service for children any more as well as adults now.

PSL has not got an answer of course as to why his hero has binned yet another of his promises.

Les
Old 20 March 2006, 04:49 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Not content with screwing things up big time for adults, the current "Government" now screw things up for childrens dental care!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...092584,00.html

Did you actually read your own link? I'll quote:

DENTISTS are expected to remove more than half a million children from lists entitling them to free NHS treatment when a new pay deal comes into effect next month.

Thousands of practitioners are likely to reject the contract offered by the government and quit the National Health Service to treat only patients prepared to pay, according to a survey of NHS primary care trusts.
Now read that second paragraph again. The only connection this has to do with the government is that they didn't pay the dentists a big enough bribe to stay in the NHS. For those SNers with short memories (most of the anti-Labour ones) I'll remind you that this happened a few years ago, under the command (?) of one J. Major. You might remember him - he was a Tory. Which is why there was a shortage of NHS dentists in the first place.

M
Old 20 March 2006, 05:29 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Nicely put Meridian - good to see you ignore the facts as usual. TB promise in 1999? Why do you think dentists are withdrawing from the NHS? Because they're all Tories? Dont be a fool, its because they are being stitched up by the Government. If your employer turned round to you and said "we want you to work more hours, fill in more forms, accept more control over how you do your job for no extra money", are you seriously telling me you'd say yes please? Dont be so naive. I dont agree with the NHS anyway so the sooner it collapses and we can get some proper health provision in this country the better. Just applying Band Aids to the creaking structure is prolonging the agony and suffering.

Doctors, once long time supports are saying now enough is enough. The Government keeps saying, we just have to throw more money at the problem. What kind of fools do they take us for? Good to see the NHS IT strategy is on track though. What's that? It's not? Its going wildly over budget (£50bn at the last count) with no end in sight? I cant believe it! TB and GB said it would be ok! PAH! Hospitals laying off nurses because they cant afford to do stay open? PAH! Standards of care falling (see true state of NHS post) PAH! How can any sane person defend this situation? And then make some specious arguement about the Tories in the early 90s. Pathetic

Last edited by warrenm2; 20 March 2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 20 March 2006, 06:04 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
Did you actually read your own link? I'll quote:

Now read that second paragraph again. The only connection this has to do with the government is that they didn't pay the dentists a big enough bribe to stay in the NHS. For those SNers with short memories (most of the anti-Labour ones) I'll remind you that this happened a few years ago, under the command (?) of one J. Major. You might remember him - he was a Tory. Which is why there was a shortage of NHS dentists in the first place.

M
If you do a bit more research you will uncover the facts:To meet the governments targets (and targets is all this government gives a toss about) dentists will have to see 60-80 patients per day and or work 13 hours a day to do so. Most do not want to do this as they can see less private patients and just work 8 ish hours a day to earn the same money.
They are not after lots more money but can earn the same dosh for less patients and a lot less hours.

The tories screwed up no doubt - Labour just compouned things rather than try to make things better!

Now tell me where the govenrmnet incentive is to stay in the NHS?

BTW i am not a dentist!

Last edited by The Zohan; 20 March 2006 at 06:07 PM.
Old 20 March 2006, 06:16 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

The problem can be easily fixed by convincing dentists that they are not really worth the 100k plus salaries they think they deserve. Get a load of dentists coming in from other EU countries will soon fix the problem and they will run back to the NHS as fast as possible.
Old 20 March 2006, 07:56 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
The problem can be easily fixed by convincing dentists that they are not really worth the 100k plus salaries they think they deserve. Get a load of dentists coming in from other EU countries will soon fix the problem and they will run back to the NHS as fast as possible.
Muahahahahahaha!

WHERE are these trained dentists coming from? To work for NHS rates? I think NOT

It takes a dentist best part of 5 years to train in the UK, and they need bloody amazing grades even to get in. So why SHOULDN'T they get £100K?

Why does someone always turn these sort of threads into "The Tories wouldn't do any better/caused the mess in the first place?"

WHO GIVES A FLYING F*CK???????????

The point is, there's a problem and Billy and Co don't seem to be able to fix it

Alcazar
Old 20 March 2006, 08:05 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Estonia, Poland, Czech Republic now; in a few years Romania Turkey Macedonia etc. The quality of health care is a lot better in some eastern countries than you might think and the standard of education and work ethic is so far ahead of ours its shocking.
Old 20 March 2006, 08:06 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Market rates should determine what someone is worth. Clearly Dentists are worth what they get paid now. In ten years they and alot of other people might get a few surprises.
Old 21 March 2006, 09:02 AM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

Classic new labour! Blame the tories for everything. That might have worked for the first couple of years, but they've been in power for 9 years now!

That's almost as long as Maggie was in and I know the country was a better place to live when she left than it is now!