Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Month off the booze

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2006, 01:02 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Month off the booze

Back in october i was going to have a month off the booze. I never got round to doing it. Now im on the following:

Prednislonone - Anabolic Steroids
Lansoprazole - I think its to calm the steroids
Valganiclour - Antibiotic
Prednislolone Eye Drop
Atropene Eye Drop

Im having to have not 1 but 3 months off the booze! Its been a week and a half so far! I may even put some weight on
Old 15 January 2006, 01:06 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

I think thats the idea with the steroids
Old 15 January 2006, 01:14 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Did a search and apparently i need a high protein diet now too! Maybe i should get down the gym
Old 19 January 2006, 12:02 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Ive managed from the 4th so far. I went out last night and was on Coke, It was funny going to the bar and asking for a Coke and then seeing the look on the bar staffs face when they said "just a Coke?!" After 5 glasses i was absolutly hyper! My mates commented on how i was acting like i do when im pissed! I went through half an hour of just laughing at everything then decided to switch to the J20!

so far im still able to go out and have just as good a night as i would have if i was drinking. I wont be drinking Coke anymore though and will be sticking to the J20!
Old 19 January 2006, 12:06 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

i used to get pi$$ed 4 nights a week until my liver said

last time i had a beer was sept 2003! stick at it you will hardly miss it after a month or so and will save a fortune
Old 19 January 2006, 12:07 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
Did a search and apparently i need a high protein diet now too! Maybe i should get down the gym
Thank goodness, I thought you were going to speculate on how you'd obtain more protein - this thread would have taken a turn for the worse!!!
Old 19 January 2006, 12:09 PM
New_scooby_04

Classic Scene from the Simpsons:

Rev. Lovejoy: "Homer, with our help, you'll never touch a beer again"

Homer "ARRRRGHHHHHHHHH" *Jumps out of closed window*

Trending Topics

Old 19 January 2006, 12:11 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LUCKO
i used to get pi$$ed 4 nights a week until my liver said

last time i had a beer was sept 2003! stick at it you will hardly miss it after a month or so and will save a fortune
Christ you must have drank a lot - worries me I drink everyday and a fair quantity at least 3 times a week

chop (off to the pub for lunch )
Old 19 January 2006, 12:54 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopper.
Christ you must have drank a lot - worries me I drink everyday and a fair quantity at least 3 times a week

chop (off to the pub for lunch )
i know! never had any worries until started drinking Atella Artois & mixed with the odd nose candy, almost shut my liver down at 26 years of age. am 100% fine now though just don't drink as want too live a little longer
Old 19 January 2006, 01:44 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LUCKO
i know! never had any worries until started drinking Atella Artois & mixed with the odd nose candy, almost shut my liver down at 26 years of age. am 100% fine now though just don't drink as want too live a little longer
that is a very similar diet to mine last year, the stella and the nose whiskey dont go well together. well, they do at the time but a few months down the line aghh

anyway, new year, none of that - and a lot less stella too. Only 3 beers in ten days now strangely I feel worse for it tho
Old 19 January 2006, 01:49 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paul-s
that is a very similar diet to mine last year, the stella and the nose whiskey dont go well together. well, they do at the time but a few months down the line aghh

anyway, new year, none of that - and a lot less stella too. Only 3 beers in ten days now strangely I feel worse for it tho
like i said i never had any worries before drinking bottles/pints but for some reason that Stella stuff just wrecks your insides, was good at the time though
Old 19 January 2006, 01:52 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A month of the booze would have been far more fun!
Old 19 January 2006, 02:21 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

I've been off it a month due to a throat and chest infection, been as misrable a sin, but I have lost some weight.
cheers
Colin
Old 19 January 2006, 05:36 PM
ChrisB

If I drink J20 when it's my turn to drive, I have the most weird and vivid dreams that night.
Old 19 January 2006, 05:51 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Funny you should say that Chris!!!

My dream last night was weird!!! I was in a queue with a load of goths waiting to go up some stairs, when i got to the top i had a letter box sized hole to go through! I managed to get my legs through and someone on other side was pulling me through!

Dunno if thats down to my brain being messed up from the Coke or the J20 though!
Old 22 January 2006, 06:07 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

19 days so far!

Just checked the calories in J20, 130!!! and 30.03g or carbs! Compare that to a pint of lagers 230 calories and 13g of carbs!!!

J20 isnt that good for you is it!!!
Old 22 January 2006, 09:03 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

whats alcohol?

seriously ive never been a big drinker by any means, i like the odd tipple, and can have a good night out, but fail to see what the attraction of 15+ pints or party games at the bar is all about,

specially when they puke it up ouside and then boast about having a ffantastic time over the weekend ??

money saving tip.... drink warm salt water, you,l puke the same, but save a fortune

Mart
Old 22 January 2006, 11:26 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

Funny you should say that Chris!!!

My dream last night was weird!!! I was in a queue with a load of goths waiting to go up some stairs, when i got to the top i had a letter box sized hole to go through! I managed to get my legs through and someone on other side was pulling me through!

Dunno if thats down to my brain being messed up from the Coke or the J20 though!
i find eating chinese food gives me strange dreams. Must be the noodles
Old 23 January 2006, 12:37 AM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

Back in october i was going to have a month off the booze. I never got round to doing it. Now im on the following:

Prednislonone - Anabolic Steroids
Lansoprazole - I think its to calm the steroids
Valganiclour - Antibiotic
Prednislolone Eye Drop
Atropene Eye Drop

Im having to have not 1 but 3 months off the booze! Its been a week and a half so far! I may even put some weight on
Am I missing something? Any particular relation between stopping the booze and you taking Corticosteroids??
Old 23 January 2006, 12:33 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

What do you think?
Old 23 January 2006, 02:03 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

I am officially off the booze for a month as well. Got problems with my guts & i am spewing up all sorts.

So first things first.
Old 23 January 2006, 02:14 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

Location: It's like finding a cocktail sausage, when what you really wanted was a rather large saveloy.

[quote=16vmarc]What do you think?[/quote

I don't think I phrased that how I meant...
Old 23 January 2006, 02:19 PM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

Old 23 January 2006, 02:23 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I was going to have a month off the booze as i usually drink 3 times a week, and decided it would do me good. I never got round to it. Now that im on Anabolic steroids and antibiotics plus various eye drops, i feel it is only sensible not to drink until the course has finished. Dont you think?

Unless you like mixing antibiotics and alcohol?
Old 23 January 2006, 02:27 PM
Crazy Chick
Scooby Regular

Never done me any harm.
Old 23 January 2006, 02:36 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Yeah, you say that now

Old 23 January 2006, 02:36 PM
bobthebodger
Scooby Regular

Yeah they wont do anything just make you ill longer
Old 23 January 2006, 03:07 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

I was going to have a month off the booze as i usually drink 3 times a week, and decided it would do me good. I never got round to it. Now that im on Anabolic steroids and antibiotics plus various eye drops, i feel it is only sensible not to drink until the course has finished. Dont you think?

Don't worry mate - you're not on Anabolic steroids - you're on corticosteroids which are a far milder form of steroid. Anabolic is the term used to describe the function of a steroid to promote male hormone production to enhance physical attributes.

Corts are used for short term symptom suppresion and are usually given in low doses. What dose are you on? 15mg/day? Are you taking the red or the maroon ones? Red are 5mg.

Weight gain is a probable side effect I'm afraid - Corts are extremely good at increasing your appetite!
Old 23 January 2006, 03:19 PM
little-ginge
Scooby Regular

I'm really not doing myself any favours today, am I? I must learn to explain properly..

As you had noted the types of meds you are taking, Prednisolene ( and that they were anabolics??), and me being dozy, I wondered if you were on the meds due to the booze - and I couldnt work out why you woud be I was interested because my mum is on prednisolene and AFAIK, it is not an anabolic( used to build your body up)...they are corticosteriods, used for things like arthiritis, asthma etc.
She also takes Lansoprazole which is a stomach liner, as prednisolene can aggreviate your stomach, and increase risk of ulcers.

You should have been told about the side effects by your GP but in case you havent...

You may find with the steriods that you put weight on - it all depends on how long you are on them for, and what the dosage is. There are, unfortunately, quite a few side effects which you may or may not experience. But obviously you have been put onto steriods for a reason, and so what are a few side effects compared with the good they are doing you?
One of the more common ones is 'moon face' and also a increased tendancy to bruise.

Again, AFAIK, you must NOT drink on prednisolene, let alone anitbiotics...
Old 23 January 2006, 03:23 PM
crush her
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mad_dr
Don't worry mate - you're not on Anabolic steroids - you're on corticosteroids which are a far milder form of steroid. Anabolic is the term used to describe the function of a steroid to promote male hormone production to enhance physical attributes.

Corts are used for short term symptom suppresion and are usually given in low doses. What dose are you on? 15mg/day? Are you taking the red or the maroon ones? Red are 5mg.

Weight gain is a probable side effect I'm afraid - Corts are extremely good at increasing your appetite!
I was on Prednisolone, 45mgs a day, no real side effects apart from always hungry and had boundless energy. You could get a "moon face" though

Take it from me, you CAN drink

Last edited by crush her; 23 January 2006 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Month off the booze