Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fishtank Fanatics

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2005, 04:21 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fishtank Fanatics

Any of you Fishtank owners have the link for Greenlines website? I am in desperate need of more plants and can't find their website
Also can anyone recommend any plants that my Tinfoil barbs won't eat they never used to touch the plants but now they are getting bigger they tend to eat anything from stones - plants and even guppies
any help appreciated.
Old 26 November 2005, 04:37 PM
wazo'swrx
Scooby Regular

Wink PLANTS

I dont have the link sorry , what plants do you have in there at the moment ????? you could allways try plastic ones but they dont look to hot... ask at you local aquatic shop they should be able to help . i used to have plants in with my malawis . i think it was a bitter tasting plant like a java fern..hope this helps
Originally Posted by ScoobywagonGl
Any of you Fishtank owners have the link for Greenlines website? I am in desperate need of more plants and can't find their website
Also can anyone recommend any plants that my Tinfoil barbs won't eat they never used to touch the plants but now they are getting bigger they tend to eat anything from stones - plants and even guppies
any help appreciated.
Old 26 November 2005, 04:43 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

Here you go http://www.aquaticplants.eu.com/

As for the Tin Foil Barbs, drop chunks of peeled Aubergine or Cucumber into the tank. Weigh it down with the lead strips that come with plants if they dont eat it from the surface. If its not eaten within 24hrs remove and replace with fresh as the stuff stinks after a while and can mess up your filtration system. Java Fern is also a plant renound for not being eaten by fish. Hope this helps.

Last edited by prodriva; 26 November 2005 at 04:47 PM.
Old 26 November 2005, 05:21 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

wazo I know malawi's don't like Java fern but unfortunately my tinfoils do
Prodriva cheers for the link muchly appreciated! Used to add cucumber a lot mainly for all of the plecs in the tank but it used to mess up my filters all the time ... wether this was because they were cheaper filters rather than the standard Juwel filtration? Will give it another try and I must also try the aubergine! have to admit never tried that one before!
thanx guys
Tams
Old 26 November 2005, 05:29 PM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

Apologies, been on the Carlsberg this afternoon. I meant to say courgette not augerbine. My clown loach and algae eaters just love courgette. Try a lettuce leaf also if the tinfoils prefer to eat from the surface.
Old 26 November 2005, 11:48 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

they tend to eat anything that moves infront of them will definately try the Courgette cheers mate