Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Poor Gazza.

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2005, 07:09 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Poor Gazza.

I feel sorry for gazza, getting arrested and sacked etc. He's a an ill bloke. Considering he admits to drinking four botles of whisky before a match I'm supprised he's not done a Georgie best yet .. :-(

Gotta respect his short footie career but he's always been mentally unstable.
Old 06 December 2005, 07:23 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

The only difference is that he isn't dead.
I hope he can get back on track soon otherwise it wont be long before the SN masses will be moaning about the TV coverage he gets.
Old 06 December 2005, 07:32 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

He was just a flash in the pan. Nothing special. More famous now for his wife beating and alcohol excess than anything else.

The guys a waster.

Chip
Old 06 December 2005, 07:35 PM
wrx-ian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PG
The only difference is that he isn't dead.
I hope he can get back on track soon otherwise it wont be long before the SN masses will be moaning about the TV coverage he gets.
I don`t know if anyone has read his autobiography or any of the many articles there has been about him but if you have you will realise his problems come from years ago. Football was the main thing that kept him going. Only problem is that in the past the press and general public(me included) thought he was just a bit wacky. I`m not sure he will ever get back on track.
Never having met the bloke i`m can`t really make much of a comment.
But i`ve always admired him and felt sorry for him at the same time.
Old 06 December 2005, 07:41 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Chip
He was just a flash in the pan. Nothing special. More famous now for his wife beating and alcohol excess than anything else.

The guys a waster.

Chip
That sounds familiar!!
Old 06 December 2005, 07:52 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Gazza was a brilliant footballer and for all his faults I really like the guy. Remember watching Daft as a Brush with my Dad and we both found him funny. Spurs played Plymouth Argyle in a testimonial match several years ago and one of the lads in the Lyndhurst threw a Mars bar at him. He picked it up, took a couple of bites and gave the rest to the lino . Ten minutes later he scored a brilliant thirty yard free kick. Gazza's ill, gutted for him.
Old 06 December 2005, 07:58 PM
eldudereno
Scooby Regular

The guys a waster.

Chip
what a load of b*llocks!!!

Trending Topics

Old 06 December 2005, 08:01 PM
Diamond Dave
Scooby Regular

The guys a waster.

Chip

I'll make a note not to come seeking sympathy from you anytime soon
Old 06 December 2005, 08:02 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Gazza, a younger version of George Best, will no doubt go the same way, hopefully though he won't need a liver transplant which could go to someone worthy, instead of another bloody boozy, wife beating hasbeen footballer.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:03 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

The guys a waster.

Chip
I was gonna rise to the bait, but then I saw you were from wales.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:07 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauly
I was gonna rise to the bait, but then I saw you were from wales.
HOORAY! at last

Chip
Old 06 December 2005, 08:09 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

It amazes me that people are able to forgive people all sorts of wrong doing and even hero worship them just because at some point in their life they kicked a pigs bladder about on 100 yards of turf.

If it was just "Mr Smith" from No 17 Acacia Avenue who was getting pissed repeatedly, couldn't hold down a job and was beating on women, would people be as sympathetic or would they be baying for their blood??? Being famous does not excuse them the standards we expect of normal people.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:14 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

HOORAY! at last

Chip
Old 06 December 2005, 08:15 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

It also says a hell of a lot about the posters self worth in my opinion if they think somebody who played a sport well (for a short time) and wastes millions of pounds on whatever, drinks themselves stupid, beats up their supposed loved ones, drags others into their misery, has more than one chance, is looked up to as a hero/god.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:24 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
It amazes me that people are able to forgive people all sorts of wrong doing and even hero worship them just because at some point in their life they kicked a pigs bladder about on 100 yards of turf.

If it was just "Mr Smith" from No 17 Acacia Avenue who was getting pissed repeatedly, couldn't hold down a job and was beating on women, would people be as sympathetic or would they be baying for their blood??? Being famous does not excuse them the standards we expect of normal people.
you are correct in some ways but if mr smith was adored by you and you wanted to grow up to be the best (insert trade here) just like he was when you were a kid he would get a lot more leeway and forgiveness before you started to get the ar$e with him. gazza has lived a lot of his life in the public eye and people have grown to love him therefor they will be more willing to forgive him and to try to understand the crap he's been through
Old 06 December 2005, 08:26 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

and b4 you jump on me i'm not saying it's ok to beat up your mrs
Old 06 December 2005, 08:27 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

and b4 you jump on me i'm not saying it's ok to beat up your mrs
What about your own though?
Old 06 December 2005, 08:29 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

my own what? my mrs?

i would never even think of raising my hand to a girl. my parents brought me up better than that thank you.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:30 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

gazza has lived a lot of his life in the public eye and people have grown to love him therefor they will be more willing to forgive him and to try to understand the crap he's been through
Yeh, cráp having a talent and millions of pounds and wasting it isn't it?

Real cráp I say.

They don't know they are born, they really don't.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:32 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

my own what? my mrs?

i would never even think of raising my hand to a girl. my parents brought me up better than that thank you.
Forgot the smiley pauly. It was a joke on the way your last message sounded.

You better have this

Last edited by Spoon; 06 December 2005 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:35 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

you are correct in some ways but if mr smith was adored by you and you wanted to grow up to be the best (insert trade here) just like he was when you were a kid he would get a lot more leeway and forgiveness before you started to get the ar$e with him.
Mmm - nice pinkish coloured spectacles you have on there. I stopped idolising people when I was in my teens, since then you get my respect by how you conduct yourself now.

gazza has lived a lot of his life in the public eye and people have grown to love him therefor they will be more willing to forgive him and to try to understand the crap he's been through
I'm happy to understand the crap he has been through and even sympathsie, but it doesn't for a moment excuse his actions.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:37 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I guess most of us would be able to deal with a death of a child in our care much easier that Gazza would....I think he was 7 at the time.

I guess we'd just say "oh well" and get on with life.

Fact is most of us might lose the plot as an adult to have a kid killed while in our care.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:41 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Davyboy, there are plenty of sane adults that witnessed a childhood tragedy.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:41 PM
wrx-ian
Scooby Regular

I think gazza had to deal with the death of 3 peolple close to him at a early age.
Surely this would cause most people some deep rooted problems.
I`m not defending him for things he has done. But don`t you think deep down he is just a very scared person and needs a release from it be it drink/drugs or football.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:43 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Thing is you and I can not understand what he has had to go through. All he has know is football and at the start it came so easy to him. Then he was adored by millions and had a lot of outside interests with a lot of people wanting a bit of him. It has now waned and he is trying to build a life of his own yet the life that was thrust upon him has left him a mess. Some can cope and other can't. he is one that can't.

All he set out to do was play football and that brought with it more than he could ever have imagined or in the end coped with. Those who say he is a waster etc have not had to go through half of what he has in terms of dealing with something they have no idea about. the guy needs our help not ridicule.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:45 PM
pauly
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
Forgot the smiley pauly. It was a joke on the way your last message sounded.

You better have this
Old 06 December 2005, 08:45 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wrx-ian
But don`t you think deep down he is just a very scared person and needs a release from it be it drink/drugs or football.
He's one fúcked up individual that obviously needs help, yes. It's also tiresome how a large number of celebrities who have so much are also so fragile and are constantly referred to as heroes.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:54 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
I guess most of us would be able to deal with a death of a child in our care much easier that Gazza would....I think he was 7 at the time.

I guess we'd just say "oh well" and get on with life.

Fact is most of us might lose the plot as an adult to have a kid killed while in our care.

Oh well that's different then, he's a celebrity and had personal tragedy in his life, that makes it all OK then, how silly of me.

I sympathise, but if he can't behave in what is considered an acceptable manner by the rest of society then he needs help, if he won't accept it, then he is no better than any other wife beater and drunk. Past accolades count for naught.
Old 06 December 2005, 08:54 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Those who say he is a waster etc have not had to go through half of what he has in terms of dealing with something they have no idea about. the guy needs our help not ridicule.
Some that say it have been through a hell of a lot more too in dealing with something they know nothing about.

He needs help but away from the public eye and needs to stop the 'Oh sorry old me' act in the press and on tv.

He was broke (allegedly) not so long ago. He appears all over tv looking for sympathy and gets it in book sales. Next thing he is offering to buy out a football team and then still insists on ruining his future!!
Old 06 December 2005, 09:43 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
Some that say it have been through a hell of a lot more too in dealing with something they know nothing about.

He needs help but away from the public eye and needs to stop the 'Oh sorry old me' act in the press and on tv.

He was broke (allegedly) not so long ago. He appears all over tv looking for sympathy and gets it in book sales. Next thing he is offering to buy out a football team and then still insists on ruining his future!!
I agree. but will the press allow that?

He is the situation that a lot of boxers find themselves. They are not the brightest people or the most worldly wise yet they find themselves with a lot of people wishing to offer advice etc take adavantage of them. They don't know who to trust or who their friends are.

It happens all too often to be just a coincidence.

Quick Reply: Poor Gazza.