Default Worse than White Van Man....

The people carrier.
On two occassions today, up the bum end of my car. In mega thick fog aswell
Oooh, and don't they think they are the fastest thing on the road
Old 22 November 2005, 07:43 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Mothers on a mission - highly dangerous accident waiting to happen.....you should see them blast past my work on the icy ungritted side road leading to the school, rammed full of kids. I'm amazed they've manage to stop at the junction, and there hasn't been a nasty accident yet (the thought sickens me), although there was some glass there a few days back...so maybe one didn't make it.
Old 22 November 2005, 07:51 PM
trackman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are kamikaze pilots and no doubt!
Old 22 November 2005, 07:56 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Honestly, they are a nightmare. If they are not up the bum end of the car, they are breaking their necks to get past
Old 22 November 2005, 08:10 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

I didn't even have to read past the title of this thread and I knew it would be idiots in people carriers. Maybe its the shame of driving a converted van that makes them drive like loons. Had a stupid woman driving one last week, stuck in the lane 2 of dual carriage way at 45 mph - traffic all queued behind, got fed up so went to sneak by via lane one, decided she wanted to be in that lane and almost took front of car off. Then left at same junction still two lanes and in lane two decides she needs to in lane 1 as tunrning left, cant get in so when light go green (still in lane 1 straight on or turn right)cuts across and goes left causing everyone to slam on and let her do it. Best of it is car has three young children in ! Why could not go round the round about (approx 1 min extra added to journey etc). Know its a horrible thing to say but I wish someone had run into her as I believe that is the only way she would learn anything. And I would of stayed there and given evidence to say she was driving like a complete pratt.
Richard
Old 23 November 2005, 10:01 AM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

rsarjantson, did she have a child on board thing in the window?, that tends to mean license to drive like an ****.

And white van men like myself only do it to try and get our breeze block like vans in to the slip stream to try and gain some speed, well thats my excuse, the Belingo i drive is ****e to be polite, nothing worse that coming towards an incline you have to try and get as much speed as possible for the climb and some ******* pulls out, game over, it always tends to be people carriers or people in big BM's etc.
Old 23 November 2005, 10:04 AM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

one cut me up while i was going round a roundabout, i beeped, she stuck her arm out and gave me the finger
Old 23 November 2005, 10:08 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Trust me it works both ways, had to use a Galaxy for a week instead of the scoob and i got cut up pulled out on and generally treated like ****e.

On top of the fact that they handle like boats and look like posh vans you get treated like a lepar on the roads!
Old 23 November 2005, 10:13 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Take a section of country road to get to my work. its about 1 and a half cars wide, now when Im driving down the road in my RX7 (its fairly low hence the part coming up) I dont particually like pulling half on to the grass, especially where the tarmac runs out because theres a dip and the grass is like 1 big ditch, now on the other side its relatively flat. I still use the edge of the grass for other cars like a mini I see every morning but 9 times out of 10 I see a 4x4 with a WOMAN driver who wont leave the tarmac nearly running me off the road all the time and damaging the side skirts now I just stop in the middle of the road and MAKE them use that 4x4 of theirs for what it was intended for
Old 23 November 2005, 11:01 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Swen6
rsarjantson, did she have a child on board thing in the window?, that tends to mean license to drive like an ****.

And white van men like myself only do it to try and get our breeze block like vans in to the slip stream to try and gain some speed, well thats my excuse, the Belingo i drive is ****e to be polite, nothing worse that coming towards an incline you have to try and get as much speed as possible for the climb and some ******* pulls out, game over, it always tends to be people carriers or people in big BM's etc.
I know your dispair with non-hdi Belingos. A place I used to work lumbered me one as they got fed up of paying allowences for my own car. 70mph on the motorway was a struggle and any hill meant using 4th gear to maintain the speed limit. 80 was possible by removing teh roof ladder (involved removing the cab partioning, so it would fit in the back - all done at a service station...boss was not happy...but at least now I could slide the seat all the way back ) Also slip streaming and using run ups downhill worked a treat But once you got upto speed, you found some **** hogging lane 3 or you get blocked in lane 2 by a middle lane moron and some idiot in lane 3 who is taking ages to overtake by barely travelling 1mph faster.
Old 23 November 2005, 12:05 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

People carriers are not safe in anyones hands! The women can't drive them or park them for toffee - plus they try to drive them whilst talking/ playing/ feeding other kids in the car - AND THEY BAN MOBILES COS THEY'RE DANGEROUS!

Then, in the school hols, Dad gets his hands on it and decides to 'open it up a bit' on the M1
Old 23 November 2005, 12:10 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think they must be trying to prove something!

We have the same problem with narrow lanes down here Dave GTT and I do the same, if I get to the narrow bit first I drive down the middle or stop there and force them to at least slow down. You have to do it for your own protection.

Les
Old 23 November 2005, 12:13 PM
richardg
Scooby Regular

had the same thing yesterday on the the way home - 30mph zone with a people carrier on my rear bumper, trying to push me down the road whilst on the phone and accompanied by a young child in the front seat not tall enough to see over the dashboard.
Old 23 November 2005, 12:17 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

the reason why they cant park properly is because the lines are too narrow and havent been updated to align with the size of people carriers according to the news this morning.
Old 23 November 2005, 12:26 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Although anyone with a Zafira GSI is fine by me!!!!
Old 23 November 2005, 12:49 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan
she stuck her arm out and gave me the finger
You should have returned the favour, she'll most likely not have had "the finger" in a while and will be grateful!

Ns04
Old 24 November 2005, 09:44 AM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

ALi-B you got it spot on
Old 24 November 2005, 10:34 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

My youngest, now 16, started referring to these things as "vans with windows" when he was about 7, and old enough to have an interest in cars.

I'm pretty sure that it's right: people who drive them DO drive like idiots to prove to others that it REALLY IS a sports car, not a van

Seriously: you should see how French MEN drive 'em, let alone their women You can be in the Scoob at silly speeds on a French motorway, pass one, and withins seconds it'll come screaming back past you. I've seen 'em towing trailers at over 100mph

Alcazar
Old 24 November 2005, 10:44 AM
magicdudey
Scooby Regular

TRUST ME!
Never never mess with a mum who is:
Late, dropping the kids off, making a phone call on her mobile, thinking about the shopping list, have I shut the front door etc etc! As Arnoe once said in one of his films.YOU WILL LOOZE! he he
I do find the dudes in the Cryselers MPV's are the WORST! (how do you spell it?)
Old 24 November 2005, 10:49 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by magicdudey
(how do you spell it?)
I T ?

or do you mean Chrysler?
Old 24 November 2005, 10:51 AM
magicdudey
Scooby Regular

Very very good.
I T ? = Yes
or do you mean Chrysler? = Yes
Old 24 November 2005, 06:43 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

here is a people carrier darling . and here is a mobile phone to use while driving the people carrier darling !

most of them only have one ****** kid anyways!!