Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Office related - Why do new mothers............

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2005, 01:01 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Office related - Why do new mothers............

...insist on bringing their new baby into the workplace to show their colleagues ?

Second one this week ....

Poor kid is crying it's lungs out and all the maternal colleagues are sitting poking the poor thing. " Give me a shot, I want to hold it, ooooh isn't it lovely" (looks the same as all other 3 wk old babies)

Rant over
Old 23 November 2005, 01:02 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

Ban them, new mothers and small babies belong at home
Old 23 November 2005, 01:04 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

lol.. we've had it here too. yes its a kid, great, take it home then its nappy smells
Old 23 November 2005, 01:04 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Oh come on...it's the only time the child will get to see its true father
Old 23 November 2005, 01:05 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Oh come on...it's the only time the child will get to see its true father
Class
Old 23 November 2005, 01:10 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

This happened in Specsavers when I was getting my last new pairs of glasses (buy 1 get 1 free) Because the bint serving me was more interested in the screaming **** factory that her colleague had brought in, than she was in listening to my requirements, they tinted the wrong pair
When I complained, they tried to insist that I needed to pay for the replacement lenses in the everyday pair needless to say words were exchanged, I didn't pay, and got a voucher for money off the next pair
Old 23 November 2005, 01:11 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Angry

Still feckin cryin

I'm off out for lunch

Trending Topics

Old 23 November 2005, 01:17 PM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

It is nice to see the end result of a work friends pregnancy, even if new borns all look the same.

I enjoy the baby visits.
Old 23 November 2005, 01:18 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

You must be a girl then
Old 23 November 2005, 01:18 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Haha....have to laugh at this Si, cos I know that my baba has been in your office to be "shown" and the mother doesn't even work there!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23 November 2005, 01:20 PM
Foot_Tapper
Scooby Regular

.get it here too...
Old 23 November 2005, 01:21 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

Haha....have to laugh at this Si, cos I know that my baba has been in your office to be "shown" and the mother doesn't even work there!!!!!!!!!!
I'll resist e-mailing your sis to see how this all fits in.....

As long as they don't visit my department then I've no problem with it Imlach.....but honestly, this place will soon need a creche if we get any more
Old 23 November 2005, 01:22 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiPie
I'll resist e-mailing your sis to see how this all fits in.....

As long as they don't visit my department then I've no problem with it Imlach.....but honestly, this place will soon need a creche if we get any more
What I'm worried about is the fact that more people in BG may know my son better than me
Old 23 November 2005, 01:22 PM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

You are a grumpy bunch...lol
Old 23 November 2005, 01:53 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

I was asked to go back to my old office to show off my pride and joy

Lighten up, you're only jealous of all the female attention they get
Old 23 November 2005, 02:12 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

It should be banned.

If 8 doting splits gather round a skriking spawn for 10 minutes cooing over it, then thats more than an hours lost work time... Also the blokes feel nauseus due to a baby being in the room and will take time off sick (possibly days) to recover.

The spawns gurgling and crying noises reduce customer satisfaction as callers cant hear properly for all the puking and nappy changing demands made by the spawn.

All (bar the odd seedless couple) can make these things, 1minute of grunting a 9 month wait while the incubator swells, followed by a few more hours gruting and there we go... It is NOT an achievement... We dont care.. Humans have been spawning for years and yours looks like every other...

As for comments like "oooo he's got his daddys eyes cooo keeee choooo avant ya, avent ya got ya daddies eyes? oooo keee choo choo yes"... If spawn had his dads eyes his dad would have no eyes because spawn would have them... Its ababy they all look, sound and smell the same... Sure you're proud of yours... BUT WE DONT CARE!!!!!

And relax

Last edited by Abdabz; 23 November 2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 23 November 2005, 02:20 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nicci
It is nice to see the end result of a work friends pregnancy,
So go visit them at home, in your own time
Old 23 November 2005, 02:21 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
It should be banned.

If 8 doting splits gather round a skriking spawn for 10 minutes cooing over it, then thats more than an hours lost work time... Also the blokes feel nauseus due to a baby being in the room and will take time off sick (possibly days) to recover.

The spawns gurgling and crying noises reduce customer satisfaction as callers cant hear properly for all the puking and nappy changing demands made by the spawn.

All (bar the odd seedless couple) can make these things, 1minute of grunting a 9 month wait while the incubator swells, followed by a few more hours gruting and there we go... It is NOT an achievement... We dont care.. Humans have been spawning for years and yours looks like every other...

As for comments like "oooo he's got his daddys eyes cooo keeee choooo avant ya, avent ya got ya daddies eyes? oooo keee choo choo yes"... If spawn had his dads eyes his dad would have no eyes because spawn would have them... Its ababy they all look, sound and smell the same... Sure you're proud of yours... BUT WE DONT CARE!!!!!

And relax
Old 23 November 2005, 03:04 PM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eClaire
Only to give them some kind of closure for the previous 8 and a half months of "feel my belly - it's kicking", "Oh - it was kicking a moment ago", "I'm definitely not looking forward to all the stretch marks", "I feel like I weigh 20 stone now - do I look fat?", "Oh - it's kicking again now!!!" rubbish they've been forced to endure...

As for the ones who wander round with their GUT sticking out - not even attempting to cover it up, whilst proclaiming "It's natural and beautiful!" - have a bit of pride woman!...

Old 23 November 2005, 03:12 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Gets on my nerves too .........I reckon we average one a week.

Gary
Old 23 November 2005, 03:26 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Abdabababadazzzz or whatever your flunking name is; if you personally had gone through childbirth you would realise it IS an achievement. When a woman has a child she feels like she is the first woman to have done it and wants all to see her child - she is so proud. We gently bring ourselves with a giggle telling ourselves we're not the first!

Women who go through labour and end up delivering by cesarean, a major op on par with someone like you having kidney out, HAVE TO take to life without giving things a second thought. If you did have that kidney out, you would expect to be allowed to stay in your kip for a few weeks and do nothing!!!! Now tell me those women have nothing to be proud of.

Even the previous 9 months are total hell for some women; yet they still manage to come to the office to do work. It's a major thing compared to MAN FLU most of you men get and take sickies for

And what physical triumphs do you have over the duration of the pre-pregnancy, pregnancy and birth? Shooting your load and hoping for the best - nothing to write home about!

So, get over yourself. And next time you dont want to see/hear our babies don't look/listen. You manage that when we, the superior species, nag at you.

Last edited by eClaire; 23 November 2005 at 03:35 PM. Reason: i spelled write wrong :D theres also a word or two missing due to the sheer fury of you cheekiness :oP
Old 23 November 2005, 03:28 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Spoon
Scooby Regular

Somebody say something?
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lighten up, you're only jealous of all the female attention they get
Thats right,suddenly they realise that the world doesnt revolve around them anymore.
Old 23 November 2005, 03:31 PM
Shonen
Scooby Regular

Abdabababadazzzz or whatever your flunking name is; if you personally had gone through childbirth you would realise it IS an achievement. When a woman has a child she feels like she is the first woman to have done it and wants all to see her child - she is so proud. We gently bring ourselves with a giggle telling ourselves we're not the first!

Women who go through labour and end up delivering by cesarean, a major op on par with someone like you having kidney out, HAVE TO take to life without giving things a second thought. If you did have that kidney out, you would expect to be allowed to stay in your kip for a few weeks and do nothing!!!! Now tell me those women have nothing to be proud of.

Even the previous 9 months are total hell for some women; yet they still manage to come to the office to do work. It's a major thing compared to MAN FLU most of you men get and take sickies for

And what physical triumphs do you have over the duration of the pre-pregnancy, pregnancy and birth? Shooting your load and hoping for the best - nothing to right home about!

So, get over yourself. And next time you dont want to see/hear our babies don't look/listen. You manage that when we, the superior species, nag at you.
Well bloody said!
Old 23 November 2005, 03:50 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Thanks Shonen.

Also, thanks to Uncle Ricky for the quote

I would also like to thank my GP, the ante-natal ward staff, the labour ward staff, the theatre staff, my registrar, peadiatrician (sp) the post-natal ward staff and of course my midwife for delivering my baby and keeping me well after my c-section. Apparently it's not a big deal, but you deserve it anyway Oh, and not forgetting hubby for his great contribution by *ahem*. You're great.
Old 23 November 2005, 03:53 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Oh, and how COULD I forget the anaesthetist!!
Old 23 November 2005, 03:56 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

You forgot God and his pal, the Virgin Mary.
Old 23 November 2005, 03:58 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imlach
You forgot God and his pal, the Virgin Mary.
Nah, if there was a god he would have shown men how sore it is by now. God is too scared to, therefore is obviously a man.

Mary, a virgin? Pull the other one it has bells on!
Old 23 November 2005, 04:00 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Men could have the child in their lunchbreak, back to work for an afternoon and then out with the lads at night claire, thats the difference

Quick Reply: Office related - Why do new mothers............