Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tories ahead in the Polls!

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2005, 02:02 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Tories ahead in the Polls!

Tories have moved ahead of Labour in the polls for the first trime in many years. Looks like Cameron may be a formidable force against Blair.

Or are people just fed up with the spin, lies ,deceit, high taxation, pensions crisis, NHS , high crime etc that has become the norm for new Labour.

Chip
Old 11 December 2005, 02:13 PM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

Or just a honeymoon period effect?
Old 11 December 2005, 02:17 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Cameron a formidable force? I doubt it, he still believes in Koyto when just about everyone else on earth has realised that it is a lot of rubbish. Next thing we know he will have policies based upon things the tooth fairy has been telling him.
Old 11 December 2005, 04:20 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Labour will STILL win EASILY

Too many people remember what a mess the Tories got us in .... Labour have had one hell of a battle to put the country back on its feet .............. result?? We are now FAR FAR FAR better off than we were 8 years ago!!

I raise a glass of Port to New Labour and the greatest leader of our time - Tony Blair!!

Tories???? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA don't make me laugh!!!! Some toffee nosed Eton-boy

Wait until all the stories come out of the Toffee-Nosed Tory 'games' him and his Gay mates indulged in ................

Pete
Old 11 December 2005, 04:48 PM
Martin_Aimless
Scooby Regular

Location: Weapons are like money; no one knows the meaning of enough. M.A.

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Next thing we know he will have policies based upon things the tooth fairy has been telling him.
Almost. He's taking advice on evironmental policies from Greenpeace and Friends of the Earth.
Old 11 December 2005, 04:49 PM
Martin_Aimless
Scooby Regular

Location: Weapons are like money; no one knows the meaning of enough. M.A.

Originally Posted by pslewis
Labour will STILL win EASILY

Too many people remember what a mess the Tories got us in .... Labour have had one hell of a battle to put the country back on its feet .............. result?? We are now FAR FAR FAR better off than we were 8 years ago!!

I raise a glass of Port to New Labour and the greatest leader of our time - Tony Blair!!

Tories???? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA don't make me laugh!!!! Some toffee nosed Eton-boy

Wait until all the stories come out of the Toffee-Nosed Tory 'games' him and his Gay mates indulged in ................

Pete
Sounds like you've been at the Port for some time!
Old 11 December 2005, 05:14 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Great to hear they are ahead in the polls, and I hope they maintain their advantage.

Those hardworking law-abiding inviduals amongst us will no doubt be looking forward to the day NL go

The only problem is the tories will inherit an economy which is well and truely screwed, with staggering government debts, millions of unemployed on incapacity benefits, millions of illegal immigrants and a looming pension crisis...

Trending Topics

Old 11 December 2005, 05:15 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

What utter bollox!!!

Pete
Old 11 December 2005, 05:18 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Too many people remember what a mess the Tories got us in .... Labour have had one hell of a battle to put the country back on its feet ..............

Pete
If youre looking for 'total bollocks' then look at the quote above.
Old 11 December 2005, 05:18 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

What utter bollox!!!

Pete
This the best repsonse you can come up with?!! Clearly he just cant argue with the truth....

I suppose its people like pslewis who will be hit hard when NL go - the days of sitting back in your council house watching Sky, whilst claiming incapacity benefit will be over! Probably have to get rid of the scoob then as you wont be able to afford the monthly repayments!
Old 11 December 2005, 05:38 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I would guess that I pay more tax than you earn!!!

And if it goes to those who can't work, and to buy sky to see them through the day, then fair enough ......

Pete
Old 11 December 2005, 05:51 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Uninformed pile of toss

Originally Posted by Petem95
blah blah blah
The only problem is the tories will inherit an economy which is well and truely screwed, with staggering government debts, millions of unemployed on incapacity benefits, millions of illegal immigrants and a looming pension crisis...
Wrong. wrong. wrong and wrong.

1. The UK economy is in better shape than under the Tories. Even with only 1.75% growth predicted in 2005 (still above EU average). Independent BoE stopped the boom and bust cycle. No housing market crash and no more 15% interest rates - which you certainly something can't say about the last time the Tories were in power!
2. Public finances are in good shape despite the weak economy. Budget deficit of 3% is the EU average and well below the US, which isn't going to collapse any day soon either.
3. Claimants of disability benefits are down since the Tory years. As is unemployment, measured by standardised international measures and not the brothers Hans Christian Andersen methods the last lot used. UK unemployment - at 4.7% - is at the lowest level for 30 years! It reached 12% under Thatcher in 1986.
4. There is a pension crisis in all established economies because population is ageing and those who have retired are on final salary schemes.

You really should stop reading the Beano!

If you had started on about the NHS not working despite funding being increased back to reasonable level and that there are too many speed cameras, you would have been on the right track!

Back on topic, the Tories will implode again before the next election, so not a worry for NL. Anyway what are their policies exactly? I think David Blair himself doesn't even know yet!
Suresh
Old 11 December 2005, 05:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Well said Suresh .................

Vote Tory and get shafted!!

Thats the fact of the matter!!

Pete
Old 11 December 2005, 06:09 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Oh thats a relief for you there pslewis, your NL buddy Suresh has trawled a few websites for you and posted up some spun figures to save you the trouble!
Old 11 December 2005, 06:13 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Red face

blah blah blah posted up some spun figuresblah blah
Economist and Dept of Employment ILO figures are spin? Didn't the Beano have the same stats then?
Old 11 December 2005, 06:15 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Economist and Dept of Employment ILO figures are spin? Didn't the Beano have the same stats then?
Yeah identical stats in the Beano, thats what was puzzling me
Old 11 December 2005, 06:21 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Wink Ladybird solution

Yeah identical stats in the Beano, thats what was puzzling me
If you find the Beano a bit of a puzzle, maybe you could get one of your Tory mates here to lend you their Janet and John books?

Back on topic - the Tories were actually in the lead in the polls 18 months ago, but still managed to lose an election since then. How careless!

Suresh
Old 11 December 2005, 07:27 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

1. The UK economy is in better shape than under the Tories. Even with only 1.75% growth predicted in 2005 (still above EU average). Independent BoE stopped the boom and bust cycle. No housing market crash and no more 15% interest rates - which you certainly something can't say about the last time the Tories were in power!
2. Public finances are in good shape despite the weak economy. Budget deficit of 3% is the EU average and well below the US, which isn't going to collapse any day soon either.
3. Claimants of disability benefits are down since the Tory years. As is unemployment, measured by standardised international measures and not the brothers Hans Christian Andersen methods the last lot used. UK unemployment - at 4.7% - is at the lowest level for 30 years! It reached 12% under Thatcher in 1986.
4. There is a pension crisis in all established economies because population is ageing and those who have retired are on final salary schemes.

If you had started on about the NHS not working despite funding being increased back to reasonable level and that there are too many speed cameras, you would have been on the right track!

Back on topic, the Tories will implode again before the next election, so not a worry for NL. Anyway what are their policies exactly? I think David Blair himself doesn't even know yet!
Suresh

come on suresh, spill the beans..

who is your elected leader??? and how are they doing...

you do loads of bashing of our partys but we need to do some of your party bashing in return

mart
Old 11 December 2005, 07:34 PM
Spring Heeled Jack
Scooby Regular

Location: was he a creature, an alien, or a man wearing some strange costume and a hidden jumping apparatus

blah blah blah posted up some spun figures blah blah

quite.
Old 11 December 2005, 08:29 PM
liedetector
Scooby Newbie

New Labour ARE Tories, so what's the difference.
Old 11 December 2005, 08:35 PM
Manda_po
BANNED

Those hardworking law-abiding inviduals amongst us will no doubt be looking forward to the day NL go

The only problem is the tories will inherit an economy which is well and truely screwed....millions of unemployed. .
Old 11 December 2005, 08:40 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Talking

Suresh
Suresh, if UK under NL is so great why have you buggered off to Holland???
Old 11 December 2005, 09:11 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Im fascinated by how you ignore pertinent facts. I shall query your statements point by point.....

1. The UK economy is in better shape than under the Tories.
By what measure? Please elaborate. International competiveness? In 1997 the UK was 4th. Any guess now? We're 13th. http://news.independent.co.uk/busine...icle315831.ece
2. Public finances are in good shape despite the weak economy.
Well it helps if you ignore the liabilities for Network Rail and all the PFIs. Add in those liabilities though and you breach the "Golden Rules". Cant have that now......

3. UK unemployment - at 4.7% - is at the lowest level for 30 years! It reached 12% under Thatcher in 1986.
And where have all these people gone? Into the public sector, not surprising then is it that we are now 19th out of 26 in productivity

And in a crisis such as you describe, do you a) take £5bn pa from pension funds, employ more people giving them guaranteed pensions and give them a retirement age of 60 all paid for by the taxpayer or b) dont make the mess worse and dont do any of option A?
Old 11 December 2005, 09:41 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
Suresh, if UK under NL is so great why have you buggered off to Holland???
Deep, In fact I buggered off to Switzerland in 1993, when the Tories were in power, unemployment was over 10%, the pound had been forced out of the ERM (good work Cameron ), interest rates were crippling and negative equity was a way of life.

If I can help the country ensure that the Cons never get back into power and vote for a better alternative at the same time, then I shall!!

HTH

Suresh
Old 11 December 2005, 10:03 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Arent you gonna respond to my points Suresh?
Old 11 December 2005, 10:06 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Deep, In fact I buggered off to Switzerland in 1993, when the Tories were in power, unemployment was over 10%, the pound had been forced out of the ERM (good work Cameron ), interest rates were crippling and negative equity was a way of life.

If I can help the country ensure that the Cons never get back into power and vote for a better alternative at the same time, then I shall!!

HTH

Suresh
Suresh, does that mean you haven't really been in the UK under NL? In which case how can you really make statements like that?

As an aside, how much tax do you pay over there? How much is VAT or equivalent, how much is NI, stamp duty and CGT

Deep
Old 11 December 2005, 11:09 PM
Spring Heeled Jack
Scooby Regular

Location: was he a creature, an alien, or a man wearing some strange costume and a hidden jumping apparatus

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Arent you gonna respond to my points Suresh?
I suspect not... he is an arrogant tw*t after all....
Old 11 December 2005, 11:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

He is someone who remembers the Tories in power ................

You 'kiddies' haven't a fookin clue

The damage that they do to a country is the reason they will not grace power again!!

Pete
Old 12 December 2005, 08:05 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

I've not visited Scoobynet for a while, so good to see everyone is still getting along and being nice to each other
Old 12 December 2005, 09:48 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Default what a wan-ker!

Originally Posted by Spring Heeled Jack
I suspect not... he is an arrogant tw*t after all....
What did I post to deserve that? You really are a ignorant ***** aren't you?

Warren:

To answer your reasonable, if misinformed points:

1. Economic growth would be a start. Did you know the UK has the best financial environment for entrepreneurs out of 121 countries surveyed (USA second).
2. Network rail [contingent] liabilities are treated in the same way as Railtrack was treated under the Tories (ESA95 rules). Agree Brown should not be messing around with his own Golden Rules to only borrow to invest.
3. Public sector employment has risen, particuarly in the healthcare sector, but is in fact below the levels seen under the Tories in 1991/1992
http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=407
4. Pensions are an emotive subject. You might be too young to recall Thatcher removing index-linking of pesions to earnings and Brown introduced pensions credits to help the elderly poor. He could be doing a better job. I don't dispute it.

Suresh

Quick Reply: Tories ahead in the Polls!