Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Home Cinema / SKY + geeks....help needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2005, 04:33 PM
CRAIGFIN
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home Cinema / SKY + geeks....help needed!!

I've just bought a Philips SLV3220 video sender unit to send SKY + to my bedroom. The system itself works fine but the remote control function does not appear to work. You get a magic eye cable in the box which relays the remote control signal from your bedroom to the SKY + box below. I cannot get the remote control function to work at all, no matter where I put the magic eye.
This is my second unit as I took the first one back to the shop as I thought it was defective. I'm sure that some of you are familiar with these units so any help is appreciated. I'm sure I'm not doing anything wrong as all you do is plug in a lead. I dont think its a compatability problem as all its doing is relaying a signal to another box.

Has anybody got the above system to work successfully with SKY +??

Can anybody recommend a system that works with SKY+??

Any ideas???

Cheers,

Craig.
Old 30 December 2005, 05:09 PM
delbert
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CRAIGFIN
I've just bought a Philips SLV3220 video sender unit to send SKY + to my bedroom. The system itself works fine but the remote control function does not appear to work. You get a magic eye cable in the box which relays the remote control signal from your bedroom to the SKY + box below. I cannot get the remote control function to work at all, no matter where I put the magic eye.
This is my second unit as I took the first one back to the shop as I thought it was defective. I'm sure that some of you are familiar with these units so any help is appreciated. I'm sure I'm not doing anything wrong as all you do is plug in a lead. I dont think its a compatability problem as all its doing is relaying a signal to another box.

Has anybody got the above system to work successfully with SKY +??

Can anybody recommend a system that works with SKY+??

Any ideas???

Cheers,

Craig.
IVE not got the same sender as you but i found with mine that the sensor in the sky+ box is in a different place to sky. heres what to do:- send the wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/kid up stairs with the sky remote and get them to try change channel whilst you stay downstairs and move the magic eye around on the front untill it works with my sky+ it was about 2 inch from the left hope this helps

p.s Im no Geek...just used a bit of common
Old 30 December 2005, 05:14 PM
mn_angrybeats
Scooby Regular

I havent got a video sender but just a length of Coax between the Sky+ box and my upstairs TV, the Magic Eye thingy I got for sky needs the RF output made active...

Access the Installers Menu, use the following set of key presses:

SERVICES, 4, 0, 1, SELECT.

This will give you access to several sections but you need

RF Output.
You need to turn the RF 12v output on. (Useful if you want to use a TV Link unit).

I had a few problems to but my length of Coax had a short in it so it wasnt functioning correctly. The piggyback plug at the end of the Magic eye has a red LED, this will light when there is power going to it...

Hope this helps

Last edited by mn_angrybeats; 30 December 2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 30 December 2005, 05:21 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

yup as he says.......
Old 30 December 2005, 05:37 PM
CRAIGFIN
Scooby Regular

Many thanks for the replies fellas but I've already tried all that before posting, as you said it was common sense. I was hoping for someone to confirm that the Philips systems do work with SKY +.

Cheers,

Craig.
Old 30 December 2005, 05:45 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

im a Sky engineer and not come across any vid sen's yet that dont work.......... could always be a first time, tho....
Old 30 December 2005, 05:45 PM
Raartoot
Scooby Regular

...it done my head in aswell cos mine wasnt working, According to one of the geeks at maplins, I needed a booster???

...I sacked that and done it the longer way, I ran the magic eye wire all the way downstairs (through ceiling) and plugged the Actual magic eye connection in the sky outlet first, then the ariel in behind, so basically
I extended the magic eye cable to reach downstairs sky box....
Where as its originally supposed to be plugged in to your 2nd tv first eh!!!!

Just thought Id share that with you all!!!!