Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

F##king Speed Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2005, 10:28 PM
DogsofWar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry F##king Speed Cameras

I've just been flashed by a bloody speed camera on the north bound carriage way of the A1 near Grantham, *******. They will be the first points and i'm going to try and make them the last, so i'm going to buy a speed camera detector so any suggestions on the best model? Sorry about the moaning but i'm well and truely pissed off.
Old 03 December 2005, 10:38 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Old 03 December 2005, 10:45 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

You have one as standard. It's called a speedometer.
Old 03 December 2005, 10:52 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DogsofWar
They will be the first points and i'm going to try and make them the last
DON'T GIVE IN TO THE SCAMERASHIPS! KEEP SPEEDING OR YOU'RE LETTING THEM WIN!

This post contains added vitamins and irony
Old 03 December 2005, 10:54 PM
Smurf2k
Scooby Regular

May sound a daft Q but how many times did the camera flash? been up that way a few times and noticed they only flashed once, this usually indicates that the camera has no film or has ran out
Old 03 December 2005, 10:55 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

i have a speed camera detector but hardly ever use it, it takes more than a warning on the dash to stop you from getting caught although it will help
Old 04 December 2005, 04:25 AM
Dr Seymour Klitz
Scooby Newbie

www.pepipoo.com

Trending Topics

Old 04 December 2005, 07:46 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't waste even MORE money!!

Just keep to the speed limit and it will, as if by magic, never happen again!!

Pete
Old 04 December 2005, 08:08 AM
wide
Scooby Regular

If your going to getone, then an old road angel classic will do the job well. tells you where gatsos are located, but the radar guns will still get you. I dont use mine that often ,only good if your going to a city you have never been before. Really just keep to the speed limits, sorry if its teaching you to suck eggs.
Old 04 December 2005, 09:14 AM
andyfish
Scooby Regular

Was happy with my road angel 2 - just traded in for a Navigator and happy with that too.
Old 04 December 2005, 09:40 AM
rb5 286
Scooby Regular

dont get a radar detector, just change your rear plate to something else , lot cheaper

alternatively get a road angel 2 or a sat nav that u can update with the speed camera database from www.pocketgps.co.uk
Old 04 December 2005, 02:04 PM
Drnaz_2000
Scooby Regular

but it wasnt you driving.....it was your friends friends....whats his name now......oh....you forgot.....oh well.
Old 04 December 2005, 04:27 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

The original Road Angel is supposed to be good because it doesn't "talk" to you, just beeps, so doesn't get annoying.

Alternatively, a friend of mine has just bought the latest HP iPac from ebay for ~£170 and got hold of a "backup" copy of TomTom software. He says it's superb and has all the latest info on static camera's and frequent mobile camera locations that have been reported to them.

The added bonus is that the iPac can be used for stacks of other things aswell so is better value for money, (eg Sat Nat, web browsing, email sync'ing, address book, etc).
Old 04 December 2005, 04:39 PM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

I've got a fully functioning road angel 1 that will tell you where all the permanent speed cameras are and also detect radar/laser guns that I am happy to sell cheap. PM if interested.
Old 04 December 2005, 04:47 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

get one asap .they have saved me 4 times and once last week .i do a lot of traveling so when im out of my home town the raod angel comes out.it picked up a radar gun from a bridge above the M62 (i think) going towards Hull anyway.i was doing 70 mph in anycase but if i decided to overtake it would of been a different story.
Old 04 December 2005, 04:55 PM
NXG
Scooby Regular

I've just been flashed by a bloody speed camera on the north bound carriage way of the A1 near Grantham, *******. They will be the first points and i'm going to try and make them the last, so i'm going to buy a speed camera detector so any suggestions on the best model? Sorry about the moaning but i'm well and truely pissed off.
I use the new Road Angel 2 (and you can turn off the voice if it annoys you) and I like it for the blackspot warnings as much as the camera warnings.

There's a blackspot on my communte home on the A43 between Northampton and Towcester. The RA2 reminds me about this without fail whereas you wouldn't think about it as a danger normally due to how open the road appears. There have been so many accidents there, some fatal, involving people turning across the dual lanes. You can't help but back off and concentrate a little more than normal when the RA2 beeps, so it must be worthwhile for that alone.

Another useful feature is the top speed warning (not sure what it's really called off hand) which lets you set a speed at which you want to be beeped at. I have mine set at a license retaining 95mph (speedo will indicate slightly higher). You'll still get points obviously, but you won't get an automatic ban (in a 70mph limit anyway). It works quite well as you are a lot less likely to exceed this speed once you've been reminded the next beep you hear may be your license being revoked! You can set it lower if you feel you must, or sell your Impreza, both will slow you down.

The optional licence plate sensors are well worth having as a lot of targetted mobile guns won't be picked up by the RA2 (or other manufacturers for that matter) dash level sensors.

No doubt you'll get lots of smart responses saying 'don't speed' and 'you should always be concentrating 100%' but this is the real world and most of them will be, lets say, 'tongue in cheek' remarks anyway.

If you do go for one of these, check out Network(x?) Automotive on eBay as they sell the new ones cheaper there than they do on their own website.

Steve
Old 04 December 2005, 05:06 PM
wrc350bhp
Scooby Regular

road pilot and diffuser front and back, no more to be said
Old 04 December 2005, 05:10 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Drnaz_2000
but it wasnt you driving.....it was your friends friends....whats his name now......oh....you forgot.....oh well.
Can't name the driver of the car at the time of the offence...never mind, the law allows for the owner to be prosecuted instead...you still gets the points...and surely you didn't permit use of the vehicle without insurance...nice try!!
Old 04 December 2005, 05:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Nothing beats a lump of mud that has been 'accidently' thrown up during your drive and amazingly makes one digit impossible to read

Pete
Old 04 December 2005, 05:51 PM
Fangoria
Scooby Regular

Just wondered
Whats the offence for driving without number plates?

I drove without a front number plate for a year (when I put on a front mounted intercooler) and never was stopped - but I had the rear one on

This would also be interesting in terms of central london congestion charging - although there seem to be a lot of more traffic bike coppers in central london!
Old 04 December 2005, 06:27 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Fail to display a registration mark...think there's a 30 pounder for it.
Old 04 December 2005, 07:02 PM
DogsofWar
Scooby Regular

To all that stated don't speed, I was only doing may be 5mph over the limit on a dual carriage way, I was the only car on the road plus I had the wife and kids with me, so no chance of silly speeds. Any way thats life!
Old 04 December 2005, 07:08 PM
Typer Jim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Smurf2k
May sound a daft Q but how many times did the camera flash? been up that way a few times and noticed they only flashed once, this usually indicates that the camera has no film or has ran out
I have an Origin B2 and it not let me down yet!!!!!!!

Do cameras actually have films in them in this day and age..... Surely they are digital!
Old 04 December 2005, 07:15 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

To all that stated don't speed, I was only doing may be 5mph over the limit on a dual carriage way, I was the only car on the road plus I had the wife and kids with me, so no chance of silly speeds. Any way thats life!
If you were only doing 5MPH over the limit, you were doing 75MPH and have NOTHING to fear .............. sleep easy.

By the way, and for future reference, the Cameras cannot tell if the road is clear or not ... it also cannot compute if there are others in the car and what relationship they are to the Driver ...

Pete
Old 04 December 2005, 07:21 PM
Typer Jim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
If you were only doing 5MPH over the limit, you were doing 75MPH and have NOTHING to fear .............. sleep easy.

By the way, and for future reference, the Cameras cannot tell if the road is clear or not ... it also cannot compute if there are others in the car and what relationship they are to the Driver ...

Pete
Old 04 December 2005, 07:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Typer Jim
I have an Origin B2 and it not let me down yet!!!!!!!

Do cameras actually have films in them in this day and age..... Surely they are digital!
Digital images are not admissable as evidence - as they can be manipulated without trace.

Pete
Old 04 December 2005, 07:33 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

I drive a HGV and have been told its a £60 fine but not endorsable, for no number plate. Its a risk you take. Better sticking to the limits than pushing your luck. Unless you know of a good bit of road, then give it some boot, and release the GRIN
Old 04 December 2005, 10:45 PM
billy2k
Scooby Newbie

There are loads around here i live in south kensington, u see the bikes pulling some poor sod every day.
Not a good look
Old 06 December 2005, 09:48 AM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Digital images are not admissable as evidence - as they can be manipulated without trace.

Pete
The police do use digital cameras now, they can be used as evidence - not sure how it works, some special picture format or something. I know 'cos I work in the RSPCA and we are a few years behind the police technology but we have just started to use approved digital images in court cases.
Old 06 December 2005, 09:50 AM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXPete
Fail to display a registration mark...think there's a 30 pounder for it.
If that is true it is much more sensible to drive around without one on if you intend to do a lot of speeding, as that is a lot cheaper than a speeding ticket!

Quick Reply: F##king Speed Cameras