Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Extensions, pitfalls ?

Search this Thread

Old 16 February 2006, 10:08 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Extensions, pitfalls ?

We are looking at extending (the house, not my *****) and was wondering if anybody has any experience of the process, what it should cost etc.

Basically the house is a 1930's 4 bed detached, big garden, a bit of which we want to pinch to make a large dining room for entertaining, the utility will move from the garage to where the kitchen currently is, the kitchen will move to the morning room and I get my garage back (currently utility/bog) to be converted into a blokey den with lots of speakers and a mahoosive telly.

So its a single storey, about 10ft off the back of the kitchen, about 18 foot wide, nothing fancy, pitched roof with a couple of skylights, patio/french doors opening onto a new patio.

I was thinking about 15/20 grand for the building work and about 8 to replace the kitchen (only 8 years old but falling to bits, dont buy Keller) and put a cheapish bathroom in.
Old 16 February 2006, 10:33 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is how it is now (the relevant rooms)

And this is how we want it, use the wooden cabinet as a reference point, pretty much to scale but the extension is probably a bit of the big side, you get the point though, I had got a bit (a little bit) better with the tool, Floorplan V8, quite good but very buggy and awkward, plus its all in American sizes and lingo, the standard objects all look like they are from a National Lampoons film or This old House (with Steve and Norm).