Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

ROAD ANGEL

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2005, 12:55 PM
Neil W
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROAD ANGEL

Recently purchased a Road Angel 2 and very happy with it. Alerts all safety cameras, blackspots etc no problem but yet to see if the radar detection works.

Just wondered if anyone knows why it does not pick up those temporary speed check boards, the ones that show your speed. Surely these work on radar but my RA doesnt pick em up.

Anyone know reason for this? Radar detcting is switched on on my RA.

Cheers.
Old 15 December 2005, 12:59 PM
John57
Scooby Regular

Your RA picks up Laser ..... not Radar - I presume these little things work via Radar (?) but haven't really thought about it. I wouldn't worry anyway; they don't do anything and they are hardly accurate ..... or at least the ones near me aren't anyway.
Old 15 December 2005, 01:07 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Talking

^^^^^ What he said, the RA2 detects laser not radar.

Pretty usless to be honest, if it goes off then the likleyhood is you have just
been caught, unless its stray laser from the gun being fired at another car.

If it picked up radar like the early generation of snoopers etc you pick up things like shop doors, traffic lights etc.....
really f**king annoying after a while
Old 15 December 2005, 01:19 PM
Neil W
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys. I know the laser side of RA is a bit pointless but was just curious.
Old 15 December 2005, 01:48 PM
sgcooby
Scooby Regular

My snooper pics up those speed awareness boards but really no point to be honest. Like someone else stated the bloody thing virtually beeps all the time in built up areas even when switched to city mode. I fitted it over a year ago and have never been targetted by laser or radar since. Sods law says soon as i dont put it on one day ill get caught again. Does anyone know if these things pick up the scamera vans as ive driven under a few and it never beeps?? I havent been caught speeding but i still thought it would have picked up something even if it was only laser scatter from another targeted vehicle. Maybe van operator was eating his lunch but is has happened a couple of times.
Old 15 December 2005, 07:08 PM
Scooby-Mark
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by sgcooby
Does anyone know if these things pick up the scamera vans as ive driven under a few and it never beeps?? I havent been caught speeding but i still thought it would have picked up something even if it was only laser scatter from another targeted vehicle. Maybe van operator was eating his lunch but is has happened a couple of times.
It will only pick up if the laser is being fired.

As far as I am aware the vans only fire the laser when they have reason to believe a vehicle is exceeding the speed limit, ie not at every vehicle on the road, probably explains why you have never picked anything up