Warrington to Stafford Travel Times M6

Search this Thread

Old 05 December 2005, 01:02 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrington to Stafford Travel Times M6

I have the great pleasure of going to a conference on Friday in Stafford

I need to be there for about 8:30 Am and will be going down to Junction 14 Stafford. I will be getting on at Warrington north of the thelwall viaduct.. I have a feeling i'm not gonna like the answer.. but how logn is it likely totake me, does anyone frequent this stretch of the M6 in the mornings?? I guess it'll also be pretty bad at 5pm coming back the other way

Avi
Old 05 December 2005, 01:13 PM
RayC
Scooby Regular

Talking

your doomed!

my Mrs travelles from J19 to J21a see leaves at about 7.45 to get in for 9, bear in mind j18 - j16 has road works and the A500 has roadworks

my suggestion is come of at j19 middlewich take the A530 past Crewe to nantwich then take the road past Stapely water gardens (sorry dont have map or road number to hand- may still be called 530) it will take you all the way down to either J15 if you follow signs M6 north or J14 if you follow signs M6 south (you can go north or south at either juntion) , time from Nantwich to j14 40mins on back road, or you can hop back on at j16 in Crewe and only have a 300 yard stretch of road works
Old 05 December 2005, 02:37 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

RayC is giving good advice there... and if you're in a Scooby you're gonna LOVE that road south of Stapeley!!! It's A51 by the way.

You'll go past Bridgemere Garden Centre as well - then cross over the West Cost Line (there's a fun stretch just after this and then a real sharp bend and fantastic long stretch of road where I had great race with a Porsche... I lost but God I made him work for it! (Cally Turbo with 260bhp, and 280ft/lbs))

Say on it until you get to Stone. At the roundabout at the bottom of the Hill (huge ****** with a pub in the middle) you turn right towards Stone.

Oh, before i go any further, you are now in Staffordshire - there are HUNDREDS of Gatso's. There are TWO before you get to the next big roundabout.

Anyway, dual carriageway, straight over two mini(ish) roundabouts, (SC1) under a bridge (SC2) straight over the next one - dual carriageway all the way to the roundabout that leads you to J14 M6. After that it's straight on into Stafford, or left to skirt the outside of it towards the Hospital.
Old 05 December 2005, 07:02 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

No Scooby for Me, allthough a nice Civic Type-R is dojng me fine

I'm tempted to just sit on the motorway and bear it... i'm sure i'll manage to get completely lost otherwise.. I'm now guessing from various people's opinions that i need to set off about 6:30 am.
Old 05 December 2005, 10:31 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Avi - you won't mate... it's a dead easy road to get to and an easy one to drive on - plus as I said above... it's REALLY good fun on some of the stretches.

It's a good job my company lost the support contract we had in Stapeley, 'cos I would've killed myself down that road eventually. It really has got some stonking over-taking bits down there
Old 05 December 2005, 10:35 PM
danwrx1980
Scooby Regular

I do junction 19 to junction 14 quite often, and the southbound side is a lot quicker than going northbound, so its on the way home you're going to be late!!!!!!!!!
Ray C does give good advice, come off at Crewe, get on A51 past Nantwich, through Knighton (little village), then when you get to The Darlaston inn roundabout turn right and that is the A34, will take you straight down to Junction 14.
Should take hour and a half, 2 max I reckon.
Old 06 December 2005, 01:57 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Please be careful Avi. I need you back in one piece

Trending Topics

Old 07 December 2005, 12:48 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I do the run to stafford every day, getting on the M6 at J19 from the A556. I dont bother with the A roads apart from coming north on a Friday, when the M6 turns into a carpark.

It's unusual to be held up for any length of time on the m6 going south, only time it's been a problem is when some numptie crashes in the roadworks at J17-16. Listen to Radio 2 during your drive, they always have good bullitins in the morning for the M6 if there are any issues.

It takes me 50 minutes from J19 to the centre of stafford, using the m6 to J14 keeping at sensible speeds. Be careful in the roadworks as they use SPECS camera's and the speed limit is 40MPH, dont speed, it only lasts a few minutes and flows well usually.