Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Betfair Account Holders

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2006, 11:40 AM
maddog321
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Betfair Account Holders

You might have seen a post I put in earlier in the week. Basically, this week my betfair account was hacked, all funds lost playing poker (assuming the criminal had a mate winning the money on the same table) plus betfair allowed the criminal to deposit another £100 from my bank account without having the correct 3 digit security code on the back of the card.

Obviously the police and bank are involved now but betfair have done their own investigation (about an hour) and basically told me " sorry about that" - They realise that it was not me who lost the money (I provided the IP addresses of the criminal) and that it was fraud. They would be willing to help the police with any info they want but basically its my own fault and I will not be getting my money back (approx £455).

Several friends who use betfair have emailed their concerns about the security of the site - so I am making everyone aware and if anyone would also like to raise concerns of how easy it is to have your money stolen from your betfair accounts I would be very gratefull.

email: info@betfair.com
Old 06 January 2006, 11:53 AM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

done

Hope you get all sorted.

chop
Old 06 January 2006, 12:03 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs down

Maddog

What a nightmare!!
Why is it your fault ??

I have a betfair account and dont undertsand why it should be your fault.

plus betfair allowed the criminal to deposit another £100 from my bank account without having the correct 3 digit security code on the back of the card.
It looks like there's a problem with Betfairs systems, shouldn't they be ultimately responsable for this??, if they turn around and say no then who on betfair will feel comfortable, I assume you have posted in the forums on betfair, that would be interesting to see what other betfairers think about the situation because we are potentially liable to be hacked and there is no guarantee our money is safe, mind you the mods would probably be told to remove it, because unless they are aware the problem and they,re doing something about it, have they said ??, who's to say plenty of others arent being fleeced either now or in the future.

Good luck
Old 06 January 2006, 12:18 PM
maddog321
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Funkii Munkii]Maddog

What a nightmare!!
Why is it your fault ??

They say I am responsible for the security of my account - I have told them it is definitely not my PC that has been hacked (I have internal / external firewall ) and all the latest security updates / virus software. I have brought to their attention several other incidents even one where they had a press release admitting to being hacked into and money stolen but they still say - we will not give you your money back. HSBC confirm that when the security code was put in wrong the deposit should have been refused by Betfair - but they say they only check security codes on cards randomly - how bad is the security on that!!!!!!

Anyway, looks as though I will have to take out a county court judgment and let a judge decide if they should pay. Trading Standard tell me I have a good case on negligence!!
Old 06 January 2006, 08:35 PM
Ted Maul
Scooby Regular

I'll send them a mail as well. c*nts. lesson learned though, don't let yer money just sit there with them, withdraw what you can or don't need for laying.
Old 17 January 2006, 01:09 PM
maddog321
Scooby Regular

Default Update on my Betf@ir account

posted a thread not long ago about my betfair account being robbed!!!

Thanks to all those people who emailed their concerns to betfair. They are now going to review 'giving me my money back' after a police investigation!!

A good friend who has alot of money in his account voiced his concerns about their security and also the way they treated me (very small player) and shock - they seemed to bend over backwards to keep him with them and all of a sudden they're back on the phone to me helping me out again!!

watch this space!
Old 17 January 2006, 02:22 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm glad to hear they are looking into thi Madog, its only right, as good as Betfair is for a punt they have proven they dont have the class of the so called big 3 who would have given you your money back straight away I'm sure of that.

Good Luck and charge the F*ckers interest !!