Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Xbox 360 availability

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2006, 06:26 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xbox 360 availability

Can you actually go and buy one from a shop or will I have to buy one off an Ebayer with 2 feedback ?

I think they had some in Currys but it was the Core system with 3 crappy games that I dont want for 350 quid, the cheeky b4stards.

Anywhere else got the one with the HD in stock.

Oh and is it worth bothering ?
Old 15 January 2006, 06:39 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Can you actually go and buy one from a shop or will I have to buy one off an Ebayer with 2 feedback ?

I think they had some in Currys but it was the Core system with 3 crappy games that I dont want for 350 quid, the cheeky b4stards.

Anywhere else got the one with the HD in stock.

Oh and is it worth bothering ?
seem to be a few dotted around where i live, but you have to buy it with either 3 games or 5, so you end up having pay £530
Old 15 January 2006, 06:55 PM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought one just before new year, walked into Game in Luton Arndale centre and got one premium pack off the shelf for £279 with no games.

They are out there, you just need to search.
Old 15 January 2006, 07:27 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Wait, certainly don't go paying over the odds for one, they'll soon become readily available, and all the w@nkers who are trying to profit from them will be stuck with consoles they're losing money on.

I went in to the new Game store on the retail park opposite Brent Cross shopping centre and they had 99% of the accesories, which they didn't know they were due, keep trying your local stores and you may surprise yourself and find one.
Old 15 January 2006, 07:41 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

anyone know when the PS3 is due? I was on the verge of buying the 360, but thought with the fiasco before christmas and the ebay rip off merchants, I may wait for Sony, if it's not too long!
Old 15 January 2006, 07:53 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
anyone know when the PS3 is due? I was on the verge of buying the 360, but thought with the fiasco before christmas and the ebay rip off merchants, I may wait for Sony, if it's not too long!
Try 2007. Cant get a stable console and even when its released next year they new boxing game (fight night I think) will look no better than the xbox360 that would have been out for nearly a year already. Sony have admitted that much already. Seems they have shot themselves in the foot this year. Poor call
Old 15 January 2006, 08:48 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

May lump for the 360 then.....
Old 15 January 2006, 09:01 PM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Nottingham is still without 360's. There seems to be scattered deliveries, but quickly sold out. I guess you have to be lucky.
Old 16 January 2006, 09:22 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

I was in Game on the Tuesday after Christmas and happend to ask the youth who was wandering round the store in a Game shirt, if they had any in stock. I was told that they had one system in stock that I was told must be purchased as part of their £650 bundle (8 games and a few accessories).

Knowing that I wanted the 360, I told him that I assumed that everything was covered by the Game 10 Day Returns policy. He told me that it was. I picked out my games while he sorted the console out, stood at the counter while he rung it all through, paid and when he said "Thanks VERY much - have fun!", without missing a beat, I looked up and said "Hello there, I'd like to return some items under your 10 Day Returns policy please."

(cue his mouth opening and his little forehead creasing in confusion)

I took everything out of the bag except PGR3, Condemned and the console and got a full refund. So ended up paying £279 for the console, £45 for PGR3 and £50 for Condemned.
Old 16 January 2006, 09:28 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

There are posters in Game now saying they will be getting stock deliveries throughout January, so just ask in there.

I'm waiting for the PS3 tbh to compare the 2 - dont want to buy both this time round.
Old 16 January 2006, 10:36 AM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

I'm jaded with consoles right now...I'm gonna wait for the PS6 VR - until then it's more of the same crap as it was in gen 2 but with slightly better graphics. There are like three games available - endlessly repackaged - and I've already played endless varieties of them for about 6 years now - driving, fighting or sneaking around killing stuff...

maxxed out on driving with GT4, maxed out on sneaking and killing with wolfenstein and splinter cell maxxed out on pissing my time away in never-get-nowhere land...

Alternatively, I can choose to engage in the real world..

£350 spent on a pro-driving course and then the £50 a month on a trackday instead of bouncing a cartoon car with wacky races handling round a bogus track - I spend enough time on my **** at work....

Sorry to bum the thread but am I the only one who feels this way ?
Old 16 January 2006, 10:59 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean, they need to do something else with games now.

I only play on my consoles probably 4 hours a month now, whereas a few years back it was near 4 hours a day

I have Pro Evo 5 and SC:Chaos Theory downstairs, SC is unopened and PES5 has had maybe 5 hours on it.

We need something new, but the games developers are in it for the money now

On a side note, where do you go for these £50 trackdays? All the ones I go on are at least £300 with entry, fuel, tyre wear, brakes, food etc etc
Old 16 January 2006, 11:17 AM
flynnstudio
Scooby Regular

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/calendar/

Some on here for £59...granted most are stupidly expensive but they can be found

and here

http://www.easytrack.co.uk/events/al...=ALL&page_id=0

we ahve a local one near us which is not very commercial and that can be pretty cheap too..

or course there is always 'the midnight run'. I'm surprised there aren't more underground midnight clubs than there is - a few people marshalling a nice long open rural road where no one can get hurt - watching for the rozzers or oncoming traffic - everyone gets a timed run - everybodys safe- only potential danger is to the driver himself - natures own way

They do a ton of this in japan...it's gonna come sooner or later...

re games: totally agree- used to spend tons of time on them these days I think I'm better of getting on my board and hitting the ocean or just going for a spin on my mountain bike in the hills or forests than bozzing my brains on these things...everyone I talk to is 'turning off their consoles' and not just consoles either - they're switching off sh*te movies and 'sh*te' TV to a certain extent as well - it's really quite inspiring...
Old 16 January 2006, 11:39 AM
simo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mad_dr
I was in Game on the Tuesday after Christmas and happend to ask the youth who was wandering round the store in a Game shirt, if they had any in stock. I was told that they had one system in stock that I was told must be purchased as part of their £650 bundle (8 games and a few accessories).

Knowing that I wanted the 360, I told him that I assumed that everything was covered by the Game 10 Day Returns policy. He told me that it was. I picked out my games while he sorted the console out, stood at the counter while he rung it all through, paid and when he said "Thanks VERY much - have fun!", without missing a beat, I looked up and said "Hello there, I'd like to return some items under your 10 Day Returns policy please."

(cue his mouth opening and his little forehead creasing in confusion)

I took everything out of the bag except PGR3, Condemned and the console and got a full refund. So ended up paying £279 for the console, £45 for PGR3 and £50 for Condemned.
LOL, did simular with the Game 4 pack @ £450! Took 3 unopened games back a few days later as they would not let me change the games when purchasing, swopped 1 for a title that I wanted & got the cash back on the others He asked why I was swopping & I said that I did not like the games. But they are unopened he said. Yes said, I do not like them

No argument thou, all refunded as requested

Simon
Old 16 January 2006, 11:53 AM
King RA
BANNED

The new nintedo box is supposed to be something completely different and radical, perhaps we can all wait for that?
Old 16 January 2006, 11:59 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

I got my 360 new years day, popped into game on the off chance and they had 1 premium with PGR, FIFA and Condemned
Old 16 January 2006, 12:00 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King RA
The new nintedo box is supposed to be something completely different and radical, perhaps we can all wait for that?
It's the controller that is the leap away from the 'standard'

video of how it may be used here.

http://www.nintendo.com/pop_video.vm...400&height=420
Old 16 January 2006, 10:19 PM
wrx
Scooby Regular

COSTCO HAVE THEM