Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Qatar Airlines - anyone flown with them / experiences / stories/ opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2006, 11:45 AM
King RA
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put it this way, arabs are less likely to bomb them.
Old 05 January 2006, 11:47 AM
Southern Guy
Scooby Regular

Default Qatar

I flew with Qatar Air about 3 years ago to Doha, Qatar and it was a brilliant flight. All there planes have great leg room, and all have monitors in the back of seats with about 12 channels of stuff.

Food was ok ish, but is any enomony flight food good....'ll still eat it!

I think it is a pretty good airline to fly with and i wouldnt hesitate flying with them again.
Old 05 January 2006, 12:11 PM
NorthDave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Southern Guy
I flew with Qatar Air about 3 years ago to Doha, Qatar and it was a brilliant flight. All there planes have great leg room, and all have monitors in the back of seats with about 12 channels of stuff.

Food was ok ish, but is any enomony flight food good....'ll still eat it!

I think it is a pretty good airline to fly with and i wouldnt hesitate flying with them again.
I flew in September with them from Manchester to Doha to Bangkok and back. Pretty good but not all of the planes have screens in the back. The only other long haul I have done I went Virgin and that was much better (although could have been luck). I picked them because the Sunday Times reviwed them all and they seemed to have the best leg room.

The most important thing seems to be book your seat ahead. I'm 6'4" and ended up sandwiched in between two unluck sods both times. On every flight I have been on the good seats seem to be booked up, someone must know something I dont!
Old 05 January 2006, 11:47 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

We flew heathrow to male (maldives) via doha and all 4 flights (2 each way) were excellent. We had the seatback sets with games, films, music that you can play at your own leisure.

We also booked specific seats via the phone no problems at all. Check in at LHR they started moving people to Exec check-in to speed the process up.

Emirates and Qatar seem to get great reviews. Whatever you do dont go monarch or first choice long haul as all I read is horror stories.

At Doha airport not much to do and is crowded but duty free was dirt cheap. 1ltr southern comfort was about £8 and B&H **** worked out like 30p a pack. Just make sure you can take alcohol into the country your visiting otherwise you will lose it.

Simon.
Old 06 January 2006, 07:28 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

I honestly dont think you will have problems with Qatar. As you say most people rate them at a similar standard of service to Emirates which is very good. I think as they are a newer airline they are gradually picking up more routes and customers and for this reason they are more competively priced than others.

Simon.
Old 06 January 2006, 09:02 AM
DavidBrown
Scooby Regular

As P1Fanatic says, don't go Monarch.
Old 06 January 2006, 03:21 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

flew with them back from Bombay via Doha. Great service and food.