Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

HR PC rules.Undecided.

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2006, 10:30 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HR PC rules.Undecided.

Hi

I expect many of you have had harassment procedures to follow at work.

I have done this training many times ,particularly as I have mainly worked for American companies.
I have been e-mailed by H.R. in the States to complete yet another on-line training course about harassment in the workplace,did one last year but this one has some new content.

Now,I agree about the general concept & no one should be harassed or bullied in any way at work ,be it physical,mental,sexual or whatever but I am just getting to feel that this is just another piece of political correctness & tars everyone with the same brush.

I agree that everyone should know the rules & how to procede if you become a victim but I don't need to watch an American showing me how to behave properly!.

I have many years of experience & have worked in many positions with fellow workers & with the public & have never had a problem at work with any of these issues.

I feel that this is somewhat insulting to assume I don't know how to conduct myself.Does anyone else have a problem being told how to behave at work?

Some H.R. input would be welcomed.
Old 27 February 2006, 10:38 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You should tell them to stop harassing you to do courses that you clearly don't need.

Suresh
Old 28 February 2006, 09:16 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just take it with a pinch of salt..

email them back and ask the following.

how can i take this seriously when you activley produce and promote hardcore ****? you censor chat shows for mild profanity, yet proclaim freedom of speech, and you wont show nipples on any tv show.

Mart
Old 28 February 2006, 09:56 AM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

we have loads of these online compulsary trainings and they are all crap IMHO

We are a european R&D team and all these trainings are focused on US customer facing staff that clearly have no mind of their own or common sense.

We have about 10 of them and all we do is sit and click through them, it registers that we have done it and then get left alone until next year.

I am with legb4rsk on this and if I was an American I would be insulted to think that they think so little of me as to make me do these pointless trainings making me out to be an idiot.