Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Thumbs up to the NHS...

Search this Thread

Old 05 January 2006, 09:49 AM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thumbs up to the NHS...

On tuesday night I snapped the ligaments in my ankle playing football (didn't realise it was this serious at the time), 6am yesterday morning pain was horrendous and I realised it was more than a twist. So I decided to go to hospital. I was in there for less than an hour, in that time I saw the doctor twice had X-rays done, ankle strapped up & left on crutches

I was then given an appointment for the afternoon to see a specalist who confirmed the ligament damage & then onto physiotherapist who discussed all sorts with me including what I need to do to get back walking, proper exercises so the scar tissue heals properly etc. All of this was also done in less than a hour.
I'm so impressed - big thumbs up.

chop
Old 05 January 2006, 09:51 AM
The Rani
Scooby Regular

You obviously don't live anywhere near the hospital where I work. Even being "staff needed back at post" didn't help me in A&E 5 weeks ago .....
Old 05 January 2006, 11:39 AM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Rani
You obviously don't live anywhere near the hospital where I work. Even being "staff needed back at post" didn't help me in A&E 5 weeks ago .....
I'm sure there are more than a few horror stories out there but mine was a great experience

chop
Old 05 January 2006, 11:42 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Unlucky mate. be ages before you play again. worse than breaking a leg in some cases.
Old 05 January 2006, 11:54 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The staff at the sharp end in the NHS are really outstanding in this area. They do everything they can for you and are very informative and helpful

Just a pity that so much money is wasted in the extremely top heavy and unnecessary administration of the Trusts.

Les
Old 05 January 2006, 11:59 AM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Unlucky mate. be ages before you play again. worse than breaking a leg in some cases.
Tell me about it mate, will be lucky to make it back playing again within 8 weeks. Doctor did say that some people struggle to recover full strength

chop
Old 05 January 2006, 12:01 PM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
The staff at the sharp end in the NHS are really outstanding in this area. They do everything they can for you and are very informative and helpful

Just a pity that so much money is wasted in the extremely top heavy and unnecessary administration of the Trusts.

Les
Totally agree Les, all of the staff from the receptionist to docs, nurses, plaster room, x ray were superb

chop
Old 05 January 2006, 12:07 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Good to hear a nice story about the NHS. Sounds like you avoided MRSA and hope it heals well.

Agree that top end managment overburdens the "real" work done at the sharp end. If I was in charge I would set a standard menu for numbers of patients and required number of staff required to operate efficiently. Of course there would be exceptions but there should be a standard set as the default to aim at. 1000 patients means x number of nurses, x number of technicians and right up to the top with x number of managers. Far too simple I suppose... dl
Old 05 January 2006, 12:34 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopper.
Tell me about it mate, will be lucky to make it back playing again within 8 weeks. Doctor did say that some people struggle to recover full strength

chop
ha ha! 8 weeks! depending how serious it is try 3 months before you can trust it agin and 6 before it has the same strength back if at all. Did mine and of last season and it was almost 2 month in to this before I could stop worring about it in games. horrible thing to do. so painful
Old 05 January 2006, 02:34 PM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
ha ha! 8 weeks! depending how serious it is try 3 months before you can trust it agin and 6 before it has the same strength back if at all. Did mine and of last season and it was almost 2 month in to this before I could stop worring about it in games. horrible thing to do. so painful
A few people have said it could take up to 3 months which is a worry...I normally recover from injurys quickly i'm just hoping it is the same in this instanse.

At the minute i'm just looking forward to walking again which I am told is 2 weeks away I suppose after that will just have to wait and see how it heals.

As you say the pain when they go is so bad you just can't describe it

chop