Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

PAYPAL? OR NOT

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2006, 06:39 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PAYPAL? OR NOT

Recently sold a laptop on e bay and this is what i get conferming the payment!

We hereby to inform you that bassy5628 have make the payment of the item #***********, So the shipment number require for the item. Release the item from hold so that clerification would be completed.After this stage(Clerification Completion), we shall credit your account. The shipment tracking number needed immediately you recieve this Notiication.

This PayPal® payment has been deducted from the buyer's account and has
been "APPROVED"but will not be credited to your account until the shipment reference/tracking number is sent to us for shipment verification so as to secure both the buyer and the seller. Below are the necessary information requested before your account will be credited. Send tracking number to us or email us through this mail info@paypalintls.com and our customer service care will attend to you.

As soon as you send us the shipment's tracking number to us for security purposes and the safety of the buyer and the seller,the money will be credited to your account.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD
NEVER give your password to anyone,including PayPal employees. Protect yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**PLEASE NOTE**
Once shipment has been verified and the tracking number sent to us,
You will receive a "CONFIRMATION Email" from PayPal® informing you that the Money has been credited.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Copyright © 1999-2006 PayPal. All rights reserved.
PayPal (Europe) Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the United Kingdom as an electronic money institution.PayPal FSA Register Number: 226056
Old 13 February 2006, 06:53 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

sounds alright to me
Old 13 February 2006, 07:25 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a load of sh*te to me. PayPal is NOT an escrow service, and legitimate emails from PayPal are written in good English without spelling mistakes. "paypalintls.com" is not a registered domain name.

Basically, your buyer is trying to rip you off. Whether you wish to proceed with the sale is up to you, but I'd be surprised if you get the cash from them. I'd be inclined to forward the message to PayPal / Ebay, and (if you're feeling generous) give your buyer one last chance to cough up. Insist on a bank or building society cheque (and wait plenty of time for it to clear), or cash on collection.
Old 13 February 2006, 07:29 PM
vava voom
Scooby Regular

Ive sent paypal and e bay the mail and told the guy/gal to arrange cash on collection.....i'm just waiting for Western Unioun to be mentioned
Old 13 February 2006, 07:29 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with AndyC- Forward the message to PayPal and if they confirm it's genuine then go ahead with the deal
Old 13 February 2006, 08:02 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
sounds alright to me

This was meant with tongue firmly in cheek

These tossers are ruining Ebay,