Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What would you do

Search this Thread

Old 16 March 2006, 10:04 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do

I have just won a wireless router off ebay, i sent the payment of 51 quid to the seller through paypal and they refused it.

They then sent me an e-mail requesting that i send a cheque for that amount now i know that paypal dont cover payment by cheques,so i asked "why advertise with paypal"

They said :

"To keep fees as low as possible"

Then :
I put paypal on all my auctions as I accept payment through it that comes direct from other peoples bank accounts. I am not running a business on Ebay, merely trying to make a few extra pounds to support my 3 children.

I have refused to send a cheque cos of the simple fact im not covered.

Am i right in doing so or not
Old 16 March 2006, 10:14 PM
Apparition
Scooby Regular

If they advertise paypal then they should take paypal.
Yve
Contact ebay about them.
Old 16 March 2006, 10:16 PM
Mr doo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi , I'd contact paypal and ask their advice as the seller should not be using the logo if not willing to take payment that way. Maybe have a look at ebay safety centre to try and get trasaction withdrawn so no feedback can be left.
hope this helps
Old 16 March 2006, 10:54 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

I just paid 21 pounds for a 4 way wireless router.
Old 16 March 2006, 10:57 PM
Greatnorth
Scooby Regular

dodgey, very dodgey
Old 16 March 2006, 11:34 PM
Scudy23
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry you do not understand what I am meaning by 'direct from a bank account' but I am not going to get into an arguement about it. I am not the only person on ebay who does this. It's a shame you did not read the auction details properly before placing your bid, then this could have been avoided. I will contact ebay tomorrow and file a non-payment claim, I believe you will still be billed my ebay fees from them though.

Thats the lastest
Old 17 March 2006, 08:22 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scudy23
I'm sorry you do not understand what I am meaning by 'direct from a bank account' but I am not going to get into an arguement about it. I am not the only person on ebay who does this. It's a shame you did not read the auction details properly before placing your bid, then this could have been avoided. I will contact ebay tomorrow and file a non-payment claim, I believe you will still be billed my ebay fees from them though.

Thats the lastest
Do you have a link to the auction listing, or could you paste some of the "payment information" into this thread? He's implying that he made this clear in the listing - I think we'll be the judge of that

Basically - if the money you pay into his PayPal account comes from funds you already have in YOUR PayPal account (from things you've previously sold etc), I think it's safer for him to accept them (IE they'll not have come from a stolen Credit Card). Mind you - it could be that they're also non-refundable if he does a runner...

As has been said - best course of action is to reply to him stating that you feel that by displaying the logo but rejecting payment, is in breach of eBay Ts and Cs. But like I said - he seems to be arguing that he made himself clear in the auction.